2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
38%
Pacers
62%

Total votes: 21

falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 6,025

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers 

Post#221 » by falcolombardi » Sun May 5, 2024 3:36 am

Capn'O wrote:What the hell does selling out for rebounds mean?

Usually going with multiple guys for the offensive board at the risk of letting the paint open for a fastbreak by guards
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,898

Post#222 » by RHODEY » Sun May 5, 2024 6:17 am

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
It seems we disagree on a pretty fundamental level here. If you believe that a lower body injury cannot impact one's shooting then, well, we just aren't going to ever agree. Do you really believe that all 3 of Randle, Embiid and Haliburton just coincidentally started shooting poorly once they got injured? Is this really your claim? Because if that's your claim, then it's a piss poor claim.

Haliburton may indeed shoot poorly in this series. He did shoot poorly against Milwaukee after all. But that's not who he is as a player going forward. Same goes for Randle last season and any other player that plays through injury. You may disagree with this notion but injuries do indeed limit players.
I never said injuries don't limit players. I said I don't think a hammy strain from 4 months ago is limiting Haliburton. I think he's come down to earth.

Come down to Earth after being a 40+% shooting for his entire college and NBA career until he got injured?

You’ve got to be trolling.

Nope no trolling , he's Michael Carter Williams Part 2.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,647

Post#223 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun May 5, 2024 7:24 am

RHODEY wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I never said injuries don't limit players. I said I don't think a hammy strain from 4 months ago is limiting Haliburton. I think he's come down to earth.

Come down to Earth after being a 40+% shooting for his entire college and NBA career until he got injured?

At this point, claiming you are trolling would make you look better.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,342

Post#224 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:21 pm

Will the 6 fools who voted Pacers sweep please show themselves :lol:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,856

Post#225 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:12 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Will the 6 fools who voted Pacers sweep please show themselves :lol:

Well there's 2 nets fans in existence and both of them post here. Then we've got the 2 Embiid fanboys who are still hoping for Brunson to spontaneously combust and for the league to reverse the result of round 1.

Plus that one "lakers fan"...who's probably just a burner for one of the Embiid fanboys, and is in every Brunson thread trying to convince people that Jalen is just Trae with better hair.

...and then there's that mysterious 6th vote...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
davidfr94
Senior
And1: 512

Post#226 » by davidfr94 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:20 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Come down to Earth after being a 40+% shooting for his entire college and NBA career until he got injured?

Tbh, at this point, i don't think we can say anymore that all of his struggles are only caused by his injury four mouth ago.

Did he really come back to earth ? Are teams more prepared defending him ? Is he having trouble adjusting to losing buddy heild and playing a lot with nembhard and siakam in the starting lineup (who are not elite shooters)?
All of the above ?

Regarding his shooting pourcentage, he is also simply taking A LOT of bad shots.

It's true that he looks slower out there but his bad hamstring has nothing to do with him taking all those ill advised shots.
You also have to consider that he is playing garbage defense.

Only Time will tell but i don't think it's stupid at this point to ask if his true level is not somewhere between what we are seeing right now and what he was doing at the beggining of the year.

He is still having, while struggling, a huge impact out there though.

Sent from my 22011119UY using RealGM Forums mobile app
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,409

Post#227 » by boomershadow » Sun May 5, 2024 8:29 pm

I think Ty just hasn't found that rhythm he had earlier this season. Doesn't mean he totally forgot how to shoot.
cgf
RealGM

Post#228 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 8:32 pm

If his shooting earlier this season had been the outlier, I think you'd have more to worry about. But looking over his young career, it's this slump from 3 that's been the exception. So unless you think teams have finally figured out how to bother his shooting motion, it seems more likely that his 3ball bounces back sooner or later.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,922

Post#229 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun May 5, 2024 9:04 pm

I think Tyrese is still hurt. Man was pretty pissed off at the 65 game rule and it seemed like he rushed back to try and get his money.

Still, no one is feeling sorry for any other teams (and completely healthy) right now, Halliburton can obviously still take 10 threes and make big plays like he did in Milwaukee, and he’s talking smack.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,898

Post#230 » by RHODEY » Sun May 5, 2024 10:48 pm

davidfr94 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
RHODEY wrote:Nope no trolling , he's Michael Carter Williams Part 2.

Tbh, at this point, i don't think we can say anymore that all of his struggles are only caused by his injury four mouth ago.

Did he really come back to earth ? Are teams more prepared defending him ? Is he having trouble adjusting to losing buddy heild and playing a lot with nembhard and siakam in the starting lineup (who are not elite shooters)?
All of the above ?

Regarding his shooting pourcentage, he is also simply taking A LOT of bad shots.

It's true that he looks slower out there but his bad hamstring have nothing to do with him taking all those ill advised shots.
You also have to consider that he is playing garbage defense.

Only Time will tell but i don't think it's stupid at this point to ask if his true level is not somewhere between what we are seeing right now and what he was doing at the beggining of the year.

He is still having, while struggling, a huge impact out there though.

Sent from my 22011119UY using RealGM Forums mobile app
Yup exactly...
cgf
RealGM

Post#231 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 10:56 pm

So in his career Haliburton shot well over 40% on 1427 3PA before the ASB this season. And has shot 30% on 195 3PA since the ASB...

Special_Puppy
Bench Warmer
And1: 931

Post#232 » by Special_Puppy » Sun May 5, 2024 11:38 pm

I'd make the Knicks 2-1 favorites. Modal outcome is Knicks in 5
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,647

Post#233 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon May 6, 2024 12:36 am

cgf wrote:So in his career Haliburton shot well over 40% on 1427 3PA before the ASB this season. And has shot 30% on 195 3PA since the ASB...

But it has nothing to do with the injury that coincidentally happened right as he started to struggle to shoot.

Tyrese Haliburton isn’t as good as Michael Carter Williams after all…
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#234 » by NYKnickerbocker » Mon May 6, 2024 12:36 am

It’s not uncommon for a player to just have a down shooting season. Blaming a sore hamstring from 4 months ago as to why he’s been struggling seems extreme. Also comparing it to Randles ankle injury from last season which happened literally a week before the playoffs isn’t fair either lol.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Tyrese find his magic against my Knicks. Just watched the “ hobbled” “one legged” “one eyed” “migrain afflicted” Bumbiid drop 50 and 40 point games on us lol
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,508

Post#235 » by xBulletproof » Mon May 6, 2024 1:17 am

Pretty excited for tomorrow. May end up bad for me, as the Pacers are very Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. All year they have days they look like they could win a title, and days they look like a complete disaster. It's why they looked so bad in game 1 vs the Bucks, but were fine as things moved on. Which I expected, I've watched them do that all year. Just don't overreact no matter which version of the Pacers shows up, it should look completely different in game 2.

Looking forward to all the chess match stuff. Knicks offensive rebounding vs Pacers running. Do the Knicks back off the boards to stop the running? Or does the off rebounding advantage win out over the points they give up on fast breaks doing it? Who adjusts there first. Does OG guard Siakam or Hali? Does Nembhard or Nesmith guard Brunson? Do the Knicks stay at 7 man rotation, or do they go deeper if the Pacers speed the game up?

A lot of fun things to watch as a pure basketball fan, not even as a Pacers fan.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,968

Post#236 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 6, 2024 1:56 am

That Siakam trade is why I think this will be a tougher series than the odds have predicted. He brings an additional grittiness I think they needed. They’ll need him to be at least as effective as he was in the first round.

22.8 PPG 8.8 RPG 4.2 APG 0.8 SPG 0.7 BPG
54.7% FG 57.5% EFG 57.1% TS

B/W him Nemhard Neismeth Turner they’re not just going to roll over and let you score at will. I have it going at least 6 if Haliburton can be closer to his pre injury form
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,161

Post#237 » by HMFFL » Mon May 6, 2024 2:02 am

The Books like New York to win the series at -259.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,640

Post#238 » by ajones9219 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:06 am

Screw it, Pacers in 6
xBulletproof
Analyst
And1: 4,508

Post#239 » by xBulletproof » Mon May 6, 2024 2:11 am

I guess I'll get in an official prediction .... Knicks in 6.

I wouldn't be shocked by anything between Knicks in 5, to Pacers in 6. Anything in between seems incredibly possible. Knicks in 6 seems most likely to me though.

Return to The General Board