Porter brother number three

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,987

Porter brother number three 

Post#1 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 1, 2024 8:28 pm

Man what’s with MPJ’s brothers. Brother number three arrested for dui. Didn’t he learn from his older brother. Smh

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/40064144/jevon-porter-brother-michael-porter-jr-arrested-suspicion-dwi

Jevon Porter, a former Pepperdine standout and the younger brother of Denver Nuggets star Michael Porter Jr., was arrested Friday night in Missouri on suspicion of DWI, Missouri State Sgt. Kyle Green confirmed to ESPN.

Porter, 20, was released on summons and not booked into jail in Boone County, where the incident occurred, according to Green. The news of Porter's arrest was first reported by Power Mizzou.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Re: Porter brother number three 

Post#2 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 1, 2024 8:40 pm

If I had a brother going to jail for 7 years for dui causing death the last thing I would do is drive under the influence. I wouldn’t anyway but still. What was he thinking
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 553

Post#3 » by famicommander » Wed May 1, 2024 8:41 pm

It's pretty clear Mike's parents raised a bunch of idiots. At least Mike is seemingly a harmless one.
In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 250

Post#4 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 8:47 pm

How many Porter brothers are there?
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,095

Post#5 » by Shock Defeat » Wed May 1, 2024 8:48 pm

You know you ****d up as parents when 3 of your kids do stupid stuff. two kids busted for DUI, one kid illegally gambling.

Michael Porter I am sure hopefully is fine but imagine if he did not have god given athletic ability and make millions as a basketball player. Who knows where he would be. Heck Jontay did make millions as a basketball player, still did something idiotic.

One thing is clear, their parents didn't teach their children how to make correct decisions in life. This is not surprising because I am pretty sure there were articles about the unorthodox ways that their parents raised the family, not to mention they have highly questionable beliefs on things like vaccines, diets, etc.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#6 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 1, 2024 8:50 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:You know you ****d up as parents when 3 of your kids do stupid stuff. two kids busted for DUI, one kid illegally gambling.

Michael Porter I am sure hopefully is fine but imagine if he did not have god given athletic ability and make millions as a basketball player. Who knows where he would be. Heck Jontay did make millions as a basketball player, still did something idiotic.

One thing is clear, their parents didn't teach their children how to make correct decisions in life. This is not surprising because I am pretty sure there were articles about the unorthodox ways that their parents raised the family, not to mention they have highly questionable beliefs on things like vaccines, diets, etc.

They were home schooled and come from a religious family.
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,086

Post#7 » by chilluminati » Wed May 1, 2024 8:59 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:You know you ****d up as parents when 3 of your kids do stupid stuff. two kids busted for DUI, one kid illegally gambling.

They were home schooled and come from a religious family.

Makes sense, too sheltered from life and then it all hits them at once. It was like the baptist homeschooled neighbor girl from my childhood. Nun like innocence for 17 years, and then in her first week of leaving home for college she got knocked up immediately and came home with a baby 9 months later.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,746

Post#8 » by Yoshun » Wed May 1, 2024 9:02 pm

I'll be the first one to say I didn't know a lot about how some of the laws work, but "suspicion of DWI" is a little sketchy. This could be the officer being a jerk, or the judge giving him a break. From my understanding, you usually only get "released on summons" if you have a clean history.
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,156

Post#9 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Wed May 1, 2024 9:03 pm

Let's hope for MPJ's sake one of them doesn't turn out like Dele's jealous POS brother "Cain".
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,701

Post#10 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed May 1, 2024 9:03 pm

The parents raised a bunch of morons.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 90,017

Post#11 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 9:07 pm

Yoshun wrote:I'll be the first one to say I didn't know a lot about how some of the laws work, but "suspicion of DWI" is a little sketchy. This could be the officer being a jerk, or the judge giving him a break. From my understanding, you usually only get "released on summons" if you have a clean history.

He almost certainly refused a breathalyzer and has access to money for an attorney/bail so of course he's out. Pretty standard. If you see a report where he loses his DL for a year it basically confirms it since that's generally an automatic when you refuse the breathalyzer.

So without the test, it's still suspicion technically.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Sealab2024
Senior
And1: 734

Post#12 » by Sealab2024 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:08 pm

Dummies are making it real easy for MPJ to have nothing to do with them. I mean where's the terrible business ideas, the passive aggressive wish for someone to "give them a break" or the attempts to become an agent?

This is what happens when you home school kids. They don't learn the basics and they end up completely off the rails.
Texas Chuck
And1: 90,017

Post#13 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 9:13 pm

Sealab2024 wrote:This is what happens when you home school kids. They don't learn the basics and they end up completely off the rails.

Seems reasonable to take this one story and use it to attack all home-schooled kids and their parents. Literally none of them learn anything and are all off the rails. :roll:
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Sealab2024
Senior
And1: 734

Post#14 » by Sealab2024 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:14 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Sealab2024 wrote:This is what happens when you home school kids. They don't learn the basics and they end up completely off the rails.

Seems reasonable to take this one story and use it to attack all home-schooled kids and their parents. Literally none of them learn anything and are all off the rails. :roll:

Settle down, I was joking.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#15 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 1, 2024 9:19 pm

In-N-Out 247 wrote:How many Porter brothers are there?

He has 8 brothers and sisters. Big family
In-N-Out 247
Junior

Post#16 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:33 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
In-N-Out 247 wrote:How many Porter brothers are there?

He has 8 brothers and sisters. Big family

I actually looked it up - pretty crazy there are 5 boys and 3 girls. 8 kids in total. All of them play/played basketball. They are all really tall - Michael & Jevon are both 6-11, Jontay is 6-10, Isaak is 6-7, Coban is 6-5. Sisters Cierra & Jayda are 6-4 and Bri is 6-3.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 814

Post#17 » by disoblige » Wed May 1, 2024 9:41 pm

Repeat 3-peat wrote:The parents raised a bunch of morons.

They are spoiled kids who thinks they are kings and can do whatever they want. Since they were grew up wealthy, they thought they are more privilege than others.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#18 » by AleksandarN » Wed May 1, 2024 9:49 pm

disoblige wrote:

They are spoiled kids who thinks they are kings and can do whatever they want. Since they were grew up wealthy, they thought they are more privilege than others.

grew up wealthy? MPJ stated growing up they rationed food. He also played basketball with hand me down shoes. Doesn't sound like spoiled kids. Which makes sense when you have 8 children. They weren't wealthy for at least some of his up bringing.
In-N-Out 247
Junior

Post#19 » by In-N-Out 247 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:18 pm

disoblige wrote:

Do you know that they grew up wealthy or are you just assuming they did?
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,821

Post#20 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:37 pm

Does Jamal have any crazy brothers too?

Return to The General Board