LeBron attempts to physically intimidate a female Denver fan

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 373

Re: LeBron attempts to physically intimidate a female Denver fan 

Post#61 » by reddyplayerone » Wed May 1, 2024 10:18 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:The people saying this was sexist are the ones being sexist. So if this was a man sitting courtside and LeBron did it, it's all in good fun, but since it's a woman you're automatically assuming she can't handle it and that it was rude and inappropriate.

The whole thing is weird. The fan behavior is weird, the vaguely threatening gesture from LeBron is weird, and the gender stuff of it all has just about everyone in this thread acting extra weird af

This thread even has some transphobia sprinkled into and that has nothing to do with anything going on here, but like I said, people are being super weird about this.

The fan's behavior wasn't weird at all. LeBron's response was novel and funny. Any and all gender talk resulting from this is indeed weird.

No I think making antagonizing "Crying face" motions to a guy just trying to do his job while you sit and watch him is very much weird behavior that isn't actually tolerated in like just about any other setting but this one for some reason.

And I think responding with a weird lunging thing like LeBron did is also a super weird thing to do because violence sucks.

And I think that would be true even if both participants were guys!

And I think a lot of the responses here are deeply weird and unsettling in how eager they seem to be in their desire to pretend that a man lunging at a woman is exactly the same thing as if he were lunging at another man like that.

Just weird behavior all around.
bovice
Pro Prospect
And1: 954

Post#62 » by bovice » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

Prince187 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:If you cant laugh at this there is something wrong with you.

Sorry I’m not an incel/woman hater so I don’t find the idea of physical violence towards women to be funny

lmaoo tell me you're a virgin without telling me
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,708

Post#63 » by Michael Jackson » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Even a resident LeBron hater like me thought that was funny as hell. Much better then the typical LeBron that would have tried to get them tossed

Def not the biggest LBJ fan but that was funny and it wasn't :threatening" if he got up close or something but while waking by and not that close making a juke move to someone yelling at him it was perhaps sophmoric, but ultimately inane.
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 664

Post#64 » by PedroFlu » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

They were very ostensibly and directly provoking him. I'm sure Lebron actually wanted to hit them and he lost his temper for a second. Cant blame him... well done
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#65 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 10:22 pm

Posting Clay Travis tweets is a bannable offense
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,775

Post#66 » by infinite11285 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:25 pm

OxAndFox wrote:Meh, don't think it's a good look...at all. Violence, or threatening violence against women isn't a joke.

In no way is taking a quick step toward someone considered a threat of physical violence by any governing body or court of law. Now, I understand why Clay Travis is trying to thread this needle, but let's not perpetuate something that isn't there.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,996

Post#67 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:30 pm

Lmao what? Some obnoxious fan is leaping out of her chair halfway to shout at him. Who cares if he does a fake flinch thing? Then I have to come in and read people using the “incel” buzzword acting like he said something disparaging about women or something. :roll: :lol: :lol: . This forum is too woke sometimes man.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,081

Post#68 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:31 pm

reddyplayerone wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
reddyplayerone wrote:
The whole thing is weird. The fan behavior is weird, the vaguely threatening gesture from LeBron is weird, and the gender stuff of it all has just about everyone in this thread acting extra weird af

This thread even has some transphobia sprinkled into and that has nothing to do with anything going on here, but like I said, people are being super weird about this.

The fan's behavior wasn't weird at all. LeBron's response was novel and funny. Any and all gender talk resulting from this is indeed weird.

No I think making antagonizing "Crying face" motions to a guy just trying to do his job while you sit and watch him is very much weird behavior that isn't actually tolerated in like just about any other setting but this one for some reason.

And I think responding with a weird lunging thing like LeBron did is also a super weird thing to do because violence sucks.

And I think that would be true even if both participants were guys!

And I think a lot of the responses here are deeply weird and unsettling in how eager they seem to be in their desire to pretend that a man lunging at a woman is exactly the same thing as if he were lunging at another man like that.

Just weird behavior all around.

Just disagree then. I think the crying face thing pretty innocuous and at worst lame. Calling what LeBron did a "lunge" is excessive. He was far away from her and he moved like 5 inches. It wasn't a lunge or an attempt to intimidate.

And yes, considering how harmless the whole thing was, the gender of the fan makes no difference. If we're talking about a player getting into a fan's face, or about anything physical, then yes, different story.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Post#69 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 10:32 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:Lmao what? Some obnoxious fan is leaping out of her chair halfway to shout at him. Who cares if he does a fake flinch thing? Then I have to come in and read people using the “incel” buzzword acting like he said something disparaging about women or something. :roll: :lol: :lol: . This forum is too woke sometimes man.

Define woke man
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
RB34
RealGM
And1: 15,269

Post#70 » by RB34 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:33 pm

Can’t stand LeBron but this is not it.

Absolute storm in a teacup.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,821

Post#71 » by Raps in 4 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:34 pm

I don't like LeBron but that was hilarious.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,437

Post#72 » by zimpy27 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:37 pm

If you can't see how funny it is for someone to troll an NBA player and be instantly shown as a coward/moron, then you aren't getting full enjoyment of realgm.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,996

Post#73 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:38 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:Lmao what? Some obnoxious fan is leaping out of her chair halfway to shout at him. Who cares if he does a fake flinch thing? Then I have to come in and read people using the “incel” buzzword acting like he said something disparaging about women or something. :roll: :lol: :lol: . This forum is too woke sometimes man.

Define woke man

“Umbrella term for individuals who are engrossed by social justice and thinks of themselves as saviors with a moral high ground, but remain willfully ignorant to the irrationality of their claims and the problems they create.”
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#74 » by xchange55 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:39 pm

PedroFlu wrote:They were very ostensibly and directly provoking him. I'm sure Lebron actually wanted to hit them and he lost his temper for a second. Cant blame him... well done

You sound like a winner! :crazy:
Wargreymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,567

Post#75 » by Wargreymon » Wed May 1, 2024 10:41 pm

Jokic would never do that to a women.
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 534

Post#76 » by swyftdahoe » Wed May 1, 2024 10:41 pm

Bron definitely lost his cool for a split second and quickly realized it (joking it away after w' the flinching).
That said, fans are wild. Just because you can afford good tix doesn't mean you can just say/do whatever to players knowing damn well you'd never do it randomly irl.
California Gold
Starter
And1: 2,740

Post#77 » by California Gold » Wed May 1, 2024 10:42 pm

This thread really backfired on the OP and his agenda. :lol:

Not one person agreeing with him.
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#78 » by xchange55 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:43 pm

The fans heckle the road players all the time - not just Lebron. Now how many players actually get distracted by it in the playoffs and when the game and season is on the line? Did his ego get bruised?

I guess when he getting stomped by AG and Joker he needs to pick a fight with smaller dog.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,322

Post#79 » by KyRo23 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:44 pm

Wargreymon wrote:Jokic would never do that to a women.

His brothers probably would have just beat her at half time instead
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,894

Post#80 » by JJ_PR » Wed May 1, 2024 10:45 pm

I don't think he tried to intimidate her at all. It was probably meant to be funny, if anything.

Return to The General Board