LeBron attempts to physically intimidate a female Denver fan

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,506

Re: LeBron attempts to physically intimidate a female Denver fan 

Post#81 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 10:46 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:Lmao what? Some obnoxious fan is leaping out of her chair halfway to shout at him. Who cares if he does a fake flinch thing? Then I have to come in and read people using the “incel” buzzword acting like he said something disparaging about women or something. :roll: :lol: :lol: . This forum is too woke sometimes man.

Define woke man

“Umbrella term for individuals who are engrossed by social justice and thinks of themselves as saviors with a moral high ground, but remain willfully ignorant to the irrationality of their claims and the problems they create.”

Key word being umbrella. This isnt woke dude, you shoehorned this into the convo because you're you
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,995

Post#82 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:49 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Define woke man

“Umbrella term for individuals who are engrossed by social justice and thinks of themselves as saviors with a moral high ground, but remain willfully ignorant to the irrationality of their claims and the problems they create.”

Key word being umbrella. This isnt woke dude, you shoehorned this into the convo because you're you

I consider labeling people as incel for thinking nothing is wrong with this and making it an attack on women in general is textbook woke. Unfounded claims of sexism (including incel), racism, Xenophobia, homophobia and any major areas of social justice that are lobbied against people with zero evidence are WOKE.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 10:51 pm

OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:

I consider labeling people as incel for thinking nothing is wrong with this and making it an attack on women in general is textbook woke.

Or... he's just an idiot? Does he have to fall under a vague socio-political spectrum according to you because he doesnt know what he's talking about? Also, the guy tweeted Clay Travis ffs, read the room :lol:
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 25,021

Post#84 » by NyKnicks1714 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:54 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:Key word being umbrella. This isnt woke dude, you shoehorned this into the convo because you're you

I consider labeling people as incel for thinking nothing is wrong with this and making it an attack on women in general is textbook woke.

Or... he's just an idiot? Does he have to fall under a vague socio-political spectrum according to you because he doesnt know what he's talking about? Also, the guy tweeted Clay Travis ffs, read the room :lol:

In fairness they don't even know what they mean when they say "woke", so it's as valid here as anywhere else.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,735

Post#85 » by 76thBearCub » Wed May 1, 2024 10:55 pm

Can't say I can picture another 40 year old man doing that.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,177

Post#86 » by picc » Wed May 1, 2024 10:57 pm

I'm not saying it wasn't wild that a 6'8 tank athlete flexed on a woman, cause it kinda is, but these fans have gotten way too comfortable for my liking and I like when they catch a stray back. Maybe we need another Metta World Peace to remind fans things can go left if they get too out of pocket.

Btw, lets stop and appreciate how angry Bron must have been at the time for him to shed his precious company boy, good guy, face of the league persona for a second, and react with pure instinct to do something that could have really got him in some trouble.

The Nuggets had that man in his FEELINGS.
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 10:57 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Funcrusher wrote:
OkcSinceSGA wrote:

In fairness they don't even know what they mean when they say "woke", so it's as valid here as anywhere else.

Sad because he doesnt even realize calling a guy who shares CT tweets "woke" is basically calling out your own :lol:
Funcrusher
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Funcrusher » Wed May 1, 2024 11:00 pm

picc wrote:I'm not saying it wasn't wild that a 6'8 tank athlete flexed on a woman, cause it kinda is, but these fans have gotten way too comfortable for my liking and I like when they catch a stray back. Maybe we need another Metta World Peace to remind fans things can go left if they get too out of pocket.

Btw, lets stop and appreciate how angry Bron must have been at the time for him to shed his precious company boy, good guy, face of the league persona for a second, and react with pure instinct to do something that could have really upset people, and still might.

I dont get LeBron hate from a personal standpoint. But i gotta admit, you are one of the funniest and more admirable LeBron haters, salute man :lol:
Prince187
Sixth Man
And1: 1,831

Post#89 » by Prince187 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:06 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:That lady will be telling that story for 30+ years. LeBron gave her a gift.

It was much more of a gift to his critics. Imagine doing something that pathetic on the biggest stage at the tail end of your career. This is always going to be brought up against him. Let’s paint the stage and try to picture any of the all time greats doing that. In a game in which the Lakers got 20 more free throw attempts than the nuggets, a rare call goes against LeBron, he throws a tantrum and starts saying these refs sucks, he gets owned by a woman who makes a crying gesture towards him, to which he responds by making a threatening gesture to her, and for the cherry on top he brags about making her flinch and then gets dissed by everyone around him :x People like to talk about how his bball iq is but his actual iq must be super low
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,217

Post#90 » by DonaldSanders » Wed May 1, 2024 11:07 pm

Prince187 wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:That lady will be telling that story for 30+ years. LeBron gave her a gift.

It was much more of a gift to his critics. Imagine doing something that pathetic on the biggest stage at the tail end of your career. This is always going to be brought up against him. Let’s paint the stage and try to picture any of the all time greats doing that. In a game in which the Lakers got 20 more free throw attempts than the nuggets, a rare call goes against LeBron, he throws a tantrum and starts saying these refs sucks, he gets owned by a woman who makes a crying gesture towards him, to which he responds by making a threatening gesture to her, and for the cherry on top he brags about making her flinch and then gets dissed by everyone around him :x People like to talk about how his bball iq is but his actual iq must be super low

Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,793

Post#91 » by Pointgod » Wed May 1, 2024 11:09 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Prince187 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=LvcGqyVJ8gvMOqahRQSDVw

Damn what is wrong with this guy? In all my years watching sports I’ve never seen anything like this before. I love seeing Gordon ignore LeBron when he’s trying to flex about how he just made a woman instinctively react with fear at the idea of physical violence. Just retire already dude

Automatic L for posting Clay Travis
and this was funny as hell

Please keep political opinions off RGM. You might think that is an L, but others don't.

Clay Travis is a massive moron regardless of his politics. Like I said posting this dumbass’ tweet like Lebron was serious is a L
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,177

Post#92 » by picc » Wed May 1, 2024 11:09 pm

Funcrusher wrote:
picc wrote:I'm not saying it wasn't wild that a 6'8 tank athlete flexed on a woman, cause it kinda is, but these fans have gotten way too comfortable for my liking and I like when they catch a stray back. Maybe we need another Metta World Peace to remind fans things can go left if they get too out of pocket.

Btw, lets stop and appreciate how angry Bron must have been at the time for him to shed his precious company boy, good guy, face of the league persona for a second, and react with pure instinct to do something that could have really upset people, and still might.

I dont get LeBron hate from a personal standpoint. But i gotta admit, you are one of the funniest and more admirable LeBron haters, salute man :lol:

Thanks bro. Its cause even though I hate, I still stay fair and balanced, like Fox News. 8-)
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 655

Post#93 » by PedroFlu » Wed May 1, 2024 11:11 pm

xchange55 wrote:
PedroFlu wrote:They were very ostensibly and directly provoking him. I'm sure Lebron actually wanted to hit them and he lost his temper for a second. Cant blame him... well done

You sound like a winner! :crazy:

You sound like someone great at reading!
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#94 » by xchange55 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:11 pm

JJ_PR wrote:I don't think he tried to intimidate her at all. It was probably meant to be funny, if anything.

Funny? Is he 4 or 40? I guess he probably already quit the game.
Prince187
Sixth Man

Post#95 » by Prince187 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:18 pm

CzBoobie wrote:
Prince187 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:If you cant laugh at this there is something wrong with you.

Sorry I’m not an incel/woman hater so I don’t find the idea of physical violence towards women to be funny

Oh yeah, the notorious wife beater LeBron James brutally attacking yet another innocent victim...dude, the idea of physical violance is only in your head.

Too bad the real world isn’t like matrix and you can’t just freeze frame and thoughtfully analyze the moment. She got scared because she instinctively thought he was going to hit her, hence her reaction. LeBron saw her get scared and laughed because that’s how he wanted her to feel.
Prince187
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by Prince187 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:21 pm

Tony15 wrote:
Prince187 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:If you cant laugh at this there is something wrong with you.

Sorry I’m not an incel/woman hater so I don’t find the idea of physical violence towards women to be funny
One's got nothing to do with the other....not that serious, & she doesn't know you my guy....no need to white knight.

And leave it to a ***stain like Clay Travis to blow up something like this. Threaten? Spare me haha.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Pro tip: don’t ever respond to accusations of being a woman hater by calling the person a “white knight”. As if the idea of coming to the defense of a woman you’re not romantically involved with makes you some kind of sucker. Only incels think that way
PedroFlu
Pro Prospect
And1: 655

Post#97 » by PedroFlu » Wed May 1, 2024 11:22 pm

Btw, this womans (behaviour) was disgusting. She deserved every bit of that scare.
reddyplayerone
Junior
And1: 356

Post#98 » by reddyplayerone » Wed May 1, 2024 11:22 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Just disagree then. I think the crying face thing pretty innocuous and at worst lame. Calling what LeBron did a "lunge" is excessive. He was far away from her and he moved like 5 inches. It wasn't a lunge or an attempt to intimidate.

And yes, considering how harmless the whole thing was, the gender of the fan makes no difference. If we're talking about a player getting into a fan's face, or about anything physical, then yes, different story.

Yeah that's why I called it a "weird lunging thing," because it wasn't some overt threat or anything like that, and like I think we all know LeBron's the last guy to so much as overtly threaten someone, which of course is one of the big reasons why this interaction is so strange!

BUT we're playing dumb if we're pretending the "made you flinch" thing isn't all about invoking a largely involuntary fight or flight response to possible harm, and like of course she flinched! A man twice her size just did a weird lunging thing at her!

So yes, I am indeed disagreeing here lmao.
Prince187
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by Prince187 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:22 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Prince187 wrote:

Please do me a favor and define "physical violence".

Do yourself a favor and look up the word threat
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,251

Post#100 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 1, 2024 11:25 pm

He **** scared her like u would a friend or child he didn't threaten her lmao smh

Get a **** grip

Return to The General Board