Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who Dominated Who More?

Bird owned MJ
40%
Jokic owned LeBron
60%

Total votes: 91

jerok
Junior
And1: 595

Re: Who dominated who more? Bird vs MJ, or Jokic vs LeBron? 

Post#21 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 5:23 am

ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

Nobody who has MJ as the GOAT obsesses about his 80's losses. He didn't get Scottie until 88 and he was a rookie averaging 8 ppg. He didn't have any great teammates before that, Charles Oakley? Pfff. So I'm on to you just drop the act. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years I don't even care AT ALL, but I only bring that up because it's the same thing you're doing. You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

Watch out OP. We've got a modern day Sherlock Holmes on our hands. He's on to you!

LOL.
Sherlock Holmes actually uses facts to solve crimes.
This one is allergic to facts and only goes by myths and legends.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,664

Post#22 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:24 am

jerok wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I've had debates with you before and you are lying right now, MJ is not your GOAT. You know that, and I know that so just drop the act.

Nobody who has MJ as the GOAT obsesses about his 80's losses. He didn't get Scottie until 88 and he was a rookie averaging 8 ppg. He didn't have any great teammates before that, Charles Oakley? Pfff. So I'm on to you just drop the act. Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years I don't even care AT ALL, but I only bring that up because it's the same thing you're doing. You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

Watch out OP. We've got a modern day Sherlock Holmes on our hands. He's on to you!

LOL.
Sherlock Holmes actually uses facts to solve crimes.
This one is allergic to facts and only goes by myths and legends.

I'm not sure which one of you is the faker Jordan fan you or ScrantonBulls.

Just admit you both hate his guts. It's okay we already know.

I mean it's total logical to say you love Jordan but blame him for not winning a championship with a bunch of drug addicts.

Jordan won 6 rings in 13 years (1 year he was injured played 19 games another year he only played 21 games) Lebron won 4 in 21 years, yet I've heard no criticism for Lebron not winning the championship 17 times only Jordan.
FarBeyondDriven
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#23 » by FarBeyondDriven » Wed May 1, 2024 5:26 am

the "God disguised as Michael Jordan" thing was just Bird being magnanimous after sweeping and trouncing MJ. He wanted to recognize MJ for his brilliance and Bird tends to be hyperbolic when talking about others. It means nothing. It doesn't mean MJ was better than Bird at that time because he wasn't. It doesn't mean Bird thought he MJ was the best ever. Just relax. MJ would eventually learn to use his teammates better once he had better teammates to utilize and his BBIQ caught up to his athleticism and he became the GOAT but he wasn't when Bird said that.

As far as this poll, it's clearly Bird but of course realgm has it backwards and votes Jokic. Bird twice swept MJ. Jokic lost a series and lost a game in two others. There's no contest.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Post#24 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed May 1, 2024 5:26 am

At no point was Bird "Jordan's dad"... Even when the stacked Celtics were eliminating an undermanned Bulls team, Jordan was the best player on the court.

This is a strange thread. I think the purpose of this thread was to try to lower Jordan's greatness and wash away Lebron's recent failures.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
jerok
Junior

Post#25 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 5:27 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
jerok wrote:

MJ is my GOAT.
I just love going at delusional people like you. Who thinks MJ is a mythical creature and never had any flaws.

So Orlando Woolridge, averaging 20 a game is forgotten? Thats a fact.
LeBron didn't make playoffs the first couple years, True,
But LeBron's team had better records and missed the playoffs than MJs team who made the playoffs, these are facts.

ChipotleWest wrote:You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

That's true and Jordan always had the best teams, he never got anywhere as an underdog. But he won spectacularly as the favorite.
LeBron brought scrubs to the finals and won as an underdog. He never always had the best team, and failed when he was the favorite.

So I've listed some Facts here about MJ, but I know you'll brush them off and pretend they didn't happen and say "He was god disguised at MJ" LOLs.
Classic delusion.
Like I said when faced with facts about MJ flaws or failures, you brush them off and go back to your mythological stories.

Yeah because most people spend 100% of the time criticizing who they think is the GOAT and flexing on someone else who they don't think is the GOAT. You still haven't said a good thing about Jordan except he's your GOAT which makes no sense.

I don't need to say anything good about MJ. He's mother effin MJ! Name speaks for itself.

I'm not criticizing MJ, he has flaws and he failed, I can admit that and its ok.
I'm just going at your delusion haha, you know you think he's a mythological creature, admit it.

Oh and I like what you did there, dodge all them facts, what MJ delusional fans always do.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:29 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:At no point was Bird "Jordan's dad"... Even when the stacked Celtics were eliminating an undermanned Bulls team, Jordan was the best player on the court.

This is a strange thread. I think the purpose of this thread was to try to lower Jordan's greatness and wash away Lebron's recent failures.

Of course it is, posters like OP, ScrantonBulls and one last shot are the biggest Lebron slurpers on the entire board.

Jordan really won 6 championships in 13 seasons (1 was injury and played 19 games, 1 return from retirement only 20 games those two don't count) while Lebron has won 4 in 21 full seasons yet you will not hear a peep about all of Lebron's failures from them only how Jordan should have won EVEN MORE RINGS with a bunch of drug addicts. :lol:

They act like Lebron's Mickey Mouse ring and lockout shortened season ring are godsent.
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,931

Post#27 » by One Last Shot » Wed May 1, 2024 5:33 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
One Last Shot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Not at all just total revisionist history, Jordan was playing 1 on 5 against Bird's stacked Celtics team. Jordan won the scoring title and DPOY in 87-88 he was already the guy he just had no teammates.

Lebron missed the playoffs his first two years since we're going to blame someone for being young and not having any teammates, it's the same type of thing. It's like saying he should have beaten a super team then and won the championship it's just ridiculous.

Bird called him God disguised as Michael Jordan.

This is a troll thread made by a Lebron slurper.

1 on 5? MJ played with 13th leading scorer in the NBA Woolridge and 51st leading scorer Quinley in his rookie year. In his 2nd season, Woolridge is the 19th leading scorer in the NBA. If we compare it this season, Anthony Edwards is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Anthony Davis is the 19th leading scorer and Scottie Barnes is the 51st leading scorer. Last season, Jaylen Brown is the 13th leading scorer in the NBA, Julius Randle is the 19th leading scorer and Bam Adebayo is the 51st leading scorer. Are you saying Anthony Edwards, Anthony Davis, Scottie Barnes, Jaylen Brown, Julius and Bam Adebayo didn't help their team with your playing 1 on 5 comment?

It's almost as if scoring is not the sole indicator of a good team in the NBA, it's crazy. The Suns had 3 great scorers and just got swept in today's NBA. And you looked up all these scorers because you had to include the "51st best" nobody thinks Bam Adebayo is a great scorer gtfo. You're worse than OP in trashing Jordan.

You Jordan haters OBSESS with the 80's, but he still has more championships than Lebron but then suddenly the 90's is a weak era. You guys just never want to give him a lick of credit. :lol:

I bet you guys weren't even around to see him play, just started with Lebron so he's your favorite. It's really pathetic. Lebron is up there as one of the best all time for me even though I'm not much of a fan. Can you even say that about Jordan? Where do you rank him? 300?

You're the one who keep using ppg as sole indicator like Porzingis on Mavericks or when you called 2014 Spurs an average championship team because nobody scored 16+ ppg in ther squad. I don't hate Jordan, I'm a fan of him. I'm also a fan of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Isiah, Shaq, Penny, Duncan, Garnett, Webber, Kobe, McGrady, Iverson, Webber, Dirk, Manu, LeBron, Carmelo, Wade, Harden, Kawhi, Steph, Kyrie, Jokic, Luka, Embiid, Wemby and many other stars in the NBA. Just tonight, I become a fan of Tyrese Maxey and Anthony Edwards two nights ago. I will call out anyone when I think they are wrong and being unreasonable just to defend their favorite stars. I think you're wrong when you said Jordan is playing 1 on 5 when he got the 13th leading scorer and 51st leading scorer in his Bulls squad and provide information on who's the 13th and 51st leading scorer this season and last year to show those players help their team, most of them made the All-NBA squad. I'm not actually saying that Woolridge was on the same level of the players I mentioned obviously they are better than Orlando Woolridge but it feels wrong to say that MJ didn't got any help when he does and he scored the 13th most points in the entire NBA.
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,327

Post#28 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 5:34 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:At no point was Bird "Jordan's dad"... Even when the stacked Celtics were eliminating a undermanned Bulls team, Jordan was the best player on the court.

Someone didn’t watch the video.

Bird was the best player on the planet while Jordan was in the league. And when Jordan got to MVP/DPOY/Scoring Champ/etc status…Bird still beat him most of the time. Jordan’s dominance begins where Bird’s ends. Jordan didn’t take it from him, he lost it due to age and injury.
jerok
Junior

Post#29 » by jerok » Wed May 1, 2024 5:37 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:At no point was Bird "Jordan's dad"... Even when the stacked Celtics were eliminating an undermanned Bulls team, Jordan was the best player on the court.

Of course it is, posters like OP, ScrantonBulls and one and done are the biggest Lebron slurpers on the entire board.

Jordan really won 6 championships in 13 seasons (1 was injury and played 19 games, 1 return from retirement only 20 games those two don't count) while Lebron has won 4 in 21 full seasons yet you will not hear a peep about all of Lebron's failures from them only how Jordan should have won EVEN MORE RINGS with a bunch of drug addicts. :lol:

Jordan won 6. Facts.
LeBron won 4 Facts. And Lost 6. Facts. There is no hiding it.

The delusion is, if MJ loses, there is always an excuse. He always gets a pass from you.
LeBron loses and he gets crucified.

I bet LeBron would take them drug addicts to the finals though. He's proven he can do more with less.
MJ couldn't do anything unless he had the best squad. These are facts. Prove it otherwise. But you can't and shy away from it.

Like I said, you guys get in your feelings when a facts about MJ emerges.
He lost to Larry 13 straight times, LeBron lost to Jokic 11 Straight.

Simple question, who dominated who more, during that part of their careers.
But you are so butthurt to learn this fact that you go think it's diminishing MJs greatness.
MJs greatness is cemented, but that doesn't erase the fact that he lost 13 straight to Bird.

Truth Hurts sometimes man.
KG Leonard
Senior
And1: 414

Post#30 » by KG Leonard » Wed May 1, 2024 5:41 am

I cant take a thread seriously when someone just said "Jordan always had the best teams". The coke addicts, Oakley, rookie Pippen should have won multiple series vs the 10 or so great Hall of Famers in Celtics, Pistons who combined for 5 titles in the 80s??

Jesus, I might as well blame a 40 year old Lebron being great in game 4,5 Vs Denver. How dare he not be in his prime, having mentally weak second stars like AD. That is as logical as expecting a 23 year old MJ with a Bulls team that had a losing RS record to win games vs a legendary Celtics team .

Skickat från min Pixel 7 Pro via Tapatalk
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#31 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 5:47 am

KG Leonard wrote:I cant take a thread seriously when someone just said "Jordan always had the best teams". The coke addicts, Oakley, rookie Pippen should have won multiple series vs the 10 or so great Hall of Famers in Celtics, Pistons who combined for 5 titles in the 80s??

Jesus, I might as well blame a 40 year old Lebron being great in game 4,5 Vs Denver. How dare he not be in his prime, having mentally weak second stars like AD. That is as logical as expecting a 23 year old MJ with a Bulls team that had a losing RS record to win games vs a legendary Celtics team .

Yeah I've wasted my time with these trolls who argue the same things over and over. The OP constantly makes posts about hating on Jordan yet tries to turn around and say he thinks he's the GOAT? I'm out of here and putting them on ignore because they are not worth my time anymore, never were actually.

I think most who think Jordan is the GOAT myself included have Lebron top 5 or even 2, but these young Lebron lovers who probably never saw Jordan play you'd think he was a bust listening to them. I'm done with it though they're just children. Literally arguing with a kid who has winnie the pooh as an avatar, that's my fault.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,383

Post#32 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed May 1, 2024 5:56 am

SNPA wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:At no point was Bird "Jordan's dad"... Even when the stacked Celtics were eliminating a undermanned Bulls team, Jordan was the best player on the court.

Bird was the best player on the planet while Jordan was in the league. And when Jordan got to MVP/DPOY/Scoring Champ/etc status…Bird still beat him most of the time. Jordan’s dominance begins where Bird’s ends. Jordan didn’t take it from him, he lost it due to age and injury.

That has got to be a troll post.

In the 1987-88 season, Jordan was in his 4th season.

Larry Bird, in 87-88, was healthy and had his highest scoring season ever up to that point. This was before the injuries and clearly in his prime at 31 years old.

In this season,

Jordan led the league in scoring with 35 ppg.

Jordan led the league in steals at 3.1 steals per game

Jordan won the MVP + DPOY + Scoring title in the same season, becoming the only player in NBA history to win both the scoring title and Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Jordan becomes the only player in NBA history to combine these awards with the season's Most Valuable Player award.

Jordan becomes the only player in NBA history to accumulate over 200 steals with over 100 blocks in a season twice, and in a row.

Jordan won the All-star game MVP and the slam dunk contest too.

This is all after coming off another record breaking season in 1986-87... where Michael Jordan joined Wilt Chamberlain as only the second player in NBA history to score 3000 points in a season. With a 37.1 ppg, Jordan also began a seven-year reign as the NBA's scoring champion, tied with Chamberlain for the league record.

Larry was never Jordan's dad.

Why are you trolling?
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,409

Post#33 » by lessthanjake » Wed May 1, 2024 5:58 am

jerok wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Of course it is, posters like OP, ScrantonBulls and one and done are the biggest Lebron slurpers on the entire board.

Jordan won 6. Facts.
LeBron won 4 Facts. And Lost 6. Facts. There is no hiding it.

The delusion is, if MJ loses, there is always an excuse. He always gets a pass from you.
LeBron loses and he gets crucified.

I bet LeBron would take them drug addicts to the finals though. He's proven he can do more with less.
MJ couldn't do anything unless he had the best squad. These are facts. Prove it otherwise. But you can't and shy away from it.

Like I said, you guys get in your feelings when a facts about MJ emerges.
He lost to Larry 13 straight times, LeBron lost to Jokic 11 Straight.

Simple question, who dominated who more, during that part of their careers.
But you are so butthurt to learn this fact that you go think it's diminishing MJs greatness.
MJs greatness is cemented, but that doesn't erase the fact that he lost 13 straight to Bird.

Truth Hurts sometimes man.

You have repeatedly said in this thread that Jordan is your GOAT. Can you please thoroughly explain to me the exact reasons why Jordan is your GOAT, and in particular why Jordan is above LeBron in your view? What makes Jordan greater than LeBron in your view? And why do those things outweigh the advantages your posts seem to suggest you think LeBron has over Jordan? I think some posters would be interested in seeing you explain your exact thought process and reasoning on this.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#34 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 6:19 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
SNPA wrote:

Larry Bird, in 87-88, was healthy and had his highest scoring season ever up to that point. This was before the injuries and clearly in his prime at 31 years old.

In this season,

Jordan won the MVP + DPOY + Scoring title in the same season, becoming the only player in NBA history to win both the scoring title and Defensive Player of the Year honors.

Jordan becomes the only player in NBA history to combine these awards with the season's Most Valuable Player award.

Jordan becomes the only player in NBA history to accumulate over 200 steals with over 100 blocks in a season twice, and in a row.

This is all after coming off another record breaking season in 1986-87... where Michael Jordan joined Wilt Chamberlain as only the second player in NBA history to score 3000 points in a season. With a 37.1 ppg, Jordan also began a seven-year reign as the NBA's scoring champion, tied with Chamberlain for the league record.

Why are you trolling?

Video covers all that. They are six years apart. The post is just repeating in more detail what I wrote too. Except for the part where Bird still beat him most of the time.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 6:27 am

SNPA wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
SNPA wrote:Someone didn’t watch the video.

In this season,

Why are you trolling?

Video covers all that. They are six years apart. The post is just repeating in more detail what I wrote too. Except for the part where Bird still beat him most of the time.

Where would you rank Jordan all time?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 6:32 am

Jordan didn't win a ring until his 8th season, Lebron didn't win a ring until his 9th. Lebron made the one Finals in Cleveland early in his career where he got swept which was a good accomplishment but I don't get why Lebron lovers harp on Jordan not winning in the 80's so much. There is no way he was favored in any of those series. Does it somehow prove Lebron was better? I don't get how.

No Jordan wasn't perfect, but he had a pretty good resume I'd say. Lebron also has had a great career. Who cares who's greater is it really that important? It's just opinions.
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,931

Post#37 » by One Last Shot » Wed May 1, 2024 6:38 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
KG Leonard wrote:I cant take a thread seriously when someone just said "Jordan always had the best teams". The coke addicts, Oakley, rookie Pippen should have won multiple series vs the 10 or so great Hall of Famers in Celtics, Pistons who combined for 5 titles in the 80s??

Yeah I've wasted my time with these trolls who argue the same things over and over. The OP constantly makes posts about hating on Jordan yet tries to turn around and say he thinks he's the GOAT? I'm out of here and putting them on ignore because they are not worth my time anymore, never were actually.

I think most who think Jordan is the GOAT myself included have Lebron top 5 or even 2, but these young Lebron lovers who probably never saw Jordan play you'd think he was a bust listening to them. I'm done with it though they're just children. Literally arguing with a kid who has winnie the pooh as an avatar, that's my fault.

Actually you are one of the most ignorant posters in this board yet you act like some kind of basketball authority like "I'm not impressed with Jokic, talk to me when he won more rings" bs stuff. Why engage in an online sports forum debate when you have an emotional capacity of a toddler who keep lashing on posters who don't agree with you like someone stole your toy? Then you come up with some kind of phrase like "when playoffs appear, the injuries disappear" crap when this playoffs is arguably one of the most injury-ravage postseason. Wth is that?
SNPA
General Manager

Post#38 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 6:39 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
SNPA wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

In this season,

Why are you trolling?

Where would you rank Jordan all time?

1/2 with Russell.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 6:40 am

One Last Shot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Actually you are one of the most ignorant posters in this board yet you act like some kind of basketball authority like "I'm not impressed with Jokic, talk to me when he won more rings" bs stuff. Why engage in an online sports forum debate when you have an emotional capacity of a toddler who keep lashing on posters who don't agree with you like someone stole your toy? Then you come up with some kind of phrase like "when playoffs appear, the injuries disappear" crap when this playoffs is arguably one of the most injury-ravage postseason. Wth is that?

Cool story bruh. You've hurt my fewlings. :(

Where do you rank Jordan all time?
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,254

Post#40 » by Iwasawitness » Wed May 1, 2024 6:42 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
jerok wrote:

MJ is my GOAT.
I just love going at delusional people like you. Who thinks MJ is a mythical creature and never had any flaws.

So Orlando Woolridge, averaging 20 a game is forgotten? Thats a fact.
LeBron didn't make playoffs the first couple years, True,
But LeBron's team had better records and missed the playoffs than MJs team who made the playoffs, these are facts.

ChipotleWest wrote:You have to have a good team to win in the NBA no one does it by their self.

That's true and Jordan always had the best teams, he never got anywhere as an underdog. But he won spectacularly as the favorite.
LeBron brought scrubs to the finals and won as an underdog. He never always had the best team, and failed when he was the favorite.

So I've listed some Facts here about MJ, but I know you'll brush them off and pretend they didn't happen and say "He was god disguised at MJ" LOLs.
Classic delusion.
Like I said when faced with facts about MJ flaws or failures, you brush them off and go back to your mythological stories.

Yeah because most people spend 100% of the time criticizing who they think is the GOAT and flexing on someone else who they don't think is the GOAT. You still haven't said a good thing about Jordan except he's your GOAT which makes no sense.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how this has turned into you attacking his character because you can’t comprehend how a guy who thinks MJ is the GOAT thinks he had flaws. Being the GOAT doesn’t mean you were a perfect player.

Oh and btw, he does in fact think MJ is the GOAT. Trust me, I would know, I’ve debated with him about it.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!

Return to The General Board