Should Memphis draft Bronny at 7?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,276

Re: Should Memphis draft Bronny at 7? 

Post#41 » by Hoops23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:35 pm

My answer is NO
Brony’s last name is what giving him the attention
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 33,288

Post#42 » by G R E Y » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:51 pm

LMAO sure...

ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,697

Post#43 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:54 pm

shi-woo wrote:Why waste a pick when you can just sign him when he goes undrafted?

And who started this fake narrative anyway, that LeBron will sign with whatever team gets his son? LeBron isn't like that, if there can be something to be gained sure, but I don't see LBJ leaving 100mil on the table to go play for the CHA Bobcats or Detroit Pistons.

LeBron doesn't seem like the type of guy that will play for the Wizards like MJ, he's way to egotistical and self aware/conscience to even consider that.

I mean it would be a cute story, they would look great in a few Nike and Cap'n Crunch commercials together, but is wasting a pick really all that for a few father day tshirt sales?

Do you honestly think NBA players trying to compete would be down with 100% of the narrative/attention of their team which they are sweating for going to a mediocre at best 20 year old and 40 year old star?

Players respect LeBron, but if the last 3-4 years have shown us anything it's that LeBron aint like that no more with this new group

MJ was way too egotistical but he played for the Wizards because he was an owner
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,645

Post#44 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 12:12 am

I'm not drafting Bronny just in the hope that 40 year old Bron comes and plays for my team. But I'm not a GM.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,547

Post#45 » by MrGoat » Wed May 1, 2024 12:15 am

ChipotleWest wrote:I'm not drafting Bronny just in the hope that 40 year old Bron comes and plays for my team. But I'm not a GM.

Honestly a bottom feeder in a rough market should consider it, say Detroit or Charlotte. If LeBron is really serious about playing with his son it only has to be one season and Bronny might even be able to get real minutes there to help sell tickets no matter how bad they are
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 12:20 am

MrGoat wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I'm not drafting Bronny just in the hope that 40 year old Bron comes and plays for my team. But I'm not a GM.

Honestly a bottom feeder in a rough market should consider it, say Detroit or Charlotte. If LeBron is really serious about playing with his son it only has to be one season and Bronny might even be able to get real minutes there to help sell tickets no matter how bad they are

Probably the reason this is coming out now, he doesn't want to play for any of those type of teams.

LeBron James, Bronny playing together ‘no longer a priority,’ isn’t playing role in LeBron’s future

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2024/4/30/24145776/lebron-james-bronny-2024-nba-draft-lakers-teammate-rich-paul-father-son

In January of last year, he told ESPN that simply sharing the court with his son would be enough for him, walking back the part of being on the same team.

So in other words Charlotte drafts Bronny and Lakers face Charlotte, he's good.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,219

Post#47 » by kenwood3333 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:48 am

Bronny would force a trade to the Lakers so he can be protected by his daddy.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 12:50 am

kenwood3333 wrote:Bronny would force a trade to the Lakers so he can be protected by his daddy.

Doesn't this seem sort of like tampering how they were trying to tell teams not to draft Bronny because he won't play for them he'll only play for the Lakers? I'm sure like 90% of players drafted by Charlotte don't want to be there, if they all said "I refuse to play for Charlotte" they wouldn't have a franchise. Then again, that's exactly what Kobe did and low and behold, he was a Laker.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#49 » by LaLover11 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:10 am

Can't wait for Bronny to shut up all you haters

Guess this player his freshman year in college 20 mins per game.

Ast Reb Blk Pts
3.9 0.7 0.5 5.6
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Dacost
Sixth Man
And1: 1,298

Post#50 » by Dacost » Wed May 1, 2024 3:24 am

As a memphis fan I rather give my pick away for free then having a 40 year old DIVA on my team.

Lebron is done.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,040

Post#51 » by JazzUte88 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:42 am

TwitterFingers wrote:
JRoy wrote:No.

He is not a first round talent.

Arguable second round talent.

I mean he averaged 4pts 2 assists. Is he really a second round talent?

No.

He should be drafted by the South Bay Lakers.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,543

Post#52 » by PhilBlackson » Wed May 1, 2024 3:44 am

dafuq?! No! lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
SNPA
General Manager
And1: 7,325

Post#53 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 3:51 am

JJ_PR wrote:Can you imagine drafting Bronny with a top 10 pick, only for LeBron to have a change of heart, re-signing with Los Angeles?

You're stuck with a prospect who may not be ready for the NBA, you wasted a valuable draft pick in the process and a whole year worth of tanking.

This is the hidden genius. If a GM has the owners backing, for certain clubs, it’s a move that enables both of the best worlds. Either you get James and elevate dramatically or you don’t get James and have wasted a pick and suck a lot more next year during a great draft.

Why be in the middle? This could make sense for some teams, if they have ownership backing and the guts go up against Clutch.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#54 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 3:53 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

Probably the reason this is coming out now, he doesn't want to play for any of those type of teams.

LeBron James, Bronny playing together ‘no longer a priority,’ isn’t playing role in LeBron’s future

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2024/4/30/24145776/lebron-james-bronny-2024-nba-draft-lakers-teammate-rich-paul-father-son

In January of last year, he told ESPN that simply sharing the court with his son would be enough for him, walking back the part of being on the same team.

Lol. Nah. He faces Charlotte and Brony brings water to the real players and never sees the floor…LeBron is happy? Zero chance.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 3:54 am

SNPA wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

Lol. Nah. He faces Charlotte and Brony brings water to the real players and never sees the floor…LeBron is happy? Zero chance.

Bronny will be bringing water to the real players and never see the floor regardless of where he plays.
The Rainmaker
Pro Prospect
And1: 604

Post#56 » by The Rainmaker » Wed May 1, 2024 3:54 am

It's not going to happen, but it wouldn't be any different than the Grizzlies trading up to 10 to get Ziaire Williams who wasn't that much better in college than Bronny.
SNPA
General Manager

Post#57 » by SNPA » Wed May 1, 2024 3:57 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
SNPA wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Bronny will be bringing water to the real players and never see the floor regardless of where he plays.

Except the Lakers. Which is my point. Other teams have leverage.

Who here thinks LeBron stuck around and made all these moves to be happy with Brony getting drafted by another team, riding the bench and never playing against or with dad, to only get cut once it’s clear LeBron isn’t coming to join?

Answer - no one in their right mind.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#58 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 4:11 am

Shock Defeat wrote:Because every team that can draft Bronny will get LeBron James as a signee. It's essentially like trading a 1st round pick for LeBron. We know Bronny isn't close to NBA calibre, LeBron has proven that he is still a star in this league based on how he played vs DEN.

If I were Memphis, sitting at 7, I would seriously consider drafting Bronny which would all but guarantee LeBron signing there. That team is ready to contend

Ja
Smart
Bane
LeBron
JJJ

If Memphis passes on Bronny at 7, I would also advocate my Rockets to pick him at #9. Adding LeBron would elevate the Rockets.
Bonny not going to the murder capital in the nation. Labron will tell him to do the Elway/Eli maneuver to join the Lakers.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#59 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed May 1, 2024 4:27 am

TwitterFingers wrote:

I mean he averaged 4pts 2 assists. Is he really a second round talent?
Check how many points Zach Lavine averaged.

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,878

Post#60 » by Rainwater » Wed May 1, 2024 4:30 am

He is not even second round talent.

Return to The General Board