Should Memphis draft Bronny at 7?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,889

Re: Should Memphis draft Bronny at 7? 

Post#21 » by JJ_PR » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
JJ_PR wrote:Can you imagine drafting Bronny with a top 10 pick, only for LeBron to have a change of heart, re-signing with Los Angeles?

You're stuck with a prospect who may not be ready for the NBA.

More like your stuck with a prospect who may not be NBA material.

Its 100% clear Bronny isnt ready for the NBA, but its also very likely he simply isnt a NBA talent to begin with.

I think Bronny is an NBA talent, the whole cardiac arrest thing slowed down his development.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#22 » by bstein14 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 pm

Pistons should draft him (in the 2nd round) and then offer LeBron a decent amoubt of FA $ to come to Detroit as well as an under the table agreement between Gores and LeBron to sell him 51% of the team after he retires.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 11,304

Post#23 » by KembaWalker » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:17 pm

if you want your franchise to never have a chance at a klutch free agent ever again, you try to mess with whatever LeBron is trying to do to manipulate the league
thats why he made it
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,194

Post#24 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 pm

a low life team should take bronny hostage in the draft and milk the lakers out of spite

but if i was a great euro team with a great history i would approach bron/klutch with a juicy package. something that rich paul would die for

i think the road to lebron + europe goes through klutch
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,185

Post#25 » by Zeno » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:23 pm

Effigy wrote:
Zeno wrote:First, I don’t believe Lebron will go anywhere just to play with Bronny and on top of that throwing away 50 million plus to do it.

Also, and perhaps I am giving everyone too much credit but why would Lebron as a father want to turn his son into Thannis James and why would Bronny who I am sure wants to be the best possible basketball player in his own right want to this to himself.

Yep, I agree with this. LeBron ain’t going anywhere to play with Bronny. He’ll use the possibility to get teams to overdraft him (Which technically the last pick of the 2nd round would be over drafting him) and then be all ‘nah, I’m good, thanks for signing Bronny!’ And/Or force the Lakers to draft him.

Lakers got the 55th pick and I guess that is a reasonable place to take a flyer on him. I don't think it is fair to say that he has zero chance of being a legit rotation worthy player eventually. I've seen draft guys not affiliated with ESPN say he has an outside shot at being an nba player down the road. Still don't understand why either Lebron or his son would want this. I get Thannis because he is Giannis' older brother and he himself probably knows he's got no business being in the NBA, so why not. But a young guy already living in his Dad's shadow being put into this situation would be very sad to me.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,841

Post#26 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:27 pm

1. Draft Bronny at #7 (better yet trade up to make sure)
2. Sign Lebron
3. Create outdoor home court out of assfault
4. Sell millions of season tickets, bring your pets
5. PROFIT
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 5,066

Post#27 » by Wingy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:30 pm

What about the Spurs with a 2nd rounder though? Joking, but the league and media would lose its mind with a Lebron/Wemby pairing.

Picks and Vassell for another all star. Poof! The latest McSuperBronTeamUpYay!!
zero rings
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,536

Post#28 » by zero rings » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 pm

Imagine drafting a total scrub in the lottery to lure a 40 year old player to your team.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,639

Post#29 » by jpengland » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 pm

JRoy wrote:No.

He is not a first round talent.

Arguable second round talent.

He's not even arguably a second round talent. He wouldn't be anywhere near being drafted.

He averaged 4ppg on 36% shooting and 25% from college 3.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 911

Post#30 » by Roy T » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:03 pm

TwitterFingers wrote:

I mean he averaged 4pts 2 assists. Is he really a second round talent?

His best player comparison might be LaVar Ball.
oversteerdawg
Senior
And1: 818

Post#31 » by oversteerdawg » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 pm

Long answer, No.

Short answer, N.
Hon-essim wrote:LOL @John Starks, Charles Oakley, Harper and Davis = average team but Smush, Kwame and Luke = not.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,547

Post#32 » by MrGoat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:08 pm

No. Detroit should draft him #1 and really see if LeBron meant it about wanting to play with Bronny
xchange55
Senior
And1: 526

Post#33 » by xchange55 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:12 pm

What is the argument supporting he is a second round talent?

He shot around 37% in college and averaged 5 points. He played on a bad team and still couldn't crack the starting line up. Sure he's just a freshman. But those are anything but the qualities you'd draft a player on.

His high school team was dominate initially because they had NBA prospects on the roster. After those guys left, and Bronny became one of the main players, their team got demoted to a lower tier. In college, USC was decent last year but the top guys left. Now they have a losing record and no tournament.

Due to his dad, he will be well into the 1% of family weath. But his basketball skill, he's more in the 99% like most of us armchair board members.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 6,699

Post#34 » by JustBuzzin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:14 pm

Ja around Bronny?

Nah LeBron would never let that happen. Ja will have that boi in da hood listening to NBA Youngboy and waiting for opps to slide thru.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,058

Post#35 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:19 pm

JJ_PR wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
JJ_PR wrote:Can you imagine drafting Bronny with a top 10 pick, only for LeBron to have a change of heart, re-signing with Los Angeles?

You're stuck with a prospect who may not be ready for the NBA.

More like your stuck with a prospect who may not be NBA material.

Its 100% clear Bronny isnt ready for the NBA, but its also very likely he simply isnt a NBA talent to begin with.

I think Bronny is an NBA talent, the whole cardiac arrest thing slowed down his development.

Even before that, Bronny never showed NBA talent. He got bumped up recruiting rankings mainly for clicks, same reason he was selected for the McDonalds all star game. That was just based off of getting people to tune in and watch.

Bronny in high school wasnt a high impact player. He was an off ball combo guard who did "the little things". Players like that dont get huge late bumps in high school rankings and go to all the all star games. He came into college and played that exact same role, but did it just on lower usage and time. Which shouldve been expected.

Seth Trimble is basically my go to comp for this. Because Seth Trimble is the better version of Bronny, yet no one talks about him being an NBA talent, because as of right now he's not.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,606

Post#36 » by JRoy » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:19 pm

xchange55 wrote:

He shot around 37% in college and averaged 5 points. He played on a bad team and still couldn't crack the starting line up. Sure he's just a freshman. But those are anything but the qualities you'd draft a player on.

His high school team was dominate initially because they had NBA prospects on the roster. After those guys left, and Bronny became one of the main players, their team got demoted to a lower tier. In college, USC was decent last year but the top guys left. Now they have a losing record and no tournament.

Due to his dad, he will be well into the 1% of family weath. But his basketball skill, he's more in the 99% like most of us armchair board members.

I guess he might be valued as a SRP because of the chance to sign his dad.

He’s pretty trash on his own merits.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,641

Post#37 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 pm

Lebron is not going to live in Memphis just to play with his son in my opinion.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,906

Post#38 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:26 pm

Should you give all you money to a homeless man....? what is this
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,863

Post#39 » by Slacktard » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:26 pm

JRoy wrote:
xchange55 wrote:

I guess he might be valued as a SRP because of the chance to sign his dad.

He’s pretty trash on his own merits.

I really wonder what level his mental attitude is at... Cuz high school, college is one thing. Imagine being around GROWN-ASS MEN who have played years in the NBA, some who are on max contracts, possibly made all-star teams and then Bronny James is on the roster simply because his Daddy agrees to play on that team.

I can't really see him not getting a ton of **** from nba professional teammates as a nepo baby.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 948

Post#40 » by dk1115 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:31 pm

I think you mean 37 right?

Return to The General Board