If Lakers trade for Lillard next season

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: If Lakers trade for Lillard next season 

Post#21 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:05 pm

FreeBird23 wrote:Adding an aged loser will not help
Now we have the Dame hater(s), better late than never to join the Dame trade thread. Seems like my offer is still the best to help both teams since no one else has suggested any.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#22 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm

CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

LeBron Quote: "Give me Damian Lillard, I'll show you how appreciated he'll be"

At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.

Reaves, Rui, Vando, Gabe & 17th pick this upcoming
2024 Draft
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Goose egg
Junior
And1: 752

Post#23 » by Goose egg » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm

Dame + 40 year old Lebron on the court playing defense together will be a sight to behold
WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#24 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:09 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:How good would a Lakers team that trades for Lillard perform next season?

He could become their Jamal Murray and help score in the playoffs & clutch situations

They obviously become better than this season and can keep Lillard & AD together when LeBron retires

At least lay out a realistic scenario that includes which players (and therefore salaries) are traded.

2024 Draft
Agreed! A fair trade that benefits both teams.
Fitz303
General Manager
And1: 1,824

Post#25 » by Fitz303 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:25 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

2024 Draft
Well done which I agree! Sorry about the lopsided bit my friend.

Just 6 months ago the Bucks traded Jrue Holiday, Grayson Allen, 1st rd pick, and 2 pick swaps. Fast forward and they're going to trade him for THIS? For Austin Reaves? Lol... Stop
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 1,202

Post#26 » by firedavidkahn » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:30 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Filler(s) as in Vandy, Rui, Gabe for salary purposes along with their future 1st for Dame and a player the Bucks don't need like Marjon.

The Bucks would jump on that, trust me.

Basically garbage and a pick that will convey when Giannis retires. Bucks would probably have 29 offers better than this around the league.

You don't understand value cause you are a Damey (like a Swiftie) which explains the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....

He doesn't have to offer a "better" offer because there is zero reason for Milwaukee to even entertain an offer for Dame.

You (Lakers) would have to blow them out of the water to make them want to do something they have no interest in doing
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,850

Post#27 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
tcheco wrote:Why would Bucks even pick up the phone if the offer will be reaves + filler?

To start building the next core around Giannis (assuming he plans on staying).

what core. a bunch of mids
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,830

Post#28 » by tsherkin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 pm

Can't imagine Milwaukee doing this. And it doesn't solve their "we need a bench" issue, though obviously for a season or two, Lillard's O would be big punch.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#29 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm

Image 2024 #17 pick

Why would the bucks do this though :lol:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Astaluego
Junior
And1: 130

Post#30 » by Astaluego » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 pm

DMurray/J.Grant to Bucks

Lillard to Lakers

A.Reaves/Vandervilt/Lakers FRP to Hawks

Vincent/Hachimura/Lakers FRP to Blazers
Old Mike Lorenzo
louc1970
Senior
And1: 184

Post#31 » by louc1970 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:50 pm

LaLover11 wrote:How good?
Image 2024 #17 pick

That team would fail miserably. You have Lillard, James, Davis and 7 dudes named Bob.

Teams would pick those guys apart.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Bucks starting 5

Gabe, Reaves, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez

Bench Unit

Beverly, Beasley, Connaughton/Gallo, Rui/Vando, Portis

This roster would run great with Giannis handling the ball
He doesn't need Star players taking possession away from him since he's the Point Forward.

Bucks get depth and off ball players that can hit the 3
And Vando can play defense on Star Guards

12 Man Playoff rotation in case of injuries

Lakers Starting 5

Lillard, Prince, LeBron, AD, Hayes

Bench Unit

DLo, Max, Dinwiddie, Reddish, Woods
Milenkovic
Senior
And1: 668

Post#33 » by Milenkovic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 pm

The previous era is nearing its end, Lillard is from that era. Why would you build a team upon that?
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,230

Post#34 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 pm

TroyD92 wrote:

Image 2024 #17 pick

Why would the bucks do this though :lol:

That might have been too much for Dame….I wonder why they don’t just ask for Giannis or Jokic or Luka or SGA instead

If you add Dlo onto the mix, you could probably get Tatum and Brown, KD and Booker, Ant and KAT…possibilities are endless
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#35 » by TravisScott55 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm

Horrible trade for Milwaukee
LaLover11
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:19 pm

Astaluego wrote:DMurray/J.Grant to Bucks

Lillard to Lakers

That's a great option just don't know how Hawks feel about letting go of Murray & Blazers giving up Grant

Either way Bucks get more depth and players that coexist with Giannis vs just keeping Lillard with no depth

That's why I think it's fair giving Bucks 4 Starter quality Laker players that can switch roles vs certain matchups
sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,069

Post#37 » by sp6r=underrated » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:40 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
Astaluego wrote:DMurray/J.Grant to Bucks

Lillard to Lakers

That's a great option just don't know how Hawks feel about letting go of Murray & Blazers giving up Grant

Either way Bucks get more depth and players that coexist with Giannis vs just keeping Lillard with no depth

That's why I think it's fair giving Bucks 4 Starter quality Laker players that can switch roles vs certain matchups

Lebron and Davis are still very strong players. Why was LA an also-ran if these 4 guys are starter quality?
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#38 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:50 pm

LaLover11 wrote:Bucks starting 5

Gabe, Reaves, Middleton, Giannis, Lopez

Bench Unit

Beverly, Beasley, Connaughton/Gallo, Rui/Vando, Portis

This roster would run great with Giannis handling the ball
He doesn't need Star players taking possession away from him since he's the Point Forward.

Bucks get depth and off ball players that can hit the 3
And Vando can play defense on Star Guards

12 Man Playoff rotation in case of injuries

Lakers Starting 5

Lillard, Prince, LeBron, AD, Hayes

Bench Unit

DLo, Max, Dinwiddie, Reddish, Woods

That bucks roster is ****
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

WentzerWuver
Rookie

Post#39 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:55 pm

tcheco wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
tcheco wrote:
Basically garbage and a pick that will convey when Giannis retires. Bucks would probably have 29 offers better than this around the league.

You don't understand value cause you are a Dame fan which explain the obvious exaggeration.

If not, then suggest a better offer that's is fair to you since there are 29 better offers in your mind Lol. We are waiting.....

What, I'm not a Lillard fan. I think he was a bitch for signing an extension and asking for a trade.

I just don't think Vando, Rui and Reaves equals Lillard.

Pelicans could offer CJ + Murphy and would be a much better offer for Lillard.

Rockets sending FVV + Eason + filler would be better as well easily

Vando and Rui are fine as rotation players and Reaves will be a sixth man of the year maybe one day, but that doesn't land you Lillard, even with his struggles, even with his contract.

If next year starts and Lillard is terrible, maybe at the dead line if bucks are desperate, but hard to see many other teams not beating that offer
Okay I was wrong by assuming you were a Dame fan and at least follow the Bucks somewhat. Based on these trades you suggested shows that you are basically clueless on what their current struggles are this season and how to fix the obvious problem.

CJ and Murphy are both solid scorers especially from the perimeter, but will NOT rectify their problem. And the Rockets definitely has no interest in Dame, just like they had no interest in Harden because they not only pursued FVV but vastly overpay to get him to join based on fit. And Dame has no interest in playing for a young rebuilding team or he would have stayed in Portland. However, I do like the trade better over the Pels cause FVV is a much better 2 way guard given at his age due to the Bucks' immediate needs.

Based on these 3 offers, Bucks would still benefit the most with the Lakers offer as they get the best wing defender who can guard all 5 positions. And Rui is another big forward who can stretch the offense at the wing to provide Giannis with more space in the paint. Finally, AR has deficiencies due to his physical attributes, but he gets players involved offensively and is not afraid to take the BIG shots in clutch time while playing even better defense than Dame in effort and effectiveness. Along with a future first and matching salaries, this offer would help both teams better since the Lakers is all about star power.

https://youtu.be/b5JatAiRIe4?si=-WiVIh4eXHcuJKUY

https://youtu.be/UyFbhwuRsB4?si=KcJVstDoPdj6bXx1

Most importantly, Dame is NOT happy in Milwaukee which has played a big part in the Bucks struggles as he is no longer invested in putting the effort on both ends besides the obvious. And his grade 1 achilles injury that knocked him out of the playoffs doesn't help either but that's besides the point. Why should the Bucks wait another season to determine if Dame is terrible or not, as you suggested before trading him when anyone who even casually follows Dame or the Bucks this season knows what the problem already is. Lots of information on the internet if you don't believe it.

Bucks will most likely move the disgruntled Dame this off-season whether you liked it or not, so this thread does have merit.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-milwaukee-bucks-not-happy-with-damian-lillard/ar-AA1njRhS
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 4,083

Post#40 » by chilluminati » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:56 pm

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Reflect on that before you start typing again.

Return to The General Board