Joel Embiid is a dirty player

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,087

Re: Joel Embiid is a dirty player 

Post#61 » by pontius » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm

Embiid has always been a dirty player. When he's not injured or throwing his teammates under the bus, he's elbowing opposing players in the liver.
lessthanjake
Sixth Man
And1: 1,276

Post#62 » by lessthanjake » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 pm

Embiid is the only player I’ve ever seen in the NBA where I just feel strongly that he is a genuinely significant danger to the health of the other players on the court with him. Some of it is clearly intentionally trying to hurt people—such as last night, when he repeatedly tried to intentionally injure opponents out of anger and frustration. And some of it is more just reckless rather than intentional—such as all his absolutely absurd and unnecessary falling on the ground all the time, which, especially at his size, is a massive risk to anyone on the court with him and has in fact already torn someone’s ACL (and also resulted in stomping on someone’s head, amongst other things). The fact that he doesn’t take responsibility for these things at all (and instead just makes self-pitying excuses) exhibits selfishness, immaturity, and a complete lack of regard for other players. I really think he is such a huge danger to those around him that he should not be allowed to play in the NBA. It’s actually not fair to the other players in the league to be forced to play with a guy who is just out there intentionally or recklessly putting them in significant danger of serious health issues. At the very least, the NBA should privately communicate to him that he is on the tightest of leashes and that referees will be instructed to eject him (and the league will then subsequently suspend him) at even the slightest hint of intentional behavior, and that he will receive a technical foul anytime it seems even arguable that he unnecessarily fell to the floor when any other player is even remotely nearby him. Maybe then he would be incentivized to play in a less wildly sociopathic manner. Or perhaps he’d just get thrown out 5 minutes into every game. Either way, he wouldn’t be out there selfishly substantially risking the health of the other players around him. I know the league won’t actually do any of that, but it really should.
OhayoKD wrote:Lebron contributes more to all the phases of play than Messi does. And he is of course a defensive anchor unlike messi.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,068

Post#63 » by Archx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 pm

famicommander wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
GrandTheftRondo wrote:Try argue otherwise.

23 flagrants in 483 games.

The much criticised and hated Draymond Green? 21 in 970 games.

In the playoffs it holds true compared to Draymond as well.

It’s about time Embiid got his due as one of the dirtiest players in the NBA.

Now do Jokic

Jokic has 5 combined flagrants in 687 career regular season and postseason games.

Why would you ask for that comparison? Did you think it would help?

Because there is no Embiid thread without any Jokic comparison. And at this point it's getting really old.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#64 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

Now do Jokic

5 flagrants in 746 career games (regular season + playoffs).
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,150

Post#65 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
famicommander wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Now do Jokic

Jokic has 5 combined flagrants in 687 career regular season and postseason games.

Nearly permanently injured a player. Has had multiple ejections during the post season because of the his temper.

Without bringing any other player into this conversation, can you give us a an honest opinion on why you think Embiid has so many flagrant fouls?
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Yinwest
Rookie
And1: 1,493

Post#66 » by Yinwest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 pm

To be a villain, you kinda have keep beating up the good guys….Embiid hasn’t, and often times lose in a most ugly fashion, that is not a villain lol…
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,348

Post#67 » by canada_dry » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:Dude has been intentionally trying(and in some cases succeeding) to injure players on the other team for years.

At a certain point, someone needs to give it right back to him.

But they won't. He'll continue to do it and the NBA will allow it.
Siakam did. Ufc elbow to the face. Then everyone cried about it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,522

Post#68 » by Rendei » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 pm

Yinwest wrote:To be a villain, you kinda have keep beating up the good guys….Embiid hasn’t, and often times lose in a most ugly fashion, that is not a villain lol…

I disagree with your assessment of villains. I think that the majority terrorize the weak and innocent. Like say, the Detroit's and the Charlotte's of the world. And then they get curb stomped by the heroes and all is right in the world again. That's the typical villain story line that I'm familiar with, at least.
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,331

Post#69 » by Dubnation » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm

DaGawd wrote:Image

every time i watch it it gets worse

It reminds me of what Sabonis did to Draymond. Embid is fortunate that he didn't get his chest stepped on. He puts his self in danger.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,631

Post#70 » by HopelessKnick » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:Embiid is the bully who cries and runs to his mom when he finally gets hit. I know it’s a juvenile comparison to make but they guy has the maturity of a 14 year old so I think it fits.

What I don’t understand is why the media shills for this guy the way they do. He’s as universally hated outside Philly as a star can be. He’s a massive flopped and a dirty player. His game doesn’t scale to the playoffs. And for some reason they shower this guy with praise. I look forward to the day he retires.

The odd thing is the Knicks didn't even hit him at all.....if there were dirty plays against him one could have possibly understood some of his dirty actions.....the gripe from game 2 was that the refs didn't call the timeout and some other potential fouls.....he basically decided that because in his mind the refs screwed up he would go out and injure knick players...the guy is stupid as ****.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 439

Post#71 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Now do Jokic

Lol
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,449

Post#72 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
famicommander wrote:Jokic has 5 combined flagrants in 687 career regular season and postseason games.

Nearly permanently injured a player. Has had multiple ejections during the post season because of the his temper.

Without bringing any other player into this conversation, can you give us a an honest opinion on why you think Embiid has so many flagrant fouls?

Mainly he's a bull in a china shop, and is extremely physical. I'd say 90% are inadvertent, 8-9 percent clumsiness, and 1% intentional.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,348

Post#73 » by canada_dry » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:08 pm

The Buffoon from Cameroon

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#74 » by meekrab » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

What are players' records on getting fined for a statement made immediately after saying "I'm not trying to get fined"? Like 100%? :lol:
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,525

Post#75 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:15 pm

cgf wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Now do Jokic

Embiid gets a flagrant once in every 21 games
Jokic gets a flagrant once in every 149 games

Embiid gets flagrants at 7x the rate Jokic does...no idea why he asked "Now do Jokic" :lol:
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,525

Post#76 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Mainly he's a bull in a china shop, and is extremely physical. I'd say 90% are inadvertent, 8-9 percent clumsiness, and 1% intentional.

Wild how we see two different arguments depending on if it's praising / defending Embiid...

"Bull in a china shop" to excuse his dirty play
"Never seen footwork like this from a guy his size" when praising his offensive play

Is he a clumsy bull in a china shop, or is he an extremely skilled player with great footwork / not clumsy? Trying to keep track here.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#77 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm

meekrab wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=tVloFuZHnRcV_n-C8CiW9Q

What are players' records on getting fined for a statement made immediately after saying "I'm not trying to get fined"? Like 100%? :lol:

Hope the knicks pay his fine if he is. IQ's a real one and welcome back in NY anytime!
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,409

Post#78 » by robbie84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:22 pm

This guy is a complete dirtball.
Everything he does is against the spirit of the game.

https://youtu.be/xrU-i-DPlWI?si=ADY2KDRfg8pNH882

https://youtu.be/FeVps9hdrFM?si=dMExkJe-BAwuw8wR
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Context
RealGM
And1: 13,373

Post#79 » by Context » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Context