Embiid 50 point playoff game!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Re: Embiid 50 point playoff game! 

Post#281 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

The Knicks played dirty/tough at home. Embiid made the adjustment in game 3 to outmatch their style of play. The Knicks can not out duel him in this area. The biggest baddest man wins in this area, at least amongst starters...The Knicks would need to counter with a sacracial player trying to get both of them ejected.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
web123888
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#282 » by web123888 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 am

Hussien Fatal wrote:
famicommander wrote:
web123888 wrote:May have been dirty plays by him but whole thread is filled with bashing a dude who dropped 50 in a must win game down 0-2 against an elite defense, all while having facial nerve palsy.

Mad respect where it’s due. Whether or not he ever wins a title or even reaches a conference finals, he’s one of the greatest centers ever.

Probably looks more likely to end up with the Robinson/Ewing/Mourning rather than the Kareem/Russell/Wilt/Shaq/Jokic/Hakeem category, but an ATG and easy HOFer nonetheless.

Embiid will never, ever be worthy of comparison to David Robinson. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all time and to mention him with Ewing or Mourning is disrespectful as hell.

Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Jokic, Robinson, Moses, Dirk, and Duncan are all a tier far above Ewing or Embiid. I know people tend to think of Dirk and Timmy as forwards but they actually both spent more than half their career minutes at center.

Embiid is already better than David Robinson ever was. Robinson never won MVP and Embiid has twice as many scoring titles. Embiid has a higher PER and TS than Robinson. As good as he was on offense Embiid is in another league offensively.

Robinson did win MVP :crazy:
syrus3
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#283 » by syrus3 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm

Embiid is a talent. In the Domonique Wilkins vein. I’d still take Ewing or Robinson over him.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,019

Post#284 » by Rockazoids » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

Do you think it was classless how Embiid was out there playing?
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,606

Post#285 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:The Knicks played dirty/tough at home. Embiid made the adjustment in game 3 to outmatch their style of play. The Knicks can not out duel him in this area. The biggest baddest man wins in this area, at least amongst starters...The Knicks would need to counter with a sacracial player trying to get both of them ejected.

Dirty and tough are not synonymous. So you might have a tough time convincing anyone that kicking dudes in the dick & trying to 'rassle the guy that's frustrating you, is the same thing as playing until the final whistle and a jersey tug :lol:

...and Joel did a fine enough job of almost getting himself ejected just because we were defending him well ;-)
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#286 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:I guess I could have been clearer to help Dez out. There are multiple posters actively hoping for an injury to Embiid (which is classless) and also even more posters hoping dirty plays that may or may not injury Embiid happen (which are also classless). See above post if somehow this concept is still in doubt. Carry on.

Of course it was classy, he's the defending MVP :crazy:

Plus it's not like he did anything wrong, he was just trying to injure his opponent. When you've got knicks fans trying to hurt Embiid's feelings, Joel trying to end someone's season just because he can't beat them any other way, isn't even a thing, that's why it's only Knicks fans complaining.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,074

Post#287 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm

Embiid should have been ejected no doubt.
That being said, I'm getting tired about the FT complains. The thing I hate the most is this "he is a big" thing, as if only smaller guys have the privilege of foul hunting. Brunson is a great player, but he is absolutely trying to foul hunt all the time, you only need to watch how he plays. But maybe that is more ok because he is a guard? sorry but no, it doesn't matter if you are 6ft or 7ft, either foul hunting is bad for all players or is good for all players. Don't give me this "he is a 7 footer flopping" BS, I don't care how tall he is, NBA wanted to ban post play to encourage perimeter play, now a big can play as a guard if he wants.

BTW, if we want to post stats without FT, do it for all the players.
Embiid: 31 points, 13/19 FG, 5/7 3P, 81.5% TS
Brunson: 29 points, 13/27 FG, 3/7 3P, 53.7% TS

Oh, it's actually Brunson that needs the free throws to have good efficiency? :roll:
Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#288 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:27 pm

Rockazoids wrote:

Yes, difference is that I haven't seen posters wishing injury to Robinson.

Let's be honest, most posters in this board absolutely hate Embiid, some of them liked to see him injured for a long time but couldn't admit that unless there is an excuse that calls for it, they have found it and now are saying how Embiid deserves to be injured.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,377

Post#289 » by rapstarter » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:

Yes, difference is that I haven't seen posters wishing injury to Robinson.

Let's be honest, most posters in this board absolutely hate Embiid, some of them liked to see him injured for a long time but couldn't admit that unless there is an excuse that calls for it, they have found it and now are saying how Embiid deserves to be injured.

If Embiid had the track record of Robinson, he may have gotten more benefit of the doubt for the series of disgusting behavior in Game 3, but he doesn't. Embiid, like Draymond, has a long history of dirty and dangerous plays which is a major reason for the hate. Ask yourself why he gets so much hate (to the extreme point where people wish injury on a player) when he's not the first superstar to get favorable whistles. James Harden at his peak was even more successful as a player and as a foul-baiter than Embiid, but no one was hoping for his injury. His foul on Robinson isn't an excuse, it's just the latest confirmation of what we've known for years.
cgf
RealGM

Post#290 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:Embiid should have been ejected no doubt.
That being said, I'm getting tired about the FT complains. The thing I hate the most is this "he is a big" thing, as if only smaller guys have the privilege of foul hunting. Brunson is a great player, but he is absolutely trying to foul hunt all the time, you only need to watch how he plays. But maybe that is more ok because he is a guard? sorry but no, it doesn't matter if you are 6ft or 7ft, either foul hunting is bad for all players or is good for all players. Don't give me this "he is a 7 footer flopping" BS, I don't care how tall he is, NBA wanted to ban post play to encourage perimeter play, now a big can play as a guard if he wants.

Oh, it's actually Brunson that needs the free throws to have good efficiency? :roll:

I don't really disagree with you, but people are used to seeing the Shaqs of the big man world getting it done despite having dudes draped all over him. Whereas little guys have always gotten smacked around amongst the trees. I think that's why it bothers the people who are annoyed by it that Joel doesn't just hulk through contact in a way that guards can't, but instead sells it just like Jalen...especially when that other Center is dominating the NBA without going to the line much at all.

Bum Adebayo
General Manager

Post#291 » by Bum Adebayo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 pm

cgf wrote:

I don't really disagree with you, but people are used to seeing the Shaqs of the big man world getting it done despite having dudes draped all over him. Whereas little guys have always gotten smacked around amongst the trees. I think that's why it bothers the people who are annoyed by it that Joel doesn't just hulk through contact in a way that guards can't, but instead sells it just like Jalen...especially when that other Center is dominating the NBA without going to the line much at all.

People need to understand that Jokic is an outlier, just because he is great at it, the truth is that post play is just no where near as effective as it was in the past. How many players play that way? it just doesn't work much anymore, unless you are an outlier, kinda like Curry at the 3pt line, I'm sure if 3pt shooting is heavily nerfed in the future, he would still be great at it no matter what.

I have no issues admitting Embiid foul hunts and flops, my issue is that he is not the only one doing it and it's on the refs or rules to tone it down, just like it is on them (imo) to nerf the 3pt shot instead of wishing teams to stop shooting so many of them.
cgf
RealGM

Post#292 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:28 pm

Bum Adebayo wrote:
cgf wrote:

People need to understand that Jokic is an outlier, just because he is great at it, the truth is that post play is just no where near as effective as it was in the past. How many players play that way? it just doesn't work much anymore, unless you are an outlier, kinda like Curry at the 3pt line, I'm sure if 3pt shooting is heavily nerfed in the future, he would still be great at it no matter what.

I have no issues admitting Embiid foul hunts and flops, my issue is that he is not the only one doing it and it's on the refs or rules to tone it down, just like it is on them (imo) to nerf the 3pt shot instead of wishing teams to stop shooting so many of them.

The only thing I really disagree with you about is nerf'ing the 3. I don't think there's a problem with it. Yes watching bad teams is bad, but it's bad whether they're bricking 3s or middies.

Otherwise I agree with you, I was just explaining why some folks are more irked by Embiid's foul-baiting than they are Jalen's. It just pops off the screen differently when it's the biggest guy on the court doing it than when it's the smallest, ya know?

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#293 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Knicks played dirty/tough at home. Embiid made the adjustment in game 3 to outmatch their style of play. The Knicks can not out duel him in this area. The biggest baddest man wins in this area, at least amongst starters...The Knicks would need to counter with a sacracial player trying to get both of them ejected.

Dirty and tough are not synonymous. So you might have a tough time convincing anyone that kicking dudes in the dick & trying to 'rassle the guy that's frustrating you, is the same thing as playing until the final whistle and a jersey tug :lol:

...and Joel did a fine enough job of almost getting himself ejected just because we were defending him well ;-)

Bad Boy Pistons...

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#294 » by Hussien Fatal » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:37 pm

web123888 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
famicommander wrote:
Embiid will never, ever be worthy of comparison to David Robinson. Robinson is one of the most underrated players of all time and to mention him with Ewing or Mourning is disrespectful as hell.

Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Jokic, Robinson, Moses, Dirk, and Duncan are all a tier far above Ewing or Embiid. I know people tend to think of Dirk and Timmy as forwards but they actually both spent more than half their career minutes at center.

Embiid is already better than David Robinson ever was. Robinson never won MVP and Embiid has twice as many scoring titles. Embiid has a higher PER and TS than Robinson. As good as he was on offense Embiid is in another league offensively.

Robinson did win MVP :crazy:

My mistake. Embiid is still better as he’s having a much better peak than Robinson.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,618

Post#295 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 pm

Rockazoids wrote:

I haven't defended Embiid's actions once. Whether Embiid was completely in the wrong (and deserves to be suspended) doesn't change my comments.

There are a bunch of people on here posting classless and tasteless posts and then defending them. Which is sad and worse when it is posters who should be setting examples.

But yeah, bring out the pitchforks and lets post and then and 1 each other posts hoping players get knocked out for the season, get 50 stitches, have both eyes not work etc. Utter trash posts.
cgf
RealGM

Post#296 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:50 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:

Bad Boy Pistons...

...was a team from 35 years ago that was both dirty & tough...

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#297 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:

Bad Boy Pistons...

Yes, so championships have been won by pushing toughness beyond being chippy into the realm of being straight up dirty. The Knicks in NY were chippy, aggressive, I LOVE IT! Embiid made the adjustment... I love it too!

cgf
RealGM

Post#298 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
Bad Boy Pistons...

Yes, so championships have been won by pushing toughness beyond being chippy into the realm of being straight up dirty. The Knicks in NY were chippy, aggressive, I LOVE IT! Embiid made the adjustment... I love it too!

Yes dirty teams have won titles before. It's still scummy and I'm glad the Knicks haven't had to stoop to such levels to win. It's pretty pathetic when instead of trying to figure out a way to best your opponent, you focus instead on injuring them until you've dragged them down to your level.

That's how children responded to not being good enough...and exactly the kind of s*** that has been killing the NHL for years by driving new fans away.

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach

Post#299 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

cgf wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:
cgf wrote:

Yes dirty teams have won titles before. It's still scummy and I'm glad the Knicks haven't had to stoop to such levels to win. It's pretty pathetic when instead of trying to figure out a way to best your opponent, you focus instead on injuring them until you've dragged them down to your level.

That's how children responded to not being good enough...and exactly the kind of s*** that has been killing the NHL for years by driving new fans away.

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,484

Post#300 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:28 pm

Don’t think you know what dirty is if you think there was any dirty play at MSG. Were the Knicks out there trying to cause harm or injure any of the Sixers players? Nah. They played with the same physicality as the Sixers that wasn’t called throughout the game. Sixers were just hoping Knicks players would get called for the same physicality they were getting away with.

Embitch wasn’t playing tough. He was being the loser that he’s always been because that’s the only way he thinks he can win. By being a 7 foot baby and whining any chance he gets.

Return to The General Board