2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS WINS 4-1)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Celtics in 4
36%
Celtics in 5
33%
Celtics in 6
9%
Celtics in 7
2%
Heat in 4
3%
Heat in 5
2%
Heat in 6
6%
Heat in 7
9%

Total votes: 233

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,587

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2041 » by brackdan70 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:25 pm

Rancid669 wrote:Hilarious that Boston feels the need to play their starters all the way to the end when up double digits against an injured team. You can tell the Heat have been inside their head, and I have no doubt in my mind Miami wins this series with healthy Jimmy Butler.

They are rusty. Need to get back into the pattern of playing hard for full games. With clinching two weeks before the end of the season and long rest between games 1,2 and 3…it’s like the 4th game with meaning on a month.
Sign here
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,808

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #1 Boston Celtics vs. #8 Miami Heat (BOS leads 3-1) 

Post#2042 » by makubesu » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:29 pm

celtxman wrote:
BringTheHeat wrote:Aside from all the trash talk. Derrick White is very good and underrated player, I tip my hat off to him. Solid all around player. Nice offensive game, lights out shooter and great defender.

On the Heat side Jovic is a surprise. He's really going to be a player. The ONLY good thing about injuries is that players like Jovic get to get quality minutes and do well.

Jaime seems like he’ll be a solid player for awhile too.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,693

Post#2043 » by Fantaxp7 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:34 pm

Rancid669 wrote:Hilarious that Boston feels the need to play their starters all the way to the end when up double digits against an injured team. You can tell the Heat have been inside their head, and I have no doubt in my mind Miami wins this series with healthy Jimmy Butler.

This is what sucks, it would have been so satisfying if Butler were playing so these excuses don't exist.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,652

Post#2044 » by Homerclease » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:38 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,730

Post#2045 » by Froob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:47 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:

This is what sucks, it would have been so satisfying if Butler were playing so these excuses don't exist.

Meh who cares? Heat fans didn't care when Tatum twisted his ankle in game 7 and saved them from being the first team to blow a 3-0 lead.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,067

Post#2046 » by Darth Celtic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:15 pm

Heat will only win games by making a franchise high number of threes at over ,50%. Having Jimmy or rozier won't increase 3 made or total percentage so it's a moot point. They heat have had same record with Jimmy and without Jimmy all year.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,901

Post#2047 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:18 pm

It amazes me the mental gymnastics the Heat fans are doing to save face.

Terry Rozier sucks. Celtics fans know this.

Jimmy Butler ain't making up those 25 point deficits.
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,157

Post#2048 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 pm

You tried lmao
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,729

Post#2049 » by Harry Garris » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:By almost every advanced metric, Derrick White is the second or third best all-around player in the NBA. The fact that people assume he's a "complementary" player just shows how clueless the talking heads are.

Derrick White is so much better than Jaylen Brown that even the comparison of the two is an insult to White.

He is very good and he’s definitely a better player than Jaylen Brown but he’s not actually a top 3 player in the NBA.

Also I’m not sure what metrics you’re looking at… EPM has Derrick White as the 23rd most impactful player in the NBA and behind Tatum. Which sounds about right.
Rancid669
Sophomore
And1: 271

Post#2050 » by Rancid669 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:53 pm

The Corey's wrote:It amazes me the mental gymnastics the Heat fans are doing to save face.

“Save face”? Are you joking? It’s already hilarious you couldn’t sweep this injured ass team. Tatum and Brown have played like absolute ass, and the Heat have just been missing open shots left and right. You should be embarrassed.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2051 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:00 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:It amazes me the mental gymnastics the Heat fans are doing to save face.

“Save face”? Are you joking? It’s already hilarious you couldn’t sweep this injured ass team. Tatum and Brown have played like absolute ass, and the Heat have just been missing open shots left and right. You should be embarrassed.

The only thing hilarious is heat fans taking the regular season off and bitching about how injuries cost them the series.

Just remember, rolling Tatums ankle is the only reason the Heat beat the Celtics. Never forget.
Rancid669
Sophomore

Post#2052 » by Rancid669 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:05 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:

The only thing hilarious is heat fans taking the regular season off and bitching about how injuries cost them the series.

Just remember, rolling Tatums ankle is the only reason the Heat beat the Celtics. Never forget.

Jimmy was playing with a bad ankle from the Knicks series. You lost to an 8th seed.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2053 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:08 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:“Save face”? Are you joking? It’s already hilarious you couldn’t sweep this injured ass team. Tatum and Brown have played like absolute ass, and the Heat have just been missing open shots left and right. You should be embarrassed.

Jimmy was playing with a bad ankle from the Knicks series. You lost to an 8th seed.

And the Heat got demolished the year before. It's like you forget that the reason the Heat won at all is because they shot historically lights out. Like over 50% for the entire game at 3 three different games.

Considering the lack of talent on the Heat compared to the Celtics, did you actually think that would hold up?

You're bitching about them missing open shots when I'm reality everyone else is wondering how they made so many to begin with.

The Heat don't stack up against the the Celtics. Over matched. Too deep, just better at everything.

Hang your 1 we beat the Celtics in a gams on one leg banner baby. It's the best the Heat are gonna do for the foreseeable future.
Rancid669
Sophomore

Post#2054 » by Rancid669 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:17 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

And the Heat got demolished the year before. It's like you forget that the reason the Heat won at all is because they shot historically lights out. Like over 50% for the entire game at 3 three different games.

Considering the lack of talent on the Heat compared to the Celtics, did you actually think that would hold up?

You're bitching about them missing open shots when I'm reality everyone else is wondering how they made so many to begin with.

The Heat don't stack up against the the Celtics. Over matched. Too deep, just better at everything.

Hang your 1 we beat the Celtics in a gams on one leg banner baby. It's the best the Heat are gonna do for the foreseeable future.

“Demolished” the year before? That series went to the final minutes of game 7 and was a missed 3-pointer from being a Heat win. Don’t forget 2020 also…
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2055 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:Jimmy was playing with a bad ankle from the Knicks series. You lost to an 8th seed.

“Demolished” the year before? That series went to the final minutes of game 7 and was a missed 3-pointer from being a Heat win. Don’t forget 2020 also…

The 2020 Celtics sucked. I don't care about bubble title.

Heat missed that 3 because Jimmy ain't him.

Face is friend. Rivalry is now 2 to 2 no matter what mental gymnastics you wanna use and the difference is Jimmy is pushing 40 and the Jays are in their mid 20s.

I'd be pissed too.
Rancid669
Sophomore

Post#2056 » by Rancid669 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Face is friend. Rivalry is now 2 to 2 no matter what mental gymnastics you wanna use and the difference is Jimmy is pushing 40 and the Jays are in their mid 20s.

I'd be pissed too.

This series ain’t even over yet. Heat can very well steal another one tomorrow with Kristaps out. Jaylen Brown also sneakily pulling a James Harden disappearing act against an injured 8th seed. Guy is so nervous, he can’t even make a free-throw now.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#2057 » by The Corey's » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:“Demolished” the year before? That series went to the final minutes of game 7 and was a missed 3-pointer from being a Heat win. Don’t forget 2020 also…

I'd be pissed too.

This series ain’t even over yet. Heat can very well steal another one tomorrow with Kristaps out. Jaylen Brown also sneakily pulling a James Harden disappearing act against an injured 8th seed. Guy is so nervous, he can’t even make a free-throw now.

And that's possible because the Celtics still haven't shown they can close out a series without making it harder on them self.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,601

Post#2058 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:38 pm

Rancid669 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Rancid669 wrote:“Demolished” the year before? That series went to the final minutes of game 7 and was a missed 3-pointer from being a Heat win. Don’t forget 2020 also…

I'd be pissed too.

Jaylen Brown shooting 51% FG Pct and 38% 3 PT Pct averaging 22+ ppg and 7+ rpg against the Heat this series. Pretty good disappearing act.
jbsays
Junior
And1: 380

Post#2059 » by jbsays » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:45 pm

Heat currently hold a 4-2 lead over the Celtics in playoff series.
This lead will soon be 4-3 assuming Celtics win this series.

Since the Heat's inception in 1988, the Heat have won 3 NBA titles and been to 7 Finals (7 EC Championships).
Since the Heat's inception in 1988, the Celtics have won 1 NBA title and 3 Finals (3 EC Championships).
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,601

Post#2060 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:01 pm

jbsays wrote:Heat currently hold a 4-2 lead over the Celtics in playoff series.
This lead will soon be 4-3 assuming Celtics win this series.

Since the Heat's inception in 1988, the Heat have won 3 NBA titles and been to 7 Finals (7 EC Championships).
Since the Heat's inception in 1988, the Celtics have won 1 NBA title and 3 Finals (3 EC Championships).

It's nice the Heat and their fans will have something to fall back on when they are out of the playoffs on Wednesday.

Return to The General Board