2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 563

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6881 » by NiceLikeChrist » Wed May 1, 2024 5:05 am

Sixers in 4 wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:
Sixers in 4 wrote:Embiid needs to rest. I have no idea what Nurse is doing. Dude is barely effective injured let alone completely gassed on one leg.

Embiid has what? A couple more years left in this league? He’s going to sacrifice what little is left of his body for a chance at the conference finals.

If he never scratches the conf finals he knows he’s nothing

This is a dumb take even by knicks standards.

I hope you booed all those knick greats they were celebrating who never won anything of note either.

There’s a big difference between trying your hardest, getting far, and coming up short vs failing year after year because of YOUR poor play and crappy attitude.

Everything embiid has gotten in his career was given and not earned. I’m sure he knows his career is a big let down in his heart. You do too.

Made no sense comparing him to Knick great who didn’t win chips. That’s not what I’m talking about.
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6882 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed May 1, 2024 5:06 am

Oscirus wrote:Knicks should be embarrassed by that choke job. Hell in OT with the game on the line Brunson didn't feel he could trust anybody else and basically went ball hog on offense. This is one for the ages. Props to Maxey though he showed what he was made of

i think you guys played well. incredible defense down the stretch, especially og (on both ends). if you had randle, this series would be over already
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,366

Post#6883 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:13 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:yep, it’s a shame how the city can do such of great job of tricking the tourists with a few select areas while everywhere else in nyc is basically a free for all of you on the wrong or right place at the time

You guys seem to portrait NYC as like is a Russian mob city , which is really not , not even close

Doesn’t even aspire to be close to Paterson NJ crime wise

South Bx, anywhereiin the bx really... far rock, jamaica queens, anywhere in queens really, flat bush, crown heights, east NY, uptown, Harlem....

police don't even stop on Mott Ave... there's a reason they call it cop killer queens

far rock was literally called the jungle

look up pink house projects

Been in all those places , all safe by my standards to be honest , Dude Bronx changed a lot , it used to be dangerous , I don’t think is anymore unless you deal drugs then anywhere could be dangerous

Off all places you named I don’t even consider them dangerous, I have gun pulled out on me once and that was actually Brighton Beach Brooklyn

Like somebody said mind your own business and isn’t worse than any other American big city
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,357

Post#6884 » by Tor_Raps » Wed May 1, 2024 5:14 am

Knicks shouldn't have won game 2 and the Sixers shouldn't have won game 5 so call it even... now onto Game 6...
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#6885 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:17 am

H20 I can tell you what’s the problem with the Knicks was
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#6886 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:18 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:H20 I can tell you what’s the problem with the Knicks was

You got closet Nets fan on your board , he brings bad karma :lol:
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,726

Post#6887 » by SelfishPlayer » Wed May 1, 2024 5:35 am

Butch718 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Maxey is clearly better than Brunson.

Read on Twitter
?t=SXfXIo7LZthODcQV0oHL3g&s=19

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

maxey has the benefit of playing with a mvp caliber player to take some of the attention away

Don’t feed the troll. Posting **** like that is disingenuous, and a means to bait a reaction.

If Brunson played next to Embiid, his shooting splits would be much higher due to defenses not being able to scheme completely on him.

We all saw how Maxey carried the sixers when Embiid went down. They slid all the way down the rankings. He wouldn’t have led this Knicks team the way Brunson did.

That being said Maxey is a great talent and did his thing tonight. But if Embiid wasn’t the first option, he wouldn’t be putting up these type of numbers.

Maxey has a 50 point game without Embiid.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,463

Post#6888 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:35 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
You guys seem to portrait NYC as like is a Russian mob city , which is really not , not even close

Doesn’t even aspire to be close to Paterson NJ crime wise

South Bx, anywhereiin the bx really... far rock, jamaica queens, anywhere in queens really, flat bush, crown heights, east NY, uptown, Harlem....

police don't even stop on Mott Ave... there's a reason they call it cop killer queens

Been in all those places , all safe by my standards to be honest , Dude Bronx changed a lot , it used to be dangerous , I don’t think is anymore unless you deal drugs then anywhere could be dangerous

Off all places you named I don’t even consider them dangerous, I have gun pulled out on me once and that was actually Brighton Beach Brooklyn

Like somebody said mind your own business and isn’t worse than any other American big city

Some places aren't as bad as they used to be some parts are worse. The heights used to be horrible but they cleaned it up now it's just a bunch of Dominicans everywhere

Brighton beach is one of the safest parts of Brooklyn but u could get a gun pulled on u in times square. NYC is still a concrete jungle especially since these young kids don't give af about doing a bid

my cousins friend was just killed 8 months ago on seagirt blvd. he wasn't even a bad kid just wrong place

there's ms13 running around everywhere on parts on LI (bay shore, brentwood, wyndanch, freeport, ci) there's hoods everywhere in NY it's not just the boroughs
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,463

Post#6889 » by KnixtapeH20 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:37 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lmfaooo don't do my boy MDB like that :lol: like perk he been wit us since last year
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#6890 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:43 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

lmfaooo don't do my boy MDB like that :lol: like perk he been wit us since last year

Make him wear the Knicks badge then :lol:

He still wears Liberty which is actually under Nets ownership ( Tsai )
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant

Post#6891 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:46 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:South Bx, anywhereiin the bx really... far rock, jamaica queens, anywhere in queens really, flat bush, crown heights, east NY, uptown, Harlem....

Some places aren't as bad as they used to be some parts are worse. The heights used to be horrible but they cleaned it up now it's just a bunch of Dominicans everywhere

Brighton beach is one of the safest parts of Brooklyn but u could get a gun pulled on u in times square. NYC is still a concrete jungle especially since these young kids don't give af about doing a bid

my cousins friend was just killed 8 months ago on seagirt blvd. he wasn't even a bad kid just wrong place

there's ms13 running around everywhere on parts on LI (bay shore, brentwood, wyndanch, freeport, ci) there's hoods everywhere in NY it's not just the boroughs

Ok bro but it’s still not Juarez or Moscow crime wise
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,545

Post#6892 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:47 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:maxey has the benefit of playing with a mvp caliber player to take some of the attention away

Don’t feed the troll. Posting **** like that is disingenuous, and a means to bait a reaction.

If Brunson played next to Embiid, his shooting splits would be much higher due to defenses not being able to scheme completely on him.

We all saw how Maxey carried the sixers when Embiid went down. They slid all the way down the rankings. He wouldn’t have led this Knicks team the way Brunson did.

That being said Maxey is a great talent and did his thing tonight. But if Embiid wasn’t the first option, he wouldn’t be putting up these type of numbers.

Maxey has a 50 point game without Embiid.

Maxey’s numbers were much better with Embiid than without. That cannot be argued.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,895

Post#6893 » by bebopdeluxe » Wed May 1, 2024 5:47 am

The double-standard on the GB is crazy.

EVERY FLIPPING PAGE has some Embiid hater ripping the crap out of the guy. He sucks, He's a loser. Comes up small.

But compare Maxey and Brunson?

"Hey - Maxey gets to play with a guy like Embiid!"

Do you Knicks fans understand how pathetic that is?

Get with the RealGM program. EMBIID SUCKS. So how much help can he be to Maxey?
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,545

Post#6894 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:50 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:The double-standard on the GB is crazy.

EVERY FLIPPING PAGE has some Embiid hater ripping the crap out of the guy. He sucks, He's a loser. Comes up small.

But compare Maxey and Brunson?

"Hey - Maxey gets to play with a guy like Embiid!"

Do you Knicks fans understand how pathetic that is?

Get with the RealGM program. EMBIID SUCKS. So how much help can he be to Maxey?

Do you genuinely believe Maxey is better than Brunson?
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#6895 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 6:33 am

Read on Twitter
Baz
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,689

Post#6896 » by Baz » Wed May 1, 2024 6:40 am

Read on Twitter
donkki
Assistant Coach
And1: 626

Post#6897 » by donkki » Wed May 1, 2024 6:43 am

Such a disappointing finish by the Knicks. Robinson with a foul on three plus one, I couldn't believe my eyes on that one, such stupidity. Missed free throws by the Knicks, for example Hart, in the end when they had a chance to put the game away, such a shame. And of course Maxey made some crazy shots, of course. Oh well, on to the next one.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,922

Post#6898 » by Wilfried » Wed May 1, 2024 8:06 am

For all the positive attention Maxey will get, and all the negative attention Embiid will get ...

Let's praise Tobias Harris in this one. The man of 39 million just more than doubled his points average in this one, by scoring a mediocre 19 points :oops:
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#6899 » by Moose » Wed May 1, 2024 8:45 am

Everyone spoke a out how this was going to be a tough series and now that it is a tough series, everyone is surprised.

Going 6 or 7 shouldn't surprise anyone. I think most thought it was over in 5 because of the whining

You can also just tell that Maxey is a winner. Good for Sixers fans.

Knicks need to close it out in 6. They need that extra rest, they looked way too tired in Game 5.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,400

Post#6900 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 1, 2024 8:52 am

Absolute choke job. Disgusted the Knicks have the 76ers unneeded life. Treated this like a game and not war.

I expect public apologies and for Mitch and others to clean the city streets.

Disgusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to The General Board