2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,655

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6821 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 1, 2024 3:30 am

GSP wrote:This is one of the grittiest most dramatic series Ive ever seen

glad my team is not in it cant imagine how Knicks and Sixers fans are feeling lol

Definitely the best series in the first round, and the best I've seen in a long time. It has everything you want.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,934

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6822 » by kuclas » Wed May 1, 2024 3:30 am

___Rand___ wrote:
kuclas wrote:
foobar24 wrote:
It must seem like a different era in basketball back then when it was automatic that teams would foul near the end of regulation time to shut out the game.

What gives? Is there some sort of gentleman's rule where you have to give the opponent a chance? I've always questioned this.

This happened in the Pacers vs Bucks game too, although Pacers won it back in OT.

Teams are afraid of fouling a 3 point shooter in the act of shooting even from 40 feet out.

Blame Stephen curry (and to a later level trae young) and others trying to be in the act of shooting from way deep outside.

It’s a huge risk to try to grab the ball handler who has instincts just to jack any shot if he knows he will be fouled.

No, the strat of fouling with the lead is to foul them BEFORE they attempt the 3, put them on the line for 2 and dribble out the next possession.

These new gen offensive players too quick and will be in the act of shooting any where in the court. They see it coming. If McBride tried to grab Maxey just as he cross half court that shot is going up. I don’t know if it goes in from 45 feet but that’s 3 free throws.
foobar24
Ballboy
And1: 25

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6823 » by foobar24 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:31 am

___Rand___ wrote:
kuclas wrote:
foobar24 wrote:
It must seem like a different era in basketball back then when it was automatic that teams would foul near the end of regulation time to shut out the game.

What gives? Is there some sort of gentleman's rule where you have to give the opponent a chance? I've always questioned this.

This happened in the Pacers vs Bucks game too, although Pacers won it back in OT.

Teams are afraid of fouling a 3 point shooter in the act of shooting even from 40 feet out.

Blame Stephen curry (and to a later level trae young) and others trying to be in the act of shooting from way deep outside.

It’s a huge risk to try to grab the ball handler who has instincts just to jack any shot if he knows he will be fouled.

No, the strat of fouling with the lead is to foul them BEFORE they attempt the 3, put them on the line for 2 and dribble out the next possession.

Thank you...was going to respond with this...you beat me to it.
Marvin Martian
General Manager
And1: 5,373

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6824 » by Marvin Martian » Wed May 1, 2024 3:31 am

DaGawd wrote:Image

thibs wanted the foul. makes maxey’s shot that much more cold blooded cause he shot it from the far out so they wouldn’t get a chance to

Could have fouled a few seconds before that when Embiid had the ball
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,208

Post#6825 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:33 am

Marvin Martian wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Image

thibs wanted the foul. makes maxey’s shot that much more cold blooded cause he shot it from the far out so they wouldn’t get a chance to

Could have fouled a few seconds before that when Embiid had the ball

i put it more on the players for not executing, thibs couldn’t really control this brain fart
BaF
Washington Wizards
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#6826 » by eyeatoma » Wed May 1, 2024 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#6827 » by Profound23 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:35 am

Ari_Emanuel wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
What the ****?

He's right, what has Curry ever done in the NBA. Guys the size of Curry and Brunson can never do anything in the NBA.

Ummm Curry is like 6'3 with shoes :crazy:

Curry and Brunson are both listed at the same size
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,102

Post#6828 » by Capn'O » Wed May 1, 2024 3:35 am

Ari_Emanuel wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
What the ****?

He's right, what has Curry ever done in the NBA. Guys the size of Curry and Brunson can never do anything in the NBA.

Ummm Curry is like 6'3 with shoes :crazy:

The what the **** statement was equally about Brunson not being enough and the Knicks needing LeBron, who was just waxed out of the playoffs with AD as his sidekick.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,367

Post#6829 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:38 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Eyeatoma, bro can you like... idk chill with spamming the thread with random tweets.

You went MIA after Game 4, keep that same energy.. us Knicks fan didn't go into hiding after Game 3.. so

Idk, you're cool man but like, you also really like to spam random dumb SIxers tweets when they win, but go MIA when they lose is not a great look imo.

His team won the game , let him enjoy the moment, it’s all good
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,386

Post#6830 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:42 am

ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Eyeatoma, bro can you like... idk chill with spamming the thread with random tweets.

You went MIA after Game 4, keep that same energy.. us Knicks fan didn't go into hiding after Game 3.. so

Idk, you're cool man but like, you also really like to spam random dumb SIxers tweets when they win, but go MIA when they lose is not a great look imo.

Just circling back to your NyC comment - all the restaurants had A ratings. Are they really not clean? I was also impressed bc I didn’t see any homeless really anywhere and I felt safe on the subway. 2 much fake news going around…they make it seem like the subways are dangerous
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#6831 » by Jaqua92 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:52 am

Tonight was a fraud off by Embiid and Brunson.

My brain hurt, no, my existence itself hurt from watching how God awful they were tonight.

The Celtics have the easiest path to the finals ever. These teams, and their stars just can't handle post season pressure.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,367

Post#6832 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:53 am

azcatz11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

Just circling back to your NyC comment - all the restaurants had A ratings. Are they really not clean? I was also impressed bc I didn’t see any homeless really anywhere and I felt safe on the subway. 2 much fake news going around…they make it seem like the subways are dangerous

Nah it’s not dangerous, that ended 20+ years ago during Giuliani era , Some parts of Newark still is and Paterson NJ , NYC overall is safe in my opinion , but then again I rarely get lost at 3am someplace I’m not familiar with :lol:
Ugly Duckling
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#6833 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed May 1, 2024 3:55 am

maxey is that guy
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#6834 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:56 am

azcatz11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

the subways can be safe if you know how to mind your business… but it def has a lot of chaos and lawlessness going on by the homeless and emotional disturbed people mostly, or the criminals who gonto jail repeatedly and come out 3 seconds later with a slap on the wrist with the bail reform laws here.. i’m a train conductor so i’m underground almost everyday and i know
BaF
Washington Wizards
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#6835 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:57 am

Jaqua92 wrote:Tonight was a fraud off by Embiid and Brunson.

My brain hurt, no, my existence itself hurt from watching how God awful they were tonight.

The Celtics have the easiest path to the finals ever. These teams, and their stars just can't handle post season pressure.

brunson was god awful?
BaF
Washington Wizards
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,386

Post#6836 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:58 am

DaGawd wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:

the subways can be safe if you know how to mind your business… but it def has a lot of chaos and lawlessness going on by the homeless and emotional disturbed people mostly, or the criminals who gonto jail repeatedly and come out 3 seconds later with a slap on the wrist with the bail reform laws here.. i’m a train conductor so i’m underground almost everyday and i know

Gotcha….we took it from museum of natural history to little Italy and back to midtown. Also took it a few other times only during the day. I didn’t see anyone weird at all. Also didn’t see anyone weird on the streets either. Nothing I’m not used too in Phoenix. We have way more druggies about here than I saw…just thought the media was over blowing stuff
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,835

Post#6837 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:59 am

I agree, we should only be allowed to spam with tweets from Knicks content providers about how dirty is. It’s pretty disgusting that eyeatoma never got the memo.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,835

Post#6838 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:01 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Back to Wells Fargo we go.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#6839 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 4:02 am

azcatz11 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Gotcha….we took it from museum of natural history to little Italy and back to midtown. Also took it a few other times only during the day. I didn’t see anyone weird at all. Also didn’t see anyone weird on the streets either. Nothing I’m not used too in Phoenix. We have way more druggies about here than I saw…just thought the media was over blowing stuff

oh ok, yeah you were in one of the nicer parts of nyc where while you can def see those types of people and activities the city officials put a more concerted effort in to keeping those areas a bit more guarded because they know those are heavy tourist areas, which means higher police presence.
BaF
Washington Wizards
XTC
Head Coach
And1: 6,360

Post#6840 » by XTC » Wed May 1, 2024 4:02 am

Maxey is such a stud. He's the polar opposite of Embiid.

Small, clutch, and shows up in the playoffs.

**** stud bro

Build around him Philly

Return to The General Board