2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 326

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6941 » by WentzerWuver » Wed May 1, 2024 2:25 pm

Stannis wrote:All momentum is with the 76ers now. And the Knicks have unlocked Maxey's ultimate mode

This is starting to feel similar to the Heat series last year where even Brunson was getting tired and started making stupid mistakes.

Knicks had this series won and all they had to do was not give up a 4-point play. You saw it in the players and coaches faces. They are done. They don't have it in them to play 2 more games in this series.

Sixers gave up 8 unanswered points in the final minute to lose game 2 yet we didn't whine about it, so this was our payback game. We are NEVER done Lol

https://youtube.com/shorts/PGTs2exreD0?si=Sn_1KErDzgNs-IV1
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,910

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-2) 

Post#6942 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 1, 2024 2:30 pm

i don't understand the people blaming Robinson for not fouling when the Knicks were up three. You would literally have to foul him in the backcourt. He pulled up with 9 seconds on the clock, it would have been extremely difficult to pull of a foul before that shot.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,824

Post#6943 » by cgf » Wed May 1, 2024 2:32 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Stannis wrote:All momentum is with the 76ers now. And the Knicks have unlocked Maxey's ultimate mode

This is starting to feel similar to the Heat series last year where even Brunson was getting tired and started making stupid mistakes.

Knicks had this series won and all they had to do was not give up a 4-point play. You saw it in the players and coaches faces. They are done. They don't have it in them to play 2 more games in this series.

Sixers gave up 8 unanswered points in the final minute to lose game 2 yet we didn't whine about it, so this was our payback game. We are NEVER done Lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: Why do you think this thread is 300 pages long?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,945

Post#6944 » by Im Coming Home » Wed May 1, 2024 2:37 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

Lmao ok now I know you're just trolling around in the thread. :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,807

Post#6945 » by LordCovington33 » Wed May 1, 2024 2:49 pm

I had a quick look at the Knicks game 5 thread. Amazing reading. With 26 seconds left: “We can’t trade anybody”, “I love this team”, “Deuce is worth at least a top 10 pick”, “eat crow all the doubters”.
It soured faster than milk left out in summer heat once Maxey got that 4-pt play. Love it.

Brilliant series and bring on Game 6.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#6946 » by ABucksFan » Wed May 1, 2024 2:49 pm

At the end of that game I saw Maxey master Ultra Instinct
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,563

Post#6947 » by GeorgeSears » Wed May 1, 2024 3:05 pm

Reaching really dumb levels on ESPN where they're debating if Embiid is actually the "Robin" to Maxey's "Batman".
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,796

Post#6948 » by Romeiro Celtic » Wed May 1, 2024 3:13 pm

I think that Brunson forced to many plays and isolated way too much. I don't know if it was Thibs idea, but they should've moved the ball more at the end. Yeah he was hot, but you gotta close that one right. That last play was an atrocity.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,391

Post#6949 » by Black Jack » Wed May 1, 2024 3:14 pm

Thibs is sooo predictable. He has a balanced roster and he only plays a short rotation. Every clutch offensive possession he has his short all world scoring point guard go 1 on everybody while 4 other guys stand and watch.

What year is it, did D Rose win MVP again this year?
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
srhcan
Veteran
And1: 1,707

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6950 » by srhcan » Wed May 1, 2024 3:17 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
srhcan wrote:If referees had not screwed up in Game 2, 76ers would be up 3-2 instead in this series and had chance to close this series at home next game. Instead Knicks are wrongly up 3-2 and have much easier path to proceed to next round. Missed calls at the end of game can change the whole dynamics of a series.
If Embiid had been rightfully ejected the series would be over. If they called a take foul for OG or if Maxey doesn't hit a miracle shot from the logo the series would have ended tonight.

You can play this game till you're blue in the face

Sent from my KB2005 using RealGM mobile app

Is there any NBA report about those alleged calls you mentioned? NBA has officially admitted that referees did not make the right calls near end of Game 2 which directly resulted in Knicks winning. Ideally NBA should have also reversed the result of Game 2 and awarded the game to 76ers. May be one day NBA will follow through and actually implement justice.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,472

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 3-1) 

Post#6951 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 3:23 pm

srhcan wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:
srhcan wrote:If referees had not screwed up in Game 2, 76ers would be up 3-2 instead in this series and had chance to close this series at home next game. Instead Knicks are wrongly up 3-2 and have much easier path to proceed to next round. Missed calls at the end of game can change the whole dynamics of a series.
If Embiid had been rightfully ejected the series would be over. If they called a take foul for OG or if Maxey doesn't hit a miracle shot from the logo the series would have ended tonight.

You can play this game till you're blue in the face

Sent from my KB2005 using RealGM mobile app

Is there any NBA report about those alleged calls you mentioned? NBA has officially admitted that referees did not make the right calls near end of Game 2 which directly resulted in Knicks winning. Ideally NBA should have also reversed the result of Game 2 and awarded the game to 76ers. May be one day NBA will follow through and actually implement justice.

WentzerWuver wrote:

Lmao you guys are still complaining about it
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 10,332

Post#6952 » by Murray_17 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:24 pm

Jadoogar wrote:i don't understand the people blaming Robinson for not fouling when the Knicks were up three. You would literally have to foul him in the backcourt. He pulled up with 9 seconds on the clock, it would have been extremely difficult to pull of a foul before that shot.

Deuce should have fouled him when Embiid set the screen, but to be fair to him no way he could have guess Maxey was gonna pull from the logo.
Jadoogar
RealGM

Post#6953 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 1, 2024 3:28 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
Jadoogar wrote:i don't understand the people blaming Robinson for not fouling when the Knicks were up three. You would literally have to foul him in the backcourt. He pulled up with 9 seconds on the clock, it would have been extremely difficult to pull of a foul before that shot.

Deuce should have fouled him when Embiid set the screen, but to be fair to him no way he could have guess Maxey was gonna pull from the logo.

it was a smart play design from Nurse to set that pick so far up. And of course a bonkers shot by Maxey.
Jadoogar
RealGM

Post#6954 » by Jadoogar » Wed May 1, 2024 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter

what is this?
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,183

Post#6955 » by azcatz11 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:39 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
ArksNetsSince99 wrote:
His team won the game , let him enjoy the moment, it’s all good

Just circling back to your NyC comment - all the restaurants had A ratings. Are they really not clean? I was also impressed bc I didn’t see any homeless really anywhere and I felt safe on the subway. 2 much fake news going around…they make it seem like the subways are dangerous

Where did u go?

u didn't see any homeless ppl? they're literally everywhere.

U felt safe on the subway lol again what part of the city where u in? mid town Manhattan?

I didn't see any...we stayed in MidTown (Le Meridien to be exact) Walked all over the place and didn't see one. Took the subway a handful of times and felt completely safe.

In California and here in Phoenix, there are homeless and crazy people even in nice areas which is why I was surprised I didn't see any mentally disturbed people in NYC.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,893

Post#6956 » by bebopdeluxe » Wed May 1, 2024 3:43 pm

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:The double-standard on the GB is crazy.

EVERY FLIPPING PAGE has some Embiid hater ripping the crap out of the guy. He sucks, He's a loser. Comes up small.

But compare Maxey and Brunson?

"Hey - Maxey gets to play with a guy like Embiid!"

Do you Knicks fans understand how pathetic that is?

Get with the RealGM program. EMBIID SUCKS. So how much help can he be to Maxey?

Do you genuinely believe Maxey is better than Brunson?

Even if I think he is better (I am a Sixers fan), here are two things you cannot argue:

1) Brunson is in his SIXTH season, while Maxey is in his fourth (you wanna compare Brunson's fourth season to Maxey?), and

2) Maxey is FOUR YEARS YOUNGER than Brunson. Slam-dunk win for Maxey.

It is amazing what Maxey is doing in the playoffs at the age of 23. Would you agree?
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,078

Post#6957 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
bebopdeluxe wrote:The double-standard on the GB is crazy.

EVERY FLIPPING PAGE has some Embiid hater ripping the crap out of the guy. He sucks, He's a loser. Comes up small.

But compare Maxey and Brunson?

"Hey - Maxey gets to play with a guy like Embiid!"

Do you Knicks fans understand how pathetic that is?

Get with the RealGM program. EMBIID SUCKS. So how much help can he be to Maxey?

Do you genuinely believe Maxey is better than Brunson?

Even if I think he is better (I am a Sixers fan), here are two things you cannot argue:

1) Brunson is in his SIXTH season, while Maxey is in his fourth (you wanna compare Brunson's fourth season to Maxey?), and

2) Maxey is FOUR YEARS YOUNGER than Brunson. Slam-dunk win for Maxey.

It is amazing what Maxey is doing in the playoffs at the age of 23. Would you agree?

maxey is a stud, he’s not on brunson’s level just yet tho. the sixers fell off a cliff when embiid went down and maxey had to carry. but yes maxey is younger and they BOTH still have room to improve.
BaF
Washington Wizards
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,893

Post#6958 » by bebopdeluxe » Wed May 1, 2024 3:47 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

The refs GAVE GAME TWO to the Knicks. But you know this.

Knicks and their fans are lucky af they aren't playing for their playoff lives tomorrow night.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 6,049

Post#6959 » by life_saver » Wed May 1, 2024 3:49 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Just circling back to your NyC comment - all the restaurants had A ratings. Are they really not clean? I was also impressed bc I didn’t see any homeless really anywhere and I felt safe on the subway. 2 much fake news going around…they make it seem like the subways are dangerous

Where did u go?

u didn't see any homeless ppl? they're literally everywhere.

U felt safe on the subway lol again what part of the city where u in? mid town Manhattan?

I didn't see any...we stayed in MidTown (Le Meridien to be exact) Walked all over the place and didn't see one. Took the subway a handful of times and felt completely safe.

In California and here in Phoenix, there are homeless and crazy people even in nice areas which is why I was surprised I didn't see any mentally disturbed people in NYC.

I travel to Times Square quite regularly and take subway like 4-5 times a month and it's mostly fine...once in a while you will come across a weirdo in subway but nothing crazy. I do think they can improve hygiene in some parts of subway where it doesn't smell good
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,078

Post#6960 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:49 pm

bebopdeluxe wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

The refs GAVE GAME TWO to the Knicks. But you know this.

Knicks and their fans are lucky af they aren't playing for their playoff lives tomorrow night.

the refs gave you game 3 by not tossing embiid like they would’ve anyone else for that dirty foul on mitchell robinson
BaF
Washington Wizards

Return to The General Board