2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who wins?

Knicks in 4
6%
Knicks in 5
21%
Knicks in 6
29%
Knicks in 7
11%
Sixers in 4
2%
Sixers in 5
3%
Sixers in 6
18%
Sixers in 7
11%

Total votes: 345

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,797

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4101 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm

I know this asking too much, but can a Knicks fan (or even an Embiid hater) tell us why they think embiid is dirty? I know there are over 20 pages of the same arguments and points mentioned already, but to read them again but in a slightly different way would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,606

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #2 New York Knicks vs. #7 Philadelphia 76ers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4102 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:I know this asking too much, but can a Knicks fan (or even an Embiid hater) tell us why they think embiid is dirty? I know there are over 20 pages of the same arguments and points mentioned already, but to read them again but in a slightly different way would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

Not an Embiid hater, but a knicks fan. I dunno about dirty, I suppose that depends on your definition of dirty, but the Robinson flagrant, the nut shots, the excessive (moving?) screen on OG, etc. were pretty petulant. Incredible talent who came up huge in the second half...but it looked like he got frustrated in that first half before lashing out in a scumbag way.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 44,793

Post#4103 » by DaGawd » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 pm

LordCovington33 wrote:I know this asking too much, but can a Knicks fan (or even an Embiid hater) tell us why they think embiid is dirty? I know there are over 20 pages of the same arguments and points mentioned already, but to read them again but in a slightly different way would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

look at the various embiid hate threads on this forum and you’ll see why
BaF
Washington Wizards
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#4104 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:58 pm

cgf wrote:

Not an Embiid hater, but a knicks fan. I dunno about dirty, I suppose that depends on your definition of dirty, but the Robinson flagrant, the nut shots, the excessive (moving?) screen on OG, etc. were pretty petulant. Incredible talent who came up huge in the second half...but it looked like he got frustrated in that first half before lashing out in a scumbag way.

Thank you for saying what’s already been said but in a slightly different way. If people weren’t convinced after the last 300 posts on why he is dirty, they will be now. Again, thank you.
cgf
RealGM

Post#4105 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Thank you for saying what’s already been said but in a slightly different way. If people weren’t convinced after the last 300 posts on why he is dirty, they will be now. Again, thank you.

Not sure I understand what you were looking for if not the dirty things Embiid has done that make people think Embiid is dirty?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :dontknow:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,790

Post#4106 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:

If you don't want people to complain about him, then maybe he shouldn't do the sh*t he does. Fraud MVP, Dirty scumbag player that should be suspended. Stop crying about people talking about the Embiid dirty plays, go back to the 76ers board bubble if you don't wanna hear the correct opinions from all the other teams fans not just Knicks fans or "Embiid Haters" from all around the league. . :cheesygrin:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,443

Post#4107 » by Capn'O » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Not sure I understand what you were looking for if not the dirty things Embiid has done that make people think Embiid is dirty?

They don't want Knicks fans to talk about what a dirty player he is anymore. Which would be fine because fans from all around the league are talking about what a dirty player he is.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#4108 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:10 am

Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:

They don't want Knicks fans to talk about what a dirty player he is anymore. Which would be fine because fans from all around the league are talking about what a dirty player he is.

It’s funny how Knicks fans told us to stop whining after game 2, but then they flood this thread with their tears a hundred times over. It makes sense to be so emotionally driven after a decade of irrelevance, but it’s just rehashing the same old, same old.
cgf
RealGM

Post#4109 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:21 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

It’s funny how Knicks fans told us to stop whining after game 2, but then they flood this thread with their tears a hundred times over. It makes sense to be so emotionally driven after a decade of irrelevance, but it’s just rehashing the same old, same old.

:lol: I'll miss you guys after game 5.

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#4110 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am

cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Haha I have enjoyed my banter with you. Keeping it light. You will support our team in the second round, yes? :nod: :nod:
cgf
RealGM

Post#4111 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
cgf wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:

Haha I have enjoyed my banter with you. Keeping it light. You will support our team in the second round, yes? :nod: :nod:

Oh totally. Nobody's going to stop Joel out on the links while we're marching onto the ECF 8-)

LordCovington33
Lead Assistant

Post#4112 » by LordCovington33 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 am

A good mate is a Knicks fan, and damn I got an earful when we met up for drinks post-game, which was fair because he got plenty after game 2. But at the end of the day, we will support the other team for the rest of the playoffs due to our mutual dislike for the Heat and Boston.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,483

Post#4113 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

Crazy how in that decade of irrelevance, the Sixers have only managed to make as far as the Knicks have…2nd round exit. Embiid truly is a fraud of a superstar :lol:
ChrisStudley
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#4114 » by ChrisStudley » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 am

LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
cgf wrote:

Your tears were definitely tastier and more plentiful. The difference is that the refs gave us 1 or 2 calls at the end in g2, and let your boneheaded players and coach take it from there. The difference is that your star and coach threw some epic tantrums. The difference is also that your star is so uncertain of himself that he has to P.R. himself and injure other players to secure a win. The refs gave you 48 minutes of revenge, and the Knicks coach says "that's playoff basketball."

I know that Trusting a Process for a decade, only to be left with a dirty, butter-soft cry-baby, has to be frustrating. There's a psychological phenomenon - "justification of effort." You should try to overcome that phenomenon and be objective.

BTW, irrelevance was worth it for a team worth rooting for. I'd be really disappointed to be in your shoes.
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 533

Post#4115 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 am

Here’s a short and sweet video. All from a single game. If a player did this against your team, and then when confronted by players about it just said “what are you gonna do about it?”. What would you think about them?

Read on Twitter
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,904

Post#4116 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

A lot of people in this thread need full time employment

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#4117 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:39 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:The same fans that 2 days ago were all about "Why do you keep crying about calls, its what it's" now have spent the entire day crying for the league to reverse a call and get a guy suspended.

:lol:

Had no idea we were talking about a call. Geez, I thought we were talking about a dirty player injuring another player.

There's the disconnect. They are mad because the Knicks played an aggressive, ballhawking brand of basketball and the refs swallowed the whistle. They then want us (Knicks fans) to appreciate they can match our basketball intensity with non-basketball plays. You know Knicks fans, stop being bitter and recognize greatness is daring the refs to eject you as you Superfly Snuuka everyone in the ring (I mean on the court. It's a process. It's THE Process.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
cgf
RealGM

Post#4118 » by cgf » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:A lot of people in this thread need full time employment

Don't most people post in their downtime at work? You can usually tell if I'm at work or not based on whether I write an essay or just a 1-2 liner :lol:

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,790

Post#4119 » by Im Coming Home » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 pm

ChrisStudley wrote:
LordCovington33 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Your tears were definitely tastier and more plentiful. The difference is that the refs gave us 1 or 2 calls at the end in g2, and let your boneheaded players and coach take it from there. The difference is that your star and coach threw some epic tantrums. The difference is also that your star is so uncertain of himself that he has to P.R. himself and injure other players to secure a win. The refs gave you 48 minutes of revenge, and the Knicks coach says "that's playoff basketball."

I know that Trusting a Process for a decade, only to be left with a dirty, butter-soft cry-baby, has to be frustrating. There's a psychological phenomenon - "justification of effort." You should try to overcome that phenomenon and be objective.

BTW, irrelevance was worth it for a team worth rooting for. I'd be really disappointed to be in your shoes.

:lol: :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,792

Post#4120 » by omerome » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:A lot of people in this thread need full time employment

It's the weekend. Speaking for myself, I have more time to post.

Return to The General Board