2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins?

Nuggets in 4
27%
Nuggets in 5
38%
Nuggets in 6
17%
Nuggets in 7
1%
Lakers in 7
5%
Lakers in 6
8%
Lakers in 5
0%
Lakers in 4
3%

Total votes: 404

Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 38,360

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1) 

Post#7181 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Mrakar wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These dudes got 27 fts to 9 fts while being on the road. I don't fault the fans though, they must think they're entitled to every call because that's how the nba has been favoring them lol.

So you agree it was a foul but Lakers just can't get them all because that's basketball lmao

No, it was clear Prince launched himself into KCP while he was standing still with his hands up. Being able to land only works if you take a normal jump shot, not while trying to compete for the long jump contest lol
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,394

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: West 1st Round: #2 Denver Nuggets vs #7 Los Angeles Lakers (DEN WINS 4-1) 

Post#7182 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:lol Denver has their best poa playing with an injury and their second player playing injuries.

KCP was perfectly fine in the second half and I’m still calling cap on the Murray injury. Either way comparing them to AD is flat out ludicrous.

AD has a history of being a wimp while Murray is toughing it out... you have no clue about their injuries and their threshold for pain lol.

AD couldn’t lift his arm in the third quarter and was phased out of the gameplan altogether. It wasn’t until the fourth quarter after he got some treatment that he was able to gain some movement but it mute because he had zero impact offensively. You calling him a wimp basically implies that he overexaggerating the injury which contradicts your whole point about fans now knowing players threshold for pain.

What I do know about calf strains if that they’re no joke. Giannis has missed three pivotal games due to a calf strain and teams in general take a lot of precaution given the risk for greater injury. Nothing today suggested Murray was nursing a calf injury, he was just as explosive and probably had his best game of the series. But sure let’s runs with your narrative, Murray toughed it out and AD was a wimp. Let’s see how tough he is next series.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 818

Post#7183 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 am

LaLover11 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Mrakar wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These dudes got 27 fts to 9 fts while being on the road. I don't fault the fans though, they must think they're entitled to every call because that's how the nba has been favoring them lol.

So you agree it was a foul but Lakers just can't get them all because that's basketball lmao

The Lakers shot three times as many free throws and still lost. Cry me a river
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#7184 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:56 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
And that's the whole point of all this man.
It was a real foul and Lakers should've had a chance to tie or win it no matter if it's a last second prayer.

Nuggets would've still had 0.7 on the clock and a timeout to give Murray and the Nuggets a chance to win the game.

I guarantee if Denver was down 2 points like the Lakers
And Murray was the one shooting that "Prince" Half court shot he would've got that call vs the Lakers and you know it

It wasn't a foul man, just stop with this nonsense. Prince jumped forward where KCP was already planted.

lol, I’m starting to wonder if he watched the game or just saw the still shot.

I'm the one that took that still shot my friend
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#7185 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 am

KyRo23 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
RB34 wrote:
It’s just basketball after all. Except if he wins, then he’s the goat and it was the hardest path to victory.

LeBron: "I just wanna get home to my family."

Realgm: "lol what a loser"

There are no quotes that he could say that would satisfy these kinds of people.

They keep bringing up the "it's just basketball" quote, which is either a troll or an embarrassing ignoring of context.

He was asked how the role players stress/pressure can effect playoff play. He said they were professionals and you're supposed to feel the pressure. Yes, you are supposed to feel it, but you gotta go out and play because it's just basketball. What's the worst that can happen? You have a bad game and move on, which is actually what Dlo did after game 3 :lol: seems like it was decent advice

Funny how LeBron only says its "just basketball" when he's on the verge of losing a series but never when he wins.

If he actually felt that way, he wouldn't need an army of paid media shills bending over to make excuses and micromanage the narrative.

If any other player had made this comment, you'd excoriate them for doing so and don't pretend you wouldn't.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#7186 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 am

FrobeBryant wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
KCP was perfectly fine in the second half and I’m still calling cap on the Murray injury. Either way comparing them to AD is flat out ludicrous.

AD has a history of being a wimp while Murray is toughing it out... you have no clue about their injuries and their threshold for pain lol.

Toughing out nothing, he was running and jumping just fine. I don’t buy that baloney for a second. As for AD, he was killing it before the injury and the Lakers were up. As soon as he got injured he was clearly favoring one arm and the game changed from there. Pretty easy to tell which side was affected most by injuries.

Like I said, AD has a history of being a wimp with 0 pain tolerance. There's a reason why he's referred to as "Street clothes." Trying to downplay Murray just potentially being tougher than AD is hilarious.

In a perfect world, no one would get hurt. Lucky for everyone, Nuggets have beat the Lakers 12 out of 13 times so we have enoigh sample size on how things go with everyone healthy lol.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 20,394

Post#7187 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:00 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
FrobeBryant wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Toughing out nothing, he was running and jumping just fine. I don’t buy that baloney for a second. As for AD, he was killing it before the injury and the Lakers were up. As soon as he got injured he was clearly favoring one arm and the game changed from there. Pretty easy to tell which side was affected most by injuries.

Like I said, AD has a history of being a wimp with 0 pain tolerance. There's a reason why he's referred to as "Street clothes." Trying to downplay Murray just being tougher than AD is hilarious.

In a perfect world, no one would get hurt. Lucky for everyone, Nuggets have beat the Lakers 12 out of 13 times so we jave enoigh sample size on how things go with everyone healthy lol.

Pain tolerance isn’t the same thing as proneness to injury.
JackZZ
Pro Prospect
And1: 647

Post#7188 » by JackZZ » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:01 am

Blow it up and prepare to sign/get Luka.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#7189 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:04 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
FrobeBryant wrote:

Like I said, AD has a history of being a wimp with 0 pain tolerance. There's a reason why he's referred to as "Street clothes." Trying to downplay Murray just being tougher than AD is hilarious.

In a perfect world, no one would get hurt. Lucky for everyone, Nuggets have beat the Lakers 12 out of 13 times so we jave enoigh sample size on how things go with everyone healthy lol.

What are you the expert on pain tolerance? :lol:

You're the one calling Murray a faker. Just telling you AD has a history of not being able to handle any injury and that's not exactly a secret lol
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,095

Post#7190 » by whatisacenter » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:05 am

LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Sharkboy242 wrote:It wasn't a foul man, just stop with this nonsense. Prince jumped forward where KCP was already planted.

Well then why are you still gripping about it?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
FuShengTHEGreat
Veteran
And1: 1,156

Post#7191 » by FuShengTHEGreat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:06 am

Mamba Mentality wrote:Murray gonna get clamped next series. Enjoy this moment because you’re joining us in Cancun in two weeks.

Nah for a 7th seed that lost in 5 games LA is going to Tijuana.
LaLover11
Bench Warmer
And1: 868

Post#7192 » by LaLover11 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:08 am

whatisacenter wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Well then why are you still gripping about it?

Simply because it was a foul but whatever everything happens for a reason.

Nice series Denver hope you win it all
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,300

Post#7193 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 am

SportsGuru08 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
LeBron: "I just wanna get home to my family."

Realgm: "lol what a loser"

They keep bringing up the "it's just basketball" quote, which is either a troll or an embarrassing ignoring of context.

He was asked how the role players stress/pressure can effect playoff play. He said they were professionals and you're supposed to feel the pressure. Yes, you are supposed to feel it, but you gotta go out and play because it's just basketball. What's the worst that can happen? You have a bad game and move on, which is actually what Dlo did after game 3 :lol: seems like it was decent advice

Funny how LeBron only says its "just basketball" when he's on the verge of losing a series but never when he wins.

If he actually felt that way, he wouldn't need an army of paid media shills bending over to make excuses and micromanage the narrative.

If any other player had made this comment, you'd excoriate them for doing so and don't pretend you wouldn't.

Did you on purpose just miss the context of it like I just said? The irony is at a record high right now :lol:

Yeah telling role players who are shooting bad to keep it pushing because it's just basketball is so horrible. Burn him at the stake! What a loser! You're looking for anything right now to crucify him. It's worrying
SportsGuru08
Rookie

Post#7194 » by SportsGuru08 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:11 am

KyRo23 wrote:
SportsGuru08 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:

Did you on purpose just miss the context of it like I just said? The irony is at a record high right now :lol:

Yeah telling role players who are shooting bad to keep it pushing because it's just basketball is so horrible. Burn him at the stake! What a loser! You're looking for anything right now to crucify him. It's worrying

Saying "just basketball" in ANY context is weak. Stop simping for him
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,300

Post#7195 » by KyRo23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:13 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
Revived wrote:
levon wrote:What should his answer have been?

Read on Twitter

Look at how he smiles and answers it…he wants people to speculate on his quote and have ESPN run a 3 hr special debating over it.

We all know your ass isn't going to retire without getting a whole retirement tour. Fans/media that keep falling for this is what annoys me lol.

I get where you're coming from, but you have to recognize you're part of the problem :lol:

The people talking about it in this thread right now are the people who don't like it. It's baiting you guys more than anyone and ESPN is gonna run with it for that reason
Riverwalk2021
Sixth Man
And1: 1,708

Post#7196 » by Riverwalk2021 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 am

Legend has it the Lakers just lost the most competitive 5 game series in NBA history. Hang another banner.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,753

Post#7197 » by Revived » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:14 am

FuShengTHEGreat wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:Murray gonna get clamped next series. Enjoy this moment because you’re joining us in Cancun in two weeks.

Nah for a 7th seed that lost in 5 games LA is going to Tijuana.

Ain’t nothing fun in Tijuana is there?
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#7198 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:16 am

KyRo23 wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Look at how he smiles and answers it…he wants people to speculate on his quote and have ESPN run a 3 hr special debating over it.

We all know your ass isn't going to retire without getting a whole retirement tour. Fans/media that keep falling for this is what annoys me lol.

I get where you're coming from, but you have to recognize you're part of the problem :lol:

The people talking about it in this thread right now are the people who don't like it. It's baiting you guys more than anyone and ESPN is gonna run with it for that reason

It just annoys me. This man went on the Espys or whatever sports award show last year to say "I'm not retiring" just to get an ovation on something we all knew. Like f off loll.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,031

Post#7199 » by TeamTragic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:17 am

The Lakers won the Vegas Tournament so who cares about the NBA Finals
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 782

Post#7200 » by AlexanderRight » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:21 am

Lets keep it real. Is it fair to win a challenge and lose a timeout anyway just because the referee made a mistake? I don't think so.

Regardless, Lakers played their asses off this series and didn't go down like chumps, unlike Phoenix.

Return to The General Board