2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN SWEEPS 4-0)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Winner

Timberwolves in 4
12%
Timberwolves in 5
14%
Timberwolves in 6
20%
Timberwolves in 7
12%
Suns in 4
3%
Suns in 5
5%
Suns in 6
26%
Suns in 7
9%

Total votes: 292

Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,109

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 3-0) 

Post#1721 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

Will be funny to see how the NBA markets:

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Dubnation
Analyst
And1: 3,331

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 3-0) 

Post#1722 » by Dubnation » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:
Domejandro wrote:
Dubnation wrote:
That term is subjective. Many have called Denver a superteam. If they repeat, you'll hear it louder.

I have never heard anyone call Denver a superteam, they only have one All-Star. :lol:

Any team that build their roster mainly by their own draft should not be called teamed up super team, so Nuggets and Warriors should not be called Superteams… the super team is really reserved for LeBron’s teams that he could not get over the hump, so chose to team up with other superstars

This I agree with. I'm sure others don't agree with us.
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,786

Post#1723 » by TinmanZBoy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

Guys should also remember his name is Chris Finch
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,415

Post#1724 » by Oscirus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

Also dont you have to have more than one all star to be considered a super team? Dont get me wrong porter and Murray are nice but I don't think anybody would refer to that trio as a big 3
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,060

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#1725 » by garrick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
So true, a 27 year old will surely have no other shot in the rest of his career.

Wonder if you had the same take on Doncic when the Mavs failed to make the play-in tournament last year.
I don't know how it's possible on the Suns, elsewhere sure he's a great player. I'm not saying he or Luka will never get a chance to win a title.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Maybe I misunderstood your post. I meant, the Mavs were in a bad situation last year and have completely turned it around due to good role player acquisitions and building better chemistry.

Not saying the Suns will be able to do the same, they have a more difficult cap situation obviously , but I think Booker will still be the last guy they move on this roster (unless a truly lobsided offer shows up).

We should have traded for Kyrie in hindsight, Kyrie is a true PG and would compliment Booker nicely.

KD at this point in his career scored on open 3's and pull up 2's.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,242

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #3 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #6 Phoenix Suns (MIN leads 2-0) 

Post#1726 » by Mr Puddles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:54 am

garrick wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:I don't know how it's possible on the Suns, elsewhere sure he's a great player. I'm not saying he or Luka will never get a chance to win a title.

Maybe I misunderstood your post. I meant, the Mavs were in a bad situation last year and have completely turned it around due to good role player acquisitions and building better chemistry.

Not saying the Suns will be able to do the same, they have a more difficult cap situation obviously , but I think Booker will still be the last guy they move on this roster (unless a truly lobsided offer shows up).

We should have traded for Kyrie in hindsight, Kyrie is a true PG and would compliment Booker nicely.

In hindsight yes, but let's also not forget that Kyrie this year and Kyrie at the trade deadline of last year as perceived as two completely different people.
Spoiler:
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,765

Post#1727 » by nzahir » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 am

Statlanta wrote:
nzahir wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:KD, the most overrated player in nba history.

Physical teams always give KD trouble

He did help ruin Lebrons legacy sadly

Bron has 5-6 rings if not for that KD decision

I think you are optimistic Harden, Leonard(beat LeBron), or even Chris Paul(who has also beaten LeBron in the playoffs) would not beat LeBron in that time period as well.

The 17 Cavs were even better than the 16 Cavs

I think we would have beat any team that year besides GS

In 2018 we wouldnt beat Hou without Kyrie, but if we just went back to back, I doubt Kyrie is gone

So that is why I say 5-6 rings

And Cp3 beat Lebron who came back quickly off an injury and had no AD after game 3 (when it was 2-1 LA)
KGDirkTD_Fan
Sophomore
And1: 216

Post#1728 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
So true, a 27 year old will surely have no other shot in the rest of his career.

Wonder if you had the same take on Doncic when the Mavs failed to make the play-in tournament last year.
I don't know how it's possible on the Suns, elsewhere sure he's a great player. I'm not saying he or Luka will never get a chance to win a title.

For the record I also thought the Mavs were in a pretty bad hole pre-Kyrie trade. Since that trade the Mavs hit well on almost every acquisition and completely turned things around. It's just complicated when I try to figure it out on the Suns because the team lacks a lot outside of what Booker/Beal/KD does and I don't know how you fill in all the rest without breaking up one of them either Beal (NTC) or KD.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,765

Post#1729 » by nzahir » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:58 am

garrick wrote:
YamaChan wrote:
nzahir wrote:Physical teams always give KD trouble

He did help ruin Lebrons legacy sadly

Bron has 5-6 rings if not for that KD decision

Why do people push this narrative so much?

In his prime years, pre Golden State, KD was battling with Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Tony Allen, LeBron, Kawhi and several other masterful defenders, not to mention the Grizzlies twice and the Spurs three times, two of those teams with incredibly tough defenses, with the 2016 Spurs and 2013 Grizzlies especially having extremely physical, historically great defenses, and KD cooked them all.

KD has never had "trouble" with physical defenses at his peak.

He has trouble now because he's getting old and his injuries are catching up with him. That's all. No need to create fake narratives. Speak with facts.

The KD we're watching now is not the KD of old, and anyone who has watched his entire career would know that after 5 minutes real-time. He isn't even 2021 Durant anymore, let alone the peak pre-injury version of himself.

Sad to see.

It's not even really KD's fault he isn't the same player at 35 that he was at 25 or even 30, blame Ishbia who gave up a ton of picks and 2 solid players and overhyped this trade.

The only player at age 35 or 36 that really could carry a team on his back was MJ or LBJ and KD just isn't on their level.

He can put up stats but doesn't have that extra gear to get by players anymore due to his age.

KD struggled when GS got physical with him in 2016

The Grizzlies gave him trouble in 2013. No Russ though, but he was still not great

Obviously he has gotten worse, but when you get physical with him

2021 KD was great, 2022 wasnt too different...until he went up against Boston
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 2,779

Post#1730 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

Chuck Everett wrote:Will be funny to see how the NBA markets:

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

The ratings will probably suck, but it'd be nice if fans just enjoyed good basketball. We don't need people from NY Los Angeles and Chicago to determine what's worth watching or not if they're only interested in watching local teams. Not talking to all people from those areas obviously people like you (assuming you're in NY) and many others will tune in to watch those teams play because you enjoyed good bball.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,415

Post#1731 » by Oscirus » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:02 am

garrick wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:
KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:I don't know how it's possible on the Suns, elsewhere sure he's a great player. I'm not saying he or Luka will never get a chance to win a title.

Do you trust the unpredictable Kyrie to re-sign this year. He did with the mavs, but he also screwed over the Celtics. It's hard to guess what he's going to do and that's a costly gamble
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
TinmanZBoy
Head Coach
And1: 4,786

Post#1732 » by TinmanZBoy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:04 am

Suns swept wolves in the regular season, then being swept by wolves in the playoffs… say what?
Hi Clutchie, I love you... :kiss
Howard Cosell
Rookie
And1: 280

Post#1733 » by Howard Cosell » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

Let’s not get it twisted. Minnesota vs Denver will be receiving some high ratings.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,242

Post#1734 » by Mr Puddles » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:05 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:Suns swept wolves in the regular season, then being swept by wolves in the playoffs… say what?

Trust me, after the Mavs series from two years ago many of us fullwell understood that the regular season doesn't matter much.

I believe the Suns had won 10 straight against the Mavs before losing in 7.
Spoiler:
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1735 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 am

ChipotleWest wrote:

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

The ratings will probably suck, but it'd be nice if fans just enjoyed good basketball. We don't need people from NY Los Angeles and Chicago to determine what's worth watching or not if they're only interested in watching local teams. Not talking to all people from those areas obviously people like you (assuming you're in NY) and many others will tune in to watch those teams play because you enjoyed good bball.

I'm from New York, live in Los Angeles. I watch every game, but I will always put the blame on the league for how they market it. All year long, I kept saying you can't load manage in the West, it's too good for that and well we're seeing it play out in real time. The old teams are getting smacked up because they're out of gas.

Next season the bottom will fall out for at least one of them, but maybe all 4 (Warriors, Lakers, Suns and Clippers).
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,109

Post#1736 » by GSP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:07 am

TinmanZBoy wrote:Suns swept wolves in the regular season, then being swept by wolves in the playoffs… say what?

I dont think the regular season has ever mattered less in Nba history than it does now

Regular season basketball Vs playoff basketball in 2024 might as well be different sports

Suns ran them off the floor in the Rs and they cant even dribble the ball this series
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,109

Post#1737 » by GSP » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

Okc and Dallas should be easy w/ Luka Vs Sga and Mvp narrative
Chuck Everett
RealGM

Post#1738 » by Chuck Everett » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am

GSP wrote:

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

Okc and Dallas should be easy w/ Luka Vs Sga and Mvp narrative

And DPOY Gobert vs. MVP Jokic.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 2,779

Post#1739 » by ChipotleWest » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 am

Also I'd rather not put Dallas in the second round yet. Game 4 is at 3:30 eastern on Sunday same as last Sunday where the Mavs didn't show up in the first half. They may go party Saturday night and not show up idk, or maybe they just suck in early games. Then all the sudden Clippers have hca again.

I feel a lot more comfortable putting the other teams there than Dallas.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,875

Post#1740 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:10 am

Minnesota vs. Denver
Oklahoma City vs. Dallas

Can't wait for the "what's next for the Lakers and Warriors" segments throughout the remainder of the playoffs lol.

Return to The General Board