2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3)

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins?

Cavs in 4
2%
Cavs in 5
14%
Cavs in 6
24%
Cavs in 7
14%
Magic in 4
2%
Magic in 5
2%
Magic in 6
25%
Magic in 7
15%

Total votes: 283

MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,213

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3) 

Post#3441 » by MrBigShot » Sun May 5, 2024 8:43 pm

Magic had a fantastic year and paola had a nice playoff debut, their fans should be hopeful.

Also I really hope Mitchell gets a chance to play for a legitimate contender in the next few years.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (CLE WINS 4-3) 

Post#3442 » by Mad Guru » Sun May 5, 2024 8:56 pm

As a Magic fan, I'm absolutely thrilled with this season.

If you asked me at the beginning what I thought their ceiling was, it was 46 wins and a competitive first round.

They met that completely.

They have obvious limitations as currently constructed, but they can address those issues, and if the front office does their jobs, they will be a much better team next year.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,921

Post#3443 » by RookieStar » Sun May 5, 2024 9:19 pm

Great Series

Great Game

What a player DON is!

Congrats CLE!!!

I was right and the experience of the Cavs would show out against the inexperience of my team.
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,400

Post#3444 » by tooler » Sun May 5, 2024 9:23 pm

Great series and great season. Now the real work begins!
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,186

Post#3445 » by picc » Sun May 5, 2024 9:46 pm

This series made me feel like they should make Mobley into the defensive big role they tried to give JA, and trade JA for an offensive 4.

Just have Mobley practice threes nonstop. He isn't built to operate inside.
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,198

Post#3446 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 9:47 pm

I’m going to add something because people just refuse to admit it, but Evan Mobley was dominant in this series.

The points weren’t always there and in fact there were times where he was a liability at that end, but his defense was other worldly. Whether he was at PF and locking up Paolo (apart from game 3 where that man just couldn’t miss), or games 5-7 where he was dominant in the paint, he demonstrated to us all why he got so much hype in the first place. His defense is a game changer and the Cavs are very lucky to have him.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,964

Post#3447 » by tundraknight » Sun May 5, 2024 9:55 pm

Hypothetically if the Magic and Cavs could combine their best players and create a 12 man roster to compete against the mighty Celtics in the 2nd round, what would your starting 5 would look like? And bench line up
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,879

Post#3448 » by JJ_PR » Sun May 5, 2024 10:08 pm

tundraknight wrote:Hypothetically if the Magic and Cavs could combine their best players and create a 12 man roster to compete against the mighty Celtics in the 2nd round, what would your starting 5 would look like? And bench line up

PG: Darius Garland
SG: Donovan Mitchell
SF: Franz Wagner
PF: Evan Mobley
C: Paolo Banchero
Bench
PG: Jalen Suggs
PG: Caris LeVert
SG: Gary Harris
SF: Max Strus
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Jarrett Allen
C: Wendell Carter Jr.
Coach: Jamal Bickerstaff
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,342

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (Series tied 3-3) 

Post#3449 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:28 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:To think, if the Cavs didn't tank the final game of the season, they probably wouldn't be going against the Celtics next round to get swept. Maybe they'd be going against the Knicks next round to get swept.

They want NO part of us :lol: especially Allen & Mobley... they'd DIE if they saw Mitch again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and now the new & improved Isiah & Precious :lol:

There's no relief
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,855

Post#3450 » by cgf » Sun May 5, 2024 10:28 pm

tundraknight wrote:Hypothetically if the Magic and Cavs could combine their best players and create a 12 man roster to compete against the mighty Celtics in the 2nd round, what would your starting 5 would look like? And bench line up

Mitchell | Garland
Suggs | LeVert | Harris/Okoro
Wagner | Strus
Banchero | Isaac
Mobley | Allen | Carter
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,361

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - East 1st Round: #4 Cleveland Cavaliers vs. #5 Orlando Magic (Series tied 3-3) 

Post#3451 » by Scoundreldays » Sun May 5, 2024 10:43 pm

The High Cyde wrote:
JujitsuFlip wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:Nightmare half for the Magic. They had it in the bag when Cleveland looked dead in the water in the first half. Oh well, great showing in the first playoffs for them.

Boston Cavs should be fun, is Allen coming back this postseason?
Not sure but Allen and Wade would be huge to get back for the Celtics series.

Agreed. Best of luck next round, hope you guys advance, the way Boston plays annoys tf out of me lol

I want them to lose so I can talk mad smack to my friend who's from Boston. He seems to think they have the chip in the bag already. I would love to have a repeat of 2022 when he proclaimed Celtics would sweep the Warriors
picc
RealGM

Post#3452 » by picc » Sun May 5, 2024 10:50 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:I’m going to add something because people just refuse to admit it, but Evan Mobley was dominant in this series.

The points weren’t always there and in fact there were times where he was a liability at that end, but his defense was other worldly. Whether he was at PF and locking up Paolo (apart from game 3 where that man just couldn’t miss), or games 5-7 where he was dominant in the paint, he demonstrated to us all why he got so much hype in the first place. His defense is a game changer and the Cavs are very lucky to have him.

Dominant is the wrong word. Its just not appropriate IMO. He was a paint protector but it wasn't Gobert like. And I have a problem with calling someone dominant who looked so frail and soft, so often. But I agree he was very good, mostly because of his presence inside.

If he can up his volume of threes to around 4-5 game and keep his percentages high, with some extra credit scoring inside every now and then, I think that's the role he's built for.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,573

Post#3453 » by jkvonny » Sun May 5, 2024 10:51 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
OldSchoolNoBull wrote:This is the first time the Cavs have advanced past the first round, without LeBron on the roster, since 1993, in the Daugherty/Nance/Price days.

In fact, it's only the fourth time in franchise history they've advanced past the first round without LeBron - the other two being in 1992 and 1976.

Lebron really made that franchise relevant

TBF, the Cavs ran into MJ/Bulls quite often in the playoffs, SemiFinals, ECFs during the late '80s -mid '00s (5 times). A few of them were lost on the deciding series finale. If it wasn't the Bulls, The Pacers and Knicks would beat them in the playoffs. Cavs had some good teams at the time. The East was strong during the '80s and '90s.

Cavs (with LeBron) would get their revenge decades later (2010s) beating the Bulls in the playoffs a few times. lol
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#3454 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 10:53 pm

picc wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:I’m going to add something because people just refuse to admit it, but Evan Mobley was dominant in this series.

Dominant is the wrong word. Its just not appropriate IMO. He was a paint protector but it wasn't Gobert like. And I have a problem with calling someone dominant who looked so frail and soft, so often. But I agree he was very good, mostly because of his presence inside.

If he can up his volume of threes to around 4-5 game and keep his percentages high, with some extra credit scoring inside every now and then, I think that's the role he's built for.

Mobley held Paolo to below 30% shooting when he guarded him, and more often than not made him pass up on shot opportunities. And when he transitioned to center in games 5-7, Orlando’s inside offense was abysmal.

He was dominant. There is no argument against it.

picc
RealGM

Post#3455 » by picc » Sun May 5, 2024 11:01 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
picc wrote:

Mobley held Paolo to below 30% shooting when he guarded him, and more often than not made him pass up on shot opportunities. And when he transitioned to center in games 5-7, Orlando’s inside offense was abysmal.

I'm arguing against it right now. So it is.

Its not the word for his performance imo.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,924

Post#3456 » by basketballRob » Sun May 5, 2024 11:07 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
picc wrote:

Suggs held Mitchell below 30% when he guarded him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
JujitsuFlip
General Manager
And1: 5,417

Post#3457 » by JujitsuFlip » Sun May 5, 2024 11:10 pm

I just saw the 18 point comeback was the largest in a game 7 since 1998.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#3458 » by Michael Jackson » Sun May 5, 2024 11:17 pm

JJ_PR wrote:

PG: Darius Garland
SG: Donovan Mitchell
SF: Franz Wagner
PF: Evan Mobley
C: Paolo Banchero
Bench
PG: Jalen Suggs
PG: Caris LeVert
SG: Gary Harris
SF: Max Strus
PF: Jonathan Isaac
C: Jarrett Allen
C: Wendell Carter Jr.
Coach: Jamal Bickerstaff

Start Suggs over Garland... Garland can score off the bench. Suggs defense is more important with the starters for sure.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#3459 » by Iwasawitness » Sun May 5, 2024 11:23 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
picc wrote:

Suggs held Mitchell below 30% when he guarded him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Great, let me know when Suggs single handily affects an entire teams offense.

ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,432

Post#3460 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 5, 2024 11:23 pm

Cavs won a playoff series without LeBron James for the first time since 1993. pic.twitter.com/HPPs8wolx3
– via Twitter statmuse
"The best ability is availability"

Not if the player sucks a**.

Return to The General Board