2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (DAL WINS 4-2)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Mavericks vs. Clippers Series Result

Mavericks SWEEP!
2%
Mavericks 4-1
7%
Mavericks 4-2
43%
Mavericks 4-3
15%
Clippers SWEEP!
5%
Clippers 4-1
2%
Clippers 4-2
14%
Clippers 4-3
13%

Total votes: 352

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,651

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#3701 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:33 pm

MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Stop it, there was no floaters or lobs when Lively was in there. You guys with your excuses for Maxi are sad.

Because Harden was not beating his defender as easily as he was in last 5 minutes. Washington is normally pretty good, but Harden toyed with him. Team has coaches and time outs to make adjustments, Kidd didn't do anything.

Washington was afraid to get too aggressive because he knew he didn't have backside help, and Harden is a very smart player and took full advantage of that. That's why the Mavs hemorrhaged easy paint points in the clutch

They tanked the end of last season to get a guy to address that, that guy led all rookies in win shares. Only to completely ignore him in the 4th quarter and roll with the same guy this team has a clear ceiling with because Kidd is an unimaginative coach

Ok. Harden dribbles past Washington, Lively steps out and who covers easy lob to Zubac, who's under basket?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,657

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs - West 1st Round: #4 Los Angeles Clippers vs #5 Dallas Mavericks (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#3702 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:34 pm

I mean this is being questioned all over the internet there's a few like Bob8 defending it but probably 95% of Mavs fans are pissed on twitter, reddit, other Mavs forums, everywhere. Even non-Mavs fans.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3703 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:39 pm

Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Because Harden was not beating his defender as easily as he was in last 5 minutes. Washington is normally pretty good, but Harden toyed with him. Team has coaches and time outs to make adjustments, Kidd didn't do anything.

Washington was afraid to get too aggressive because he knew he didn't have backside help, and Harden is a very smart player and took full advantage of that. That's why the Mavs hemorrhaged easy paint points in the clutch

They tanked the end of last season to get a guy to address that, that guy led all rookies in win shares. Only to completely ignore him in the 4th quarter and roll with the same guy this team has a clear ceiling with because Kidd is an unimaginative coach

Ok. Harden dribbles past Washington, Lively steps out and who covers easy lob to Zubac, who's under basket?

The answer in life is never do nothing and let it happen to you. If he stepped up and the lob happened at least he tried. Use the smart part of your brain.

A lob is not as easy to execute as an uncontested floater.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#3704 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:39 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:I mean this is being questioned all over the internet there's a few like Bob8 defending it but probably 95% of Mavs fans are pissed on twitter, reddit, other Mavs forums, everywhere.

I'm criticising Kidd too, for not playing different D, when Harden was abusing everyone, who has been guarding him. If a player easily dribbles past his defender and comes in the paint you should change something, sure Lively couldn't be worse than Kleber, but why letting a hot player the same action 6 times in few minutes?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#3705 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:42 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

The answer in life is never do nothing and let it happen to you. If he stepped up and the lob happened at least he tried. Use the smart part of your brain.

Smart part of my brain is telling me that they could have defended Harden a little differently from the beginning of every possession. ;) Harden looked like prime MJ out there.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3706 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Smart part of my brain is telling me that they could have defended Harden a little differently from the beginning of every possession. ;)

Players get in the lane all the time, when you have a rim protector it's not a huge issue. You're pretending it's a coincidence that Harden got the most paints in the lane in a quarter in his career with Maxi in there.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 4,136

Post#3707 » by ejftw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:46 pm

I agree. With Lively in there, Harden wouldn't have scored once and he would have continued to force it instead of getting a step back open 3 or feeding a wide open Zu a foot from th bucket.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#3708 » by Bob8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Smart part of my brain is telling me that they could have defended Harden a little differently from the beginning of every possession. ;)

Players get in the lane all the time, when you have a rim protector it's not a huge issue. You're pretending it's a coincidence that Harden got the most paints in the lane in a quarter in his career with Maxi in there.

No, if I understood Kidd, it was his plan to let Harden have floaters. :lol:

Let's hope that Mavs wins 2 games by 20 and don't get in situation where Kidd has important role.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,549

Post#3709 » by MrGoat » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:53 pm

Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Harden was much more afraid to try to dribble past Washington when Lively was in which also would have cleared up some defenders to help box him out. Lively is extremely long so he's much more capable of recovering than anybody else the Mavs have, he's the only player that's really bothered Zubac at all this series. There's a reason Harden went into attack mode with Kleber in. Though Kidd doesn't deserve all of the blame, there was one play where Harden had already started yet another drive so early he telegraphed it and Kleber had a chance to step up for a charge but he just sat in the restricted area with his thumb up his ass and did nothing, not even a nominal contest. When he wasn't benched for that I knew we were in trouble

Zu only played 4 minutes in that 4th quarter btw so a lot of the time he wasn't even available as a lob threat. Lue successfully baited Kidd into going small and throwing the game away
Bob8
General Manager

Post#3710 » by Bob8 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:02 am

MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

Harden was much more afraid to try to dribble past Washington when Lively was in which also would have cleared up some defenders to help box him out. Lively is extremely long so he's much more capable of recovering than anybody else the Mavs have, he's the only player that's really bothered Zubac at all this series. There's a reason Harden went into attack mode with Kleber in. Though Kidd doesn't deserve all of the blame, there was one play where Harden had already started yet another drive so early he telegraphed it and Kleber had a chance to step up for a charge but he just sat in the restricted area with his thumb up his ass and did nothing, not even a nominal contest. When he wasn't benched for that I knew we were in trouble

One thing is, when C is making screen and defending C has to be in position to guard pick and makes recovery. In situation with Washington or Luka there is no recovery for Lively, when he has to go out and Zubac is already under the rim. But my point is different, why even let 6 times in a row the best player of opponents to go iso without even pressure him much? They didn't even touch him, except one and1.

Zubac was 5x under the basket. Only when Luka was guarding him once, he wasn't.
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,549

Post#3711 » by MrGoat » Wed May 1, 2024 12:09 am

Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

One thing is, when C is making screen and defending C has to be in position to guard pick and makes recovery. In situation with Washington or Luka there is no recovery for Lively, when he has to go out and Zubac is already under the rim. But my point is different, why even let 6 times in a row the best player of opponents to go iso without even pressure him much? They didn't even touch him all 6 times, except one foul.

Zubac wasn't even in the game during most of Harden's 4th quarter damage. That's why we're ripping on Kidd. Lue baited him into going small and he took the bait
Bob8
General Manager

Post#3712 » by Bob8 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:10 am

MrGoat wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
MrGoat wrote:

One thing is, when C is making screen and defending C has to be in position to guard pick and makes recovery. In situation with Washington or Luka there is no recovery for Lively, when he has to go out and Zubac is already under the rim. But my point is different, why even let 6 times in a row the best player of opponents to go iso without even pressure him much? They didn't even touch him all 6 times, except one foul.

Zubac wasn't even in the game during most of Harden's 4th quarter damage

You might look at video. ;) He was in all 5 floaters in last 5 minutes.

We all agree that Kidd is bad coach. I just believe that his mistake was much bigger than just play the wrong C.
What do you think happens, if they play D like that on Shai?
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3713 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 12:23 am

Read on Twitter
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 89,996

Post#3714 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 1, 2024 12:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote: I'm not worried about Maxi's feelings like you are,

Why are you posting like this lol? Do I think Maxi is crunching this board and feeling better because some random dude is pointing out he's holding his own?

Your need to invent positions to attack is kind of exhausting lol.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 31,041

Post#3715 » by Sofia » Wed May 1, 2024 12:38 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Grazed knees?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#3716 » by Swish77 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:13 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Why are you posting like this lol? Do I think Maxi is crunching this board and feeling better because some random dude is pointing out he's holding his own?

He just wants to argue and bash the team every time something goes wrong he thinks he knows it all and he's never wrong. I guess he should have been a NBA HC since he knows so much lol
PeteyPablo
Rookie
And1: 831

Post#3717 » by PeteyPablo » Wed May 1, 2024 1:14 pm

Ok ladies and gentlemen

Game 5 is today in Los Angeles, CA.

Who ya got ?

Kawhi Leonard , the 2 time NBA finals MVP and champion will sit out.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3718 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 1:26 pm

Swish77 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

He just wants to argue and bash the team every time something goes wrong he thinks he knows it all and he's never wrong. I guess he should have been a NBA HC since he knows so much lol

Almost every one of your posts is doing what you're accusing me of thinking you're right about everything and putting other people down acting like you're the smartest guy in the room even on the Mavs board where we get along except for you and we're supposed to be on the same side instead you attack everyone. You even stopped posting for a few days after I called you out on it yet here you are again starting more drama. Ignore list for you and anyone that just wants to fight.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3719 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 1:29 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:

Maxi doesn't help on the court like you and others think. I was speaking from the Mavs perspective they're playing him out of loyalty over their 2 centers. They did it with Powell for a decade. He's supposed to be this great defender I don't see it, he's supposed to be great for offensive spacing, I don't see Dirk Nowitzki.

Just because I'm a Mavs fan doesn't mean I'm going to be like you and some others "yaay Maxi is great!" "Kidd is great!" "Cuban is great" not happening if I don't feel they're great.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach

Post#3720 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 1, 2024 1:40 pm

PeteyPablo wrote:Ok ladies and gentlemen

Game 5 is today in Los Angeles, CA.

Who ya got ?

Kawhi Leonard , the 2 time NBA finals MVP and champion will sit out.

If Kidd is benching both centers in the 4th again I have to go with the Clippers, not that I have any joy in that. I hoped he would learn his lesson but he says he plans for it to continue.

Return to The General Board