Dynasties May Be Over

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Black star
Junior
And1: 609

Re: Dynasties May Be Over 

Post#81 » by Black star » Tue May 21, 2024 5:21 am

Dynasties are over the same way "THE BIG MAN IS DEAD" from the early 2010s lol
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,716

Post#82 » by Warriorfan » Tue May 21, 2024 7:30 am

OKC only team without draft luck that can be dynasty.

Two superstars a young core on rookie contracts and an owner willing to pay the repeater tax.
Gusto1903
Sixth Man
And1: 2,445

Post#83 » by Gusto1903 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:33 am

I guess, we will have to wait for players to either take team friendly deals again, like the heatles or nowitzki. OR for lucky contracts like the Warriors, with Curry and Klay.

But as long as players demand max contracts without being good (tobias Harris, im looking at your garbage ass), itll be hard for teams to acquire depth for a longer span of time.

Because what teams are doing with no capspace, are all these rental depth players acquired after the trade deadline etc, via buyouts.

With that formula, you cant build a solid core for a dynasty. And if they ballout, they probably would stay with the team, because you cantoffer them a contract.
On the Alperen Sengün hypetrain since 2020
ChartFiction
Starter
And1: 2,810

Post#84 » by ChartFiction » Tue May 21, 2024 8:46 am

OKC looking at their current state, their assets, and their youth can definitely be a dynasty
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,633

Post#85 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 21, 2024 9:11 am

Winning back to backs is harder than ever.

I don't think we will be seeing another team three peat for a very very long time.
doogie_hauser
Rookie
And1: 1,633

Post#86 » by doogie_hauser » Tue May 21, 2024 9:16 am

Special_Puppy wrote:I don’t think the Nuggets losing is very dispositive since they were an unlikely dynasty candidate anyways. Boston and OKC is going to be the true test of whether a team can string together multiple titles relatively quickly

Minnesota can easily have a team that can be contenders for a decade with Ant-Man at the helm.

The Wolves definitely have the potential to win multiple chips over the next 12 plus years.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,209

Post#87 » by garrick » Tue May 21, 2024 9:38 am

First a team needs to draft really well and draft at least one superstar and another star and also have a deep roster with some good veterans playing key roles.

I think the reason there are no dynasty post the KD led Warriors is that there really isn't a team right now that has both a dominant superstar and a elite costar in the same caliber as MJ and Pippen, LBJ and Wade, Curry and KD, Duncan and Kwahi etc etc.
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,586

Post#88 » by itrsteve » Tue May 21, 2024 11:11 am

theFireBlanket wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Giannis wins a title. Bucks are the next dynasty and Giannis will be the GOAT.

Jokic wins the title. Nuggets are the next dynasty and Jokic will be the GOAT.

Whoever wins this championship will get the same treatment.

Crazy how social media changed our view of players. Caitlin Clark was literally the GOAT college basketball player. Now she's 0-3 in the WNBA.

Giannis won a title - Jrue is old, Midleton doesn't have many more prime years, how can they keep this title team and get younger?

Jokic wins a title - Denver lost their bench, can they even contend with this bench?

Man, you're reading the wrote media.

If Boston wins...maybe they will get that treatment. That teams looks so deep and well put together...but I haven't read through their contracts.

They'll need Derrick White to take a discount.

I don't think Boston beats either team ftom WC.

They decided this is their team and ownership is paying. It’s going to be an expensive unit after Tatums contract kicks, but nobody is going to have to take a discount, cap has been passed.
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,328

Post#89 » by tsherkin » Tue May 21, 2024 11:20 am

shi-woo wrote:I never implied that they were, but they sure as hell were the first superteam formed through FA like you quoted :lol:

Ya fair. Definitely missed the "via FA" the first time around. Whoops!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,828

Post#90 » by AussieBuck » Tue May 21, 2024 11:44 am

I dunno who is on the market, but OKC have a stupid amount of money and picks, are young and only need to grab another big and they can be a monster for at least 3-4 years without breaking a sweat.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,418

Post#91 » by Iwasawitness » Tue May 21, 2024 11:46 am

Biff wrote:Lots of parity in the league today but I think Spurs might be next, as long as Wemby stays healthy.

Spurs have ways to go before they get to that point.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
nazario
Freshman
And1: 69

Post#92 » by nazario » Tue May 21, 2024 11:56 am

doogie_hauser wrote:Winning back to backs is harder than ever.

I don't think we will be seeing another team three peat for a very very long time.

No, its not.

Generally the teams that are in the league now isn't as good as the teams from the last decade, so you don't need as good of a team to win. The warriors at at generous 50% of what they were a won a ring, and before this year they had perhaps statistically the hardest road to the championship since the raptors won in 2019.

OKC and the Warriors were drafted teams, and they were genuinely great - no reason that for example the OKC of now should not aspire to be the same with their wealth of assets and already good players.
In fact, Boston is in prime position to do exactly that - go b2b. Weak conference, strong and deep team, and the closest rivals in the conference are injury prone (Giannis and Embiid).

Dont confuse the spread of talent in the league with greatness in the top teams. IMO, many good teams, no great ones in the league per now.

Give me a break, Jamal complaining about being hunted. I guarantee they were not even remotely close to being as hunted as the Heatles or the Warriors were, over multiple years. Talk about lowering the bar for the current teams
Meeksology
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#93 » by Meeksology » Tue May 21, 2024 3:09 pm

Beethoven wrote:Couple of one hit wonders recently (Toronto, denver)... but I do see the Lakers eventually having another dynasty though.

Man. If Kawhi had just stayed for at least one more yr Im confident the Raptors would have gone back 2 back.

Return to The General Board