2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,201

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3) 

Post#6241 » by Optms » Sat May 18, 2024 11:07 pm

vulture wrote:
Optms wrote:Brunson has been the MVP of the post season. He hasn't gotten enough credit on here.

He’s not even top 5 for me. He has 54 ts% in the playoffs.

The team is missing its front court. On the verge of an ECF birth.

He is the MVP.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,024

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 3-3) 

Post#6242 » by Fat » Sat May 18, 2024 11:16 pm

Things I can’t wait for

-pacers to give Siakam a max
-Celtics to lose in ECF or Finals

That’s is all
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,444

Post#6243 » by titlebound1 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:30 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:No its not.. we have the best player between the two teams, and an all-nba, 2x allstar power forward, along with a DPOY-tier Center(when healthy), and some of the absolute best role players in the league, and we're very deep when healthy..

You're insanely underrating a healthy Knicks team. Unfortunately we won't find out this team. :noway:

Yeah Brunson is not a better all around player than Tatum. That is laughable.

Randle is a black hole and a fringe all star at best. The Celtics have 2 all NBA players. An all star level center and 2 all NBA level defensive guards. It's not close

Randle a black hole?

He averaged 5 assists as a PF this year..

Anyways you're clearly unable to be unbiased and have your mind made up so it's not really worth having this back and fourth anyways.

Yes a black hole. And will never, ever be a real difference maker in the NBA.

And you don't need to be unbiased to see that a healthy Knicks are far below a healthy Celtics team. It's pretty obvious
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,444

Post#6244 » by titlebound1 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:celtics do have the best player between us (gap is pretty small between tatum and brunson so you can make an argument for either) but that doesn't mean we can't beat them (fully healthy). we beat the nuggets, timberwolves, heat,dallas .. etc. when we were at full strength. i believe our record was 12-1 when they all played. or 11-1. small sample size but we were dominating. knicks are likely gonna run it back so we'll see how it holds up next year.

yeah we weren't just beating teams, we were blowing out some of the best teams consistently during that stretch. I feel like we beat multiple good teams by 15+ or something like that in that stretch, while playing the leagues best defense.

I disgaree with Tatum being better than Brunson, Brunson's offensive game outweights whatever negative he is on defense, and he isn't THAT much of a negative on defense.

Yeah it was a nice run from a small sample size of games. Boston had a historic year for the entirety of the season and won 3 games by 50+ points. It's cool to be excited about your team...I remember getting hyped about the IT Celtics heading into the 2017 ECF. But then we played the cavs....there are levels. NY isn't there
Ursusamericanus
Veteran
And1: 2,755

Post#6245 » by Ursusamericanus » Sat May 18, 2024 11:52 pm

It's a toss-up IMO, maybe the Knicks by inches.
meh
Junior
And1: 409

Post#6246 » by meh » Sun May 19, 2024 12:44 am

Optms wrote:
vulture wrote:
Optms wrote:Brunson has been the MVP of the post season. He hasn't gotten enough credit on here.

He is the MVP.

By any objective measure he is not the MVP, nor is he top 5.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2024_advanced.html#advanced_stats::ws_per_48
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,194

Post#6247 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun May 19, 2024 2:27 am

meh wrote:
Optms wrote:
vulture wrote:

He is the MVP.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2024_advanced.html#advanced_stats::ws_per_48

so you think derrick white has been better than brunson based on that link? :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,350

Post#6248 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun May 19, 2024 2:57 am

Pacers basically facing a mutilated knicks team.

Hart with an injury. OG gone,Robinson gone,Randle gone

Brunson will have to go off.

Either way Boston will beat the living crap out of both these teams. Knicks because they've got like 70% of their starters injured. Pacers because they have no defense.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 566

Post#6249 » by NiceLikeChrist » Sun May 19, 2024 3:11 am

Oscirus wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:This scheduling is lame as hell too. Why does Denver/minny get 3 days rest between games 2 and 3 and then another 2 days rest between 6 and 7. AND they get to start later too like wth is going on

We’ve been playing every other day with the exception of 2 days rest between 5 and 6. Now we get 1 day off before a 3:30 pm start time for game 7. Even the schedule working against our hobbled ass team.

Denver/ minny got their 3 day rest for game 7, knicks did so for game 6. It's pretty much even

I laid out the exact rest dates as they are.

We never had 3 days rest in this series. Denver minny got 3 days rest between games 2 and 3. Like they literally had 3 days off. And then they get another 2 days off between games 6 and 7.

We’ve played every other day this series with the exception of 2 days rest between games 5 and 6. Denver and minny played game 6 before we played our game 6 but their game 7 is played after ours.

The Denver/minny series has 9 days of rest in the series. We only get 7. The scheduling definitely isn’t in our favor.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,411

Post#6250 » by Capn'O » Sun May 19, 2024 3:17 am

DaGawd wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:At this rate even if we win game 7 I don't know what roster we can even field against the Celtics. :noway:

Yup. While it would be nice to make the ECF I'm a little nervous about what happens if we do.

i’m looking at just making it considering the circumstances to be a win anything else is gravy

Absolutely. I'm gunshy due to all the injuries though.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,560

Post#6251 » by itrsteve » Sun May 19, 2024 3:43 am

Oscirus wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Might be a good argument if the knicks season started in the 1st round of the playoffs unfortunately for your argument it did not

So what’s the exact amount of minutes one can play per game to ensure nobody is ever hurt? You need to share this with the front office asap to ensure a guaranteed finals run.

Get that as a celtics fan that you're loving life because you'll either be feasting on the carcass of the knicks or sleepwalking through another series with the pacers, but cut the bull. There's only 2 coaches in the nba with the running players into the ground problems and the celtics aint one of them. Funny how that works eh?

Remove me as a Celtics fan. If anything I’m happy that The Knicks are relevant again (you can search my post history to back that up).

I’m against the lazy logic that all failures rest on Tibs and the imaginary minute meter. If anything, I respect him as a coach so much and what he’s been able to do in NY.

What I argue with is that the Knicks were a clear championship team coming into this season and playing guys an extra 4-6 minutes per night destroyed their chances. When was the last time NYK has won 7 in a playoff run (and maybe 8 tomorrow)?

Fatigue happens, injury happens. No competitor basks in it. Championships are hard and there’s no direct path there.

Blaming a coach who has been a the helm for the first period of relevancy in a decade of a franchise isn’t an indictment, it’s proof of effectiveness.

If it makes things easy for you, blame the coach. But that franchise hasn’t done jack sh*t without him.
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,562

Post#6252 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 am

titlebound1 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:
Yeah and you're assuming that the Celtics would just continue playing that way as if we haven't seen them play down to competition over and over again.

They're going to smoke the Knicks and NY being healthy wouldn't make the slightest difference. All the try hard talk is cool...but the talent gap is enormous. I truly hope that NY makes it competitive though just for a nice tune up for the finals. Really doubt it though. So I guess we'll just long for hypotheticals

No its not.. we have the best player between the two teams, and an all-nba, 2x allstar power forward, along with a DPOY-tier Center(when healthy), and some of the absolute best role players in the league, and we're very deep when healthy..

You're insanely underrating a healthy Knicks team. Unfortunately we won't find out this team. :noway:

Randle is a black hole and a fringe all star at best. The Celtics have 2 all NBA players. An all star level center and 2 all NBA level defensive guards. It's not close

What’s funny is that Randle has just as many all star appearances as Jaylen Brown and MORE All-NBA selections. He’s definitely better than JB.

I’ll give you Tatum > Brunson, even though the gap isn’t huge.

As for the rest of the talent, OG is an all NBA defensive wing. DPOY level even. Some of the best rebounders in the league in Mitchell Robinson, Josh Hart and Hartenstein. One of the best shooters in the league in Divincenzo.

As seen, there’s starter level talent coming off the bench. It’s no surprise they were blowing teams out consistently when everyone was healthy.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#6253 » by cgf » Sun May 19, 2024 5:44 am

Oscirus wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Might be a good argument if the knicks season started in the 1st round of the playoffs unfortunately for your argument it did not

So what’s the exact amount of minutes one can play per game to ensure nobody is ever hurt? You need to share this with the front office asap to ensure a guaranteed finals run.

Get that as a celtics fan that you're loving life because you'll either be feasting on the carcass of the knicks or sleepwalking through another series with the pacers, but cut the bull. There's only 2 coaches in the nba with the running players into the ground problems and the celtics aint one of them. Funny how that works eh?

…mazulla is worse at using his bench than Thibs…
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#6254 » by cgf » Sun May 19, 2024 5:45 am

titlebound1 wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:

Randle a black hole?

He averaged 5 assists as a PF this year..

Anyways you're clearly unable to be unbiased and have your mind made up so it's not really worth having this back and fourth anyways.

Yes a black hole. And will never, ever be a real difference maker in the NBA.

And you don't need to be unbiased to see that a healthy Knicks are far below a healthy Celtics team. It's pretty obvious

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#6255 » by cgf » Sun May 19, 2024 5:46 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:Pacers basically facing a mutilated knicks team.

Either way Boston will beat the living crap out of both these teams. Knicks because they've got like 70% of their starters injured. Pacers because they have no defense.

Boston is soft and over-rated as a playoff threat.

Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,201

Post#6256 » by Optms » Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 am

meh wrote:
Optms wrote:
vulture wrote:

He is the MVP.

Then what do you chalk up the Knicks success despite missing 3 starters? Is Thibs the greatest coach in history to be doing what he is doing with bums? Cupcake East? Which is it?
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,581

Post#6257 » by SweaterBae » Sun May 19, 2024 5:51 am

cgf wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:Pacers basically facing a mutilated knicks team.

Boston is soft and over-rated as a playoff threat.

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,452

Post#6258 » by Oscirus » Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 am

itrsteve wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
itrsteve wrote:

Remove me as a Celtics fan. If anything I’m happy that The Knicks are relevant again (you can search my post history to back that up).

I’m against the lazy logic that all failures rest on Tibs and the imaginary minute meter. If anything, I respect him as a coach so much and what he’s been able to do in NY.

What I argue with is that the Knicks were a clear championship team coming into this season and playing guys an extra 4-6 minutes per night destroyed their chances. When was the last time NYK has won 7 in a playoff run (and maybe 8 tomorrow)?

Fatigue happens, injury happens. No competitor basks in it. Championships are hard and there’s no direct path there.

Blaming a coach who has been a the helm for the first period of relevancy in a decade of a franchise isn’t an indictment, it’s proof of effectiveness.

If it makes things easy for you, blame the coach. But that franchise hasn’t done jack sh*t without him.

Did I say all the losses were on Thibs? I put these injuries on him. Donte is the only current Knick starter not being held together by bandaids and prayer; if Thibs ain't to blame, then the Knicks need to fire their medical staff because that's just straight-up malpractice.

Brunson brought the Knicks into relevancy; Thibs just happened to be at the helm when it happened. The last time Thibs was this good was on the back of another MVP-caliber PG; I'm sure that's just a coincidence, though.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,005

Post#6259 » by Los_29 » Sun May 19, 2024 7:22 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:This scheduling is lame as hell too. Why does Denver/minny get 3 days rest between games 2 and 3 and then another 2 days rest between 6 and 7. AND they get to start later too like wth is going on

We’ve been playing every other day with the exception of 2 days rest between 5 and 6. Now we get 1 day off before a 3:30 pm start time for game 7. Even the schedule working against our hobbled ass team.

Denver/ minny got their 3 day rest for game 7, knicks did so for game 6. It's pretty much even

I laid out the exact rest dates as they are.

We never had 3 days rest in this series. Denver minny got 3 days rest between games 2 and 3. Like they literally had 3 days off. And then they get another 2 days off between games 6 and 7.

We’ve played every other day this series with the exception of 2 days rest between games 5 and 6. Denver and minny played game 6 before we played our game 6 but their game 7 is played after ours.

The Denver/minny series has 9 days of rest in the series. We only get 7. The scheduling definitely isn’t in our favor.

Didn’t they start their series much earlier? I believe the Nuggets/Wolves series started 2-3 days before all the other ones.
cgf
RealGM

Post#6260 » by cgf » Sun May 19, 2024 8:02 am

Oscirus wrote:
itrsteve wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Get that as a celtics fan that you're loving life because you'll either be feasting on the carcass of the knicks or sleepwalking through another series with the pacers, but cut the bull. There's only 2 coaches in the nba with the running players into the ground problems and the celtics aint one of them. Funny how that works eh?

Did I say all the losses were on Thibs? I put these injuries on him. Donte is the only current Knick starter not being held together by bandaids and prayer; if Thibs ain't to blame, then the Knicks need to fire their medical staff because that's just straight-up malpractice.

Brunson brought the Knicks into relevancy; Thibs just happened to be at the helm when it happened. The last time Thibs was this good was on the back of another MVP-caliber PG; I'm sure that's just a coincidence, though.

The Knicks sacrificed depth for OG, before trying to backfill at the deadline. That was a calculated risk that got blown up be a trio of flukish injuries to our starting front-court putting an excess strain on others.

You can’t blame Thibs or the medical staff for Randle’s shoulder getting dislocated when JJJ tried to draw a charge at the rim. Not can you blame them for OG banging his elbow up, which forced Hart to play crazy minutes. Or For Embiid getting so mad at Mitch that he went full MMA on our rim protector.

That’s some tough luck, at a bad time…before the FO will have had the chance to bolster our depth better this offseason.

And Thibs took a team with Elfrid Payton starting to the playoffs, he & Brunson are great for each other…like Brunson and Randle…but neither one needs the other to be successful.

Return to The General Board