2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

BrianInPhilly
Senior
And1: 787

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4561 » by BrianInPhilly » Sun May 12, 2024 9:58 pm

You play who's in front of you - Have the Pacers benefited from other teams injuries? Yes ... And so has practically every team remaining in the PO's. The healthiest/freshest teams often win in the playoffs - that's nothing new and why teams shouldn't overlook depth & team structure/chemistry to play through guys being banged up.
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,489

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4562 » by ___Rand___ » Sun May 12, 2024 10:01 pm

thelead wrote:My main takeaway: I wonder what OG’s contract is gonna look like? The Knicks can’t let him walk but he can’t be relied upon to play either.

He's getting max money and max length. And he's getting a bigger role in offense. Otherwise Philly will happily take him for the max they can offer. He's a young guy. 26. Coming into his prime.
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,673

Post#4563 » by CoP » Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 pm

BrianInPhilly wrote:You play who's in front of you - Have the Pacers benefited from other teams injuries? Yes ... And so has practically every team remaining in the PO's. The healthiest/freshest teams often win in the playoffs - that's nothing new and why teams shouldn't overlook depth & team structure/chemistry to play through guys being banged up.

It shouldn't be that surprising that the Knicks are seeing injuries. Thibodeau is known for running players into the ground. I think he was named the coach that players would least likely want to play for in that Athletic survey, for exactly this reason.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,965

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4564 » by bisme37 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 pm

Great performance by the Pacers congrats Indy fans!

Knicks fans, sorry your team's health is falling apart. Half the rotation is already out and the other half is down to like one operational limb. I'd be bummed.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,906

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (Series tied 2-2) 

Post#4565 » by Dirk » Sun May 12, 2024 10:03 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
thelead wrote:My main takeaway: I wonder what OG’s contract is gonna look like? The Knicks can’t let him walk but he can’t be relied upon to play either.

He's getting max money and max length. And he's getting a bigger role in offense. Otherwise Philly will happily take him for the max they can offer. He's a young guy. 26. Coming into his prime.

Has he not been injured a lot? Just bad luck or something else?
60/21/10
SweaterBae
Sixth Man
And1: 2,250

Post#4566 » by SweaterBae » Sun May 12, 2024 10:03 pm

BrianInPhilly wrote:You play who's in front of you - Have the Pacers benefited from other teams injuries? Yes ... And so has practically every team remaining in the PO's. The healthiest/freshest teams often win in the playoffs - that's nothing new and why teams shouldn't overlook depth & team structure/chemistry to play through guys being banged up.

Come on now, when 3 of the top 4 scores are out for the season, that's not "banged up". It's not an indictment of NY's depth, in fact we've seen the opposite in these playoffs, they are incredibly deep.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,401

Post#4567 » by Phish Tank » Sun May 12, 2024 10:05 pm

disgusting we got blown out to the enemy - and an INFERIOR team might we say.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#4569 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:09 pm

Phish Tank wrote:disgusting we got blown out to the enemy - and an INFERIOR team might we say.

But …they got Obi Toppin , well known Knicks killer
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#4570 » by Maury2423 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:11 pm

Gurton Buster wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:Hate to say it for Knicks fans but this series could easily have been 3-1 Pacers if not a sweep by them. Hopefully it goes at least six. Just want as much playoff basketball as possible lmao

It has to go 6 lol

But people are assuming the Pacers would’ve scored on that final play in Game 1 but are ignoring that Siakam should’ve fouled out of a tie game with his MMA hold on ihart in the Game 3. Instead the Pacers took a 2 pt lead when Ihart should’ve been at the ft line. Siakam also scored a few players later and played a role in the Pacers getting that late offensive rebound.

I get that you want to play the could’ve/should’ve game about game 1 but we can easily play that same game in game 3.

How about a possession before the ‘kick ball’ where Haliburton had a clean strip on Brunson but they called a foul and negated a 3 on 1 fast break where the pacers had to challenge the call to win the possession but that bogus call negated an automatic 2 points. This was just a few possessions before the fail kick ball call. Knicks fans should NEVER be complaining after the refs completely decided that game 1 based on their incompetence. Missed calls that directly favoured the Knicks and completely dictated the outcome of the game. Please, nobody wants to hear it from y’all. Got NY natives reffing the series :lol:

I’m really not complaining at all, I’ve said numerous times that the road team needs to play through the BS and stfu, so idk man I’m not the one you should be coming at when it comes to complaining lol

I’m literally just saying if you want to play that should’ve/could’ve game, then you have to also mention game 3, that’s all I’m saying.

Game 1, definitely a terrible missed call on the kickball and I even said during game 1 that the Turner foul was horrible. While technically it was a foul, you just don’t call that especially in that moment in the game. So calm down and don’t let your emotions control what you type lol
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4571 » by ___Rand___ » Sun May 12, 2024 10:12 pm

Dirk wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Has he not been injured a lot? Just bad luck or something else?

He does have a history of injury. He's out like 15-20 games a year.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,233

Post#4572 » by stoo » Sun May 12, 2024 10:14 pm

Phish Tank wrote:disgusting we got blown out to the enemy - and an INFERIOR team might we say.

indiana has better offense and had just 3 less wins during the regular season. considering what happened in first 4 games, i wouldn't be so quick calling them inferior
NotSinceWilt
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#4573 » by Wizop » Sun May 12, 2024 10:14 pm

Knicks won 50 and pacers won 47 in the regular season. Head to head was 2-1 in favor of Pacers. That's not a huge difference so inferior seems strong too me.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,871

Post#4574 » by Butch718 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:15 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Knicks aren’t done yet. While I am pessimistic about their chances, this team has fought all year long. Blowout loss may be a blessing, since all the starters will be better rested. I expect them to go balls to the wall in the next couple of games. They won’t go out like bitches.

For what is worth, I still expect you to win this series.

I don’t know about that. :lol:

But I don’t expect them to go down without a fight.

Also, this won’t be the last opportunity for them to get to a conference finals. The core we have is really good. They have all the pieces and picks to upgrade the roster. So whatever happens, I am confident about our future for once.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#4575 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 10:15 pm

Interesting line for Game 5:

Knicks -1.5

If i remember correctly, they were 6 or more points favored in the first two games. But even then, that’s a big shift already and makes me wonder if OG’s injury is *that* serious and Vegas knows already.

Thing is, even at 75% OG this line moves a full point or two so i guess the news on his injury will dictate where this line goes (and basically, the Knicks chance at winning this series)
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,401

Post#4576 » by Phish Tank » Sun May 12, 2024 10:18 pm

stoo wrote:

indiana has better offense and had just 3 less wins during the regular season. considering what happened in first 4 games, i wouldn't be so quick calling them inferior

sure but when it's war, there no conceding anything to the enemy.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#4577 » by Maury2423 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:19 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Interesting line for Game 5:

Knicks -1.5

If i remember correctly, they were 6 or more points favored in the first two games. But even then, that’s a big shift already and makes me wonder if OG’s injury is *that* serious and Vegas knows already.

Thing is, even at 75% OG this line moves a full point or two so i guess the news on his injury will dictate where this line goes (and basically, the Knicks chance at winning this series)

It’s a hamstring, I highly doubt he plays again this yr, no matter how far we go
___Rand___
RealGM

Post#4578 » by ___Rand___ » Sun May 12, 2024 10:22 pm

Knicks -1.5

Yeah we don't know what OG's real injury is. They say it's hammy but I do wonder because he hasn't had a hammy before.
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,476

Post#4579 » by durden_tyler » Sun May 12, 2024 10:23 pm

Maury2423 wrote:

Knicks -1.5

It’s a hamstring, I highly doubt he plays again this yr, no matter how far we go

Ugh, tough for the Knicks then if true. There were reports (not sure how reliable) that Game 5 is when he can return but you could he right that’s why the line is that low.

That said, without OG but back at home, i think we find another resilient effort from the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,871

Post#4580 » by Butch718 » Sun May 12, 2024 10:23 pm

I mean the a knicks didn’t overlook any of this. They just happen to be in an unfortunate situation where 3 rotation players have gone down since the start of the playoffs. If the Pacers were missing Turner, Siakam and another bench piece it could argued the other way around.

But the Pacers can only play who’s in front of them. I agree with that.

It’s just frustrating that as a Knicks fan we only got short stretches of what this team could do at full potential when healthy. And I’m not even gonna include Randle. Just OG, Mitch and Bogi since they were all active at the start of the post season.

That being said, not waiving the white flag yet. This team as currently stands can still beat the Pacers, as evident by games 2 and 3. So I expect a dog fight in the next couple of games. This Knicks core won’t quit.

Return to The General Board