2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (IND WINS 4-3)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Who wins GAME 7 and goes to the ECFs?

Knicks
33%
Pacers
67%

Total votes: 110

The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,643

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4541 » by The High Cyde » Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:Hate to say it for Knicks fans but this series could easily have been 3-1 Pacers if not a sweep by them. Hopefully it goes at least six. Just want as much playoff basketball as possible lmao

It has to go 6 lol

But people are assuming the Pacers would’ve scored on that final play in Game 1 but are ignoring that Siakam should’ve fouled out of a tie game with his MMA hold on ihart in the Game 3. Instead the Pacers took a 2 pt lead when Ihart should’ve been at the ft line. Siakam also scored a few players later and played a role in the Pacers getting that late offensive rebound.

I get that you want to play the could’ve/should’ve game about game 1 but we can easily play that same game in game 3.

Oh sh*t you’re right! I’m sipping on a rum margarita I accidentally made a bit too strong this afternoon lmao my bad, a tad buzzed :lol: well hope it goes seven!

Yeah this series has been close enough it could’ve been either way. Every matched teams, but wished both parties were all healthy, but hey it’s just how she goes.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,239

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs: East Semifinals: #2 New York Knicks vs #6 Indiana Pacers (NYK leads 2-1) 

Post#4542 » by Nuntius » Sun May 12, 2024 9:42 pm

Najeem27 wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Are the Pacers just destined with incredible luck this postseason? No Giannis, a game or two with no Lillard; no Randle or Bogdanovic or Robinson and then Anunoby knocked out. Who will the Celtics be missing????

Not to mention the lucky 3 made at home otherwise it would be 3-0 lol

Alright, I've seen you make the claim that Nembhard's 3 was lucky several times now. But I feel like you're missing the point here. Was Nembhard the guy you expected to make that shot given how he played up until that point? No, he wasn't.

But the dude DID splash the shot. It was all net. You're acting like he threw it off the back-board or something.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,871

Post#4543 » by Butch718 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:45 pm

Knicks aren’t done yet. While I am pessimistic about their chances, this team has fought all year long. Blowout loss may be a blessing, since all the starters will be better rested. I expect them to go balls to the wall in the next couple of games. They won’t go out like bitches.
Maury2423
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,734

Post#4544 » by Maury2423 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:46 pm

Brothers got his tech in, now he can sleep at night
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,932

Post#4545 » by Hoopstar23 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:47 pm

at some point, the Knicks will wear out, and you're starting to see it... Josh Hart 2 points...
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,330

Post#4546 » by KyRo23 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:48 pm

KyRo23 wrote:Why is everyone acting like this is over? I wouldn’t be surprised if NY made this close by half. 20 ain’t nothing

SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 3,052

Post#4547 » by SweetTouch » Sun May 12, 2024 9:48 pm

Haliburton back isn’t hurting tonight

The miracles of medicine
Stop being so disrespectful.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4548 » by Nuntius » Sun May 12, 2024 9:49 pm

Butch718 wrote:Knicks aren’t done yet. While I am pessimistic about their chances, this team has fought all year long. Blowout loss may be a blessing, since all the starters will be better rested. I expect them to go balls to the wall in the next couple of games. They won’t go out like bitches.

For what is worth, I still expect you to win this series.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
10DayContract
Veteran
And1: 2,620

Post#4549 » by 10DayContract » Sun May 12, 2024 9:50 pm

Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:
jowglenn wrote:Are the Pacers just destined with incredible luck this postseason? No Giannis, a game or two with no Lillard; no Randle or Bogdanovic or Robinson and then Anunoby knocked out. Who will the Celtics be missing????

Alright, I've seen you make the claim that Nembhard's 3 was lucky several times now. But I feel like you're missing the point here. Was Nembhard the guy you expected to make that shot given how he played up until that point? No, he wasn't.

But the dude DID splash the shot. It was all net. You're acting like he threw it off the back-board or something.

And even if he did bank it in, so what? WTF is luck anyway? Every game there are hundreds of micro plays that could go either way. What if Brunson's shoe was about to slide on a wet spot, and he avoided it because he just decided to turn? Is that Luck too? What if he slips? Then it's Luck for Indiana?

Pacer won because they were in a position to take the game with under a minute to go. Were they Lucky to even be in that spot? He made the 3, and they won. This is the NBA, all these guys can play. It's not Luck to win a playoff game.
Gurton Buster
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,404

Post#4550 » by Gurton Buster » Sun May 12, 2024 9:50 pm

Maury2423 wrote:
The High Cyde wrote:Hate to say it for Knicks fans but this series could easily have been 3-1 Pacers if not a sweep by them. Hopefully it goes at least six. Just want as much playoff basketball as possible lmao

It has to go 6 lol

But people are assuming the Pacers would’ve scored on that final play in Game 1 but are ignoring that Siakam should’ve fouled out of a tie game with his MMA hold on ihart in the Game 3. Instead the Pacers took a 2 pt lead when Ihart should’ve been at the ft line. Siakam also scored a few players later and played a role in the Pacers getting that late offensive rebound.

I get that you want to play the could’ve/should’ve game about game 1 but we can easily play that same game in game 3.

How about a possession before the ‘kick ball’ where Haliburton had a clean strip on Brunson but they called a foul and negated a 3 on 1 fast break where the pacers had to challenge the call to win the possession but that bogus call negated an automatic 2 points. This was just a few possessions before the fail kick ball call. Knicks fans should NEVER be complaining after the refs completely decided that game 1 based on their incompetence. Missed calls that directly favoured the Knicks and completely dictated the outcome of the game. Please, nobody wants to hear it from y’all. Got NY natives reffing the series :lol:
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,321

Post#4551 » by Chuck Everett » Sun May 12, 2024 9:50 pm

Tony Brothers did give me a good laugh, I have to admit. That "No" to Diakate was just funny. Like bruh, we all just trying to go home tonight.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4552 » by Nuntius » Sun May 12, 2024 9:51 pm

KyRo23 wrote:
KyRo23 wrote:Why is everyone acting like this is over? I wouldn’t be surprised if NY made this close by half. 20 ain’t nothing

To be fair, this is what I expected as well and I'm a Pacers fan. I even and-1'd your post. I'm so glad I was wrong :lol:
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,672

Post#4553 » by CoP » Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

KyRo23 wrote:

Lmao
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4554 » by Nuntius » Sun May 12, 2024 9:53 pm

10DayContract wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
Najeem27 wrote:

And even if he did bank it in, so what? WTF is luck anyway? Every game there hundreds of micro plays that could go either way. What if Brunson's shoe was about to slide on a wet spot, and he avoided it because he just decided to turn? Is that Luck too? What if he slips? Then it's Luck for Indiana?

Pacer won because they were in a position to take the game with under a minute to go. Were they Lucky to even be in that spot? He made the 3, and they won. This is the NBA, all these guys can play. It's not Luck to win a playoff game.

100% agreed.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4555 » by Nuntius » Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 pm

Gurton Buster wrote:
Maury2423 wrote:

It has to go 6 lol

How about a possession before the ‘kick ball’ where Haliburton had a clean strip on Brunson but they called a foul and negated a 3 on 1 fast break where the pacers had to challenge the call to win the possession but that bogus call negated an automatic 2 points. This was just a few possessions before the fail kick ball call. Knicks fans should NEVER be complaining after the refs completely decided that game 1 based on their incompetence. Missed calls that directly favoured the Knicks and completely dictated the outcome of the game. Please, nobody wants to hear it from y’all. Got NY natives reffing the series :lol:

Your name is a play on the Psych character, right?
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
___Rand___
RealGM
And1: 10,488

Post#4556 » by ___Rand___ » Sun May 12, 2024 9:54 pm

SweetTouch wrote:Haliburton back isn’t hurting tonight

The miracles of medicine

Bad backs are like that. If you have had a player with chronic bad back problem, you'll see the unevenness in their performance over a period of time. I watched Lowry play with one for several years.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#4557 » by Wizop » Sun May 12, 2024 9:56 pm

I'm not counting the Knicks out but I can't see them closing the series out in Indy. Pacers in 6 or Knicks in 7.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,447

Post#4558 » by boomershadow » Sun May 12, 2024 9:57 pm

I don't love that the Knicks starters got all this rest.
Cresy06
Junior
And1: 460

Post#4559 » by Cresy06 » Sun May 12, 2024 9:57 pm

Another game with +30 assists for the Pacers
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,966

Post#4560 » by thelead » Sun May 12, 2024 9:58 pm

My main takeaway: I wonder what OG’s contract is gonna look like? The Knicks can’t let him walk but he can’t be relied upon to play either.

Return to The General Board