Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 649

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#421 » by WentzerWuver » Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 am

TOStateofMind wrote:So many awful takes in a single post it’s astounding reading OPs post again
I thought it was utterly foolish when it was posted after game 2 and don't need for the end of game 4 like many here to have a change of heart. I even bet heavy for Denver in game 3 cause of the great odds and follow it up with half of my winnings for game 4. I will be all in for game 5.

I also had the Nuggets sweeping the Lakers but can't win them all.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Post#422 » by Jaqua92 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:13 am

eyeatoma wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.

Absolutely insufferably wrong. What else is new
WemBA Time
Sophomore
And1: 298

Post#423 » by WemBA Time » Mon May 13, 2024 4:20 am

Even if Denver had gotten swept, calling Jokic the 3rd best in the NBA behind Luka and Embiid would have still been a horrible take.
Not a Stan account…yet.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,461

Post#424 » by Woodsanity » Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 am

Where the clowns at?
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 23,006

Post#425 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 am

AleksandarN wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Only Michael Jordan and Shaq have had a better peak than current nikola Jokic. A game 2 loss had the world melting down calling Jokic overrated but beating this **** 4 times is gonna be incredibly hard in a series.

I would not go that far. Jokic is one of the best ever but unless he wins 3 chips back to back I would not go that far as of peak

He can't win 3 during his peak bro...even if you think a peak is 3 years and not 1 year. Nobody has one 3 straight in their best 3 seasons that I can think of. You're maybe thinking prime? Though that still is silly given titles are team things.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,415

Post#426 » by CobraCommander » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 am

Woodsanity wrote:Where the clowns at?

When I said this thread i was angry and frustrated that someone could post this in the mist a 4 year mvp
reign.

But then I thought - how would jokic respond if someone said he was not the best in the world
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,347

Post#427 » by ShootersShoot » Mon May 13, 2024 5:24 am

His averages this past season were 26,12,9 on 65% TS. If you ask me which other players can even plausibly average such a stat line in nba history, its maybe oscar, bird, magic and bron lol. That, that is how freakin good jokic is.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 410

Post#428 » by Mad Guru » Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 am

UglyBugBall wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:
Read on Twitter

And did this without playing with an all star or all nba team mate

Almost feel sorry for the OP.

Meaningless, Murray put up superstar numbers last year in the playoffs. As soon as Jokic doesn't have a Robin, he get wiped out. We've seen it before when he was the 6th seed when Murray went down, and now when he's getting exposed with Murray playing poorly. Great system player, but that's it.

You are a complete joke of an analyst or a bad troll. Crawl back to whatever hole you crawled out of when you decided to make this embarrassment of a thread.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,042

Post#429 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 5:47 am

Mad Guru wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:
jigga_man wrote:
And did this without playing with an all star or all nba team mate

Almost feel sorry for the OP.

Meaningless, Murray put up superstar numbers last year in the playoffs. As soon as Jokic doesn't have a Robin, he get wiped out. We've seen it before when he was the 6th seed when Murray went down, and now when he's getting exposed with Murray playing poorly. Great system player, but that's it.

You are a complete joke of an analyst or a bad troll. Crawl back to whatever hole you crawled out of when you decided to make this embarrassment of a thread.

I love when Trolls get exposed. Were you at Ugly?
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,927

Post#430 » by metalinguss » Mon May 13, 2024 6:14 am

I’ve been rooting for the Wolves but lmao at this thread. Jokic is still the best player in the league and he proved why tonight. Denver also proved why they’re champs. Had they lost either games 3 or 4, they’re done and now they just took back HCA. If he can do this to Gobert, Naz and KAT he’d have a field day vs Chet Holmgren/Gafford and Lively :lol:
Gatorade Sax
Senior
And1: 843

Post#431 » by Gatorade Sax » Mon May 13, 2024 6:25 am

How many Jokic thread have grossly backfired this season so far?

Yet people still make them. Literally the definition of insanity.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,782

Post#432 » by Pachinko_ » Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 am

azcatz11 wrote:Watching that game tonight….that was the easiest 35 I’ve ever seen. He’s like the opposite of Tatum how effortless he plays

Jumping is overrated
Probably running too
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,251

Post#433 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon May 13, 2024 8:26 am

KGDirkTD_Fan wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:

Come November, those clowns will return and start three threads per day on their favorite being better because he's got nice FT percentages.

Can’t wait till Embiid drops 50 against the Hornets in November & the usual suspects scurry out of their holes :lol:

dude is going to drop 50 points against the Pistons 5th pick and we will have podcasters talking up MVP cases

Damn bro, how did we catch a stray here?

Maybe our beast, Jalen Duren beefs up even more and hold Embiid to just 10 flops
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,079

Post#434 » by p0peye » Mon May 13, 2024 8:36 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Watching that game tonight….that was the easiest 35 I’ve ever seen. He’s like the opposite of Tatum how effortless he plays

Jumping is overrated
Probably running too

Jokić can run like a gazelle when he wants too, as long as its a straight line run. Most of the bigs struggle to keep up with him and its how Nuggets frequently kill teams in transition.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,136

Post#435 » by Exp0sed » Mon May 13, 2024 10:53 am

UglyBugBall wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

What is this, are you seriously suggesting Murray isn't a top 30 player now? Come on man, be serious. He's top 20 at worst, with Jokic having multiple other top 40ish players. I'm not going to say the nuggets are the most stacked team in the NBA, but they for sure have one of the top 3 rosters in the NBA and Murray is the best closer in the game. Jokic is a great 40 minute player, but we've seen what he is without Murray for an entire season and now in these playoffs. He's good, but he's not ATG unless you're just Boxscore watching. Sometimes we say players are more than the sum of their parts, like a butler. But Jokic is less than the sum of his parts. The stats are deceiving.

OP, I can't believe ur actually doubling down on of the worst takes in RealGM history haha

fwiw, rs Murray is NOT a top 30 player, period but it'd be hard to argue he isn't a top 30 player in the playoffs, because he is. he's probably right around there tbh. the "closer" argument is absouletly ridicilous because a,) Jokic is a hell of a closer and he proved it over and over in both the rs and the playoffs and B.) Murray plays off Jokic and his immense gravity - put him on the Pistons and let him "close" see where that gets ya

Jokic is the defintion of being "more than the sum of his parts" (or stats), so much of what he does isn't captured in the boxscore, much more so than other superstars, even moreso than his gaudy all-around stats suggest, not to mention his numbers aren't capturing his leadership (on and off the court), his control of the game, directing traffic on both offense and defense. I mean some of it is captured by impact stats obviously but def not in raw stats

the "we've seen what he's like without Murray" is a ridicilous argument and disingenious at that - Jokic not only played that whole season without his #2, he also played without his #3 (MPJ). both happen to be max players, so there was a whole season of two max players sitting on the bench and Jokic carried Campazzo, Austin Rivers and Will Barton almost to 50 wins

the guys who were in the rotation that year (aside from AG) were basically out of the league the next season.
that's not the same as "playing without Murray" now, is it? lmfao :)

p.s, losing the first two games of this series with Murray going something like 3-18 from the field, isn't the same as "playing without Murray" either, it's playing with a huge net negative that is Murray (in those games), that's hardly the same thing

you doubling down on this stupidity is pure entertainment :)
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#436 » by jc23 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:58 am

Woodsanity wrote:Where the clowns at?

fixing their makeup due to all the salty tears.
Be curious, Not judgmental
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,042

Post#437 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 11:01 am

ANT doesn’t think Jokic is overrated

Read on Twitter
_NoMas
Pro Prospect
And1: 947

Post#438 » by _NoMas » Mon May 13, 2024 11:20 am

Chokic wrote:
Stan wrote:Anyone who still argues Embiid over Jokic in 2024 instantly loses all credibility. The guy's a soon to be 3x MVP and had literally one of the greatest playoff runs ever last year, now all the vultures want to come out for his first subpar playoff play in years.

Sports fans in the social media era just suck.

Embiid when fully healthy is better than Jokic fully healthy. He outplays him in head to head majority of the time. And you can also see the huge drop off in sixers play when hes out. His impact on offense and defense can not be undestated. This is very clear to an unbiased non embiid hater. The problem is embiid almost always compromised due to him being injury prone and that's what keeps this comparison close or slight edge towards jokic.

Thanks for your input ‘chokic’
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 6,136

Post#439 » by Exp0sed » Mon May 13, 2024 11:31 am

AleksandarN wrote:ANT doesn’t think Jokic is overrated

Read on Twitter

ANT nailed it tbh, the Nuggets with Jokic constantly with the ball in his hands are very tough to beat becuase he can really do so many different things and if u do make a mistake, he punishes instantly
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,782

Post#440 » by Pachinko_ » Mon May 13, 2024 11:38 am

p0peye wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:

Jumping is overrated
Probably running too

Jokić can run like a gazelle when he wants too, as long as its a straight line run. Most of the bigs struggle to keep up with him and its how Nuggets frequently kill teams in transition.

he's a selective runner :lol:
only when stars align and the culture is just right

Return to The General Board