Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated (NOW YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES)

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

Has Jokic been overrated?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 644

QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Re: Jokic is not the best in the world, and has been heavily overrated 

Post#401 » by QPR » Mon May 13, 2024 2:56 am

Why do people overreact to small sample sizes time and time again?
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,363

Post#402 » by Ritzo » Mon May 13, 2024 2:58 am

OP got paid by Shaq, worth every penny.
KGDirkTD_Fan
Senior
And1: 622

Post#403 » by KGDirkTD_Fan » Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
doogie_hauser wrote:I am just shook OP wasn't a Philly/Embiid stan.

These last two games and series is only adding to Joker and his legacy.

Come November, those clowns will return and start three threads per day on their favorite being better because he's got nice FT percentages.

Can’t wait till Embiid drops 50 against the Hornets in November & the usual suspects scurry out of their holes :lol:

dude is going to drop 50 points against the Pistons 5th pick and we will have podcasters talking up MVP cases
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 9,025

Post#404 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:02 am

AleksandarN wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:And Jokic still hasn’t played his best yet. Best player in the league

Read on Twitter

Weren't you the one who started a thread titled "Jokic isn't HIM" after last game? To be honest, he started really slow again last night, and poured it on after it became a blowout.

Yes because through the first two games of this series he wasn’t playing like him. I have no problems criticizing him when he is playing bad. I will praise when him when he plays great.

Hey HardenASG where you at bro?
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 39,443

Post#405 » by PierceFan4ever » Mon May 13, 2024 3:03 am

Only Michael Jordan and Shaq have had a better peak than current nikola Jokic. A game 2 loss had the world melting down calling Jokic overrated but beating this **** 4 times is gonna be incredibly hard in a series.
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,327

Post#406 » by Sweet Serenity » Mon May 13, 2024 3:03 am

eyeatoma wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.

This is just too good :lol:
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,895

Post#407 » by Jcity08 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 am

Im glad Jokic has been proving people wrong, dude out hustling Gobert & Kat to grab his own board, making baskets against triple teams in the clutch, being the calming/reliable force for his team to be able to comfortably get their own offense going.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#408 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:06 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:Only Michael Jordan and Shaq have had a better peak than current nikola Jokic. A game 2 loss had the world melting down calling Jokic overrated but beating this **** 4 times is gonna be incredibly hard in a series.

I would not go that far. Jokic is one of the best ever but unless he wins 3 chips back to back I would not go that far as of peak
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,555

Post#409 » by azcatz11 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:08 am

Watching that game tonight….that was the easiest 35 I’ve ever seen. He’s like the opposite of Tatum how effortless he plays
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,855

Post#410 » by scrabbarista » Mon May 13, 2024 3:12 am

AleksandarN wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:Only Michael Jordan and Shaq have had a better peak than current nikola Jokic. A game 2 loss had the world melting down calling Jokic overrated but beating this **** 4 times is gonna be incredibly hard in a series.

I would not go that far. Jokic is one of the best ever but unless he wins 3 chips back to back I would not go that far as of peak

I do think last season was the second-best season ever behind '91 Jordan. This season is still up in the air, but I don't imagine Jokic will ever top last year for single-season excellence.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,855

Post#411 » by scrabbarista » Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 am

QPR wrote:Why do people overreact to small sample sizes time and time again?

Because the small sample reinforces their erroneous, preconceived ideas. OP even said as much with his very first sentence.

In truth, it's NOT actually a reaction at all.
Cubbies2120
Head Coach
And1: 8,750

Post#412 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 am

eyeatoma wrote:
UglyBugBall wrote:I've been saying this since his first mvp. He's an incredible system player, but he lacks competitive fire and toughness to be an ATG player. His MVP as a 6 seed will be locked at as THE worst mvp season in history. It'll make the Rose and Nash wins seem unanimous.

Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work. He can't take over without that second punch on the perimeter the way other ATGs could. Now that Murray has been exposed, so has Jokic. What's funny is that those really watching told you this year's ago when he only got the sixth seed without him.

To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him. Last year he took advantage of an injured field, and a weakened conference in a transition year. He had Murray playing like a superstar and to his credit got it done. But his awards don't match his greatness and in a few years everyone will come around to what I'm saying here right now.

100% agree, but social media will hate this take. Hold down the fort, because this is clear as day.

Hey @eyeatoma come join the thread and Hold the L while you're at it. :lol: :lol:
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Post#413 » by lobosloboslobos » Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 am

azcatz11 wrote:Watching that game tonight….that was the easiest 35 I’ve ever seen. He’s like the opposite of Tatum how effortless he plays

I don't think i've ever seen anyone play as effectively yet as chilled and smooth as him. incredible skills to pull it off. long ago bobby orr played hockey a bit like that. just weaved his way through guys like they weren't even there, skating like the wind but never seeming to break a sweat, setting his teammates up endlessly and beautifully. he was the GOAT before Gretzky who was also kind of like that. guys who succeed playing that way are true freaks of nature.
QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,900

Post#414 » by QPR » Mon May 13, 2024 3:22 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Hey @eyeatoma come join the thread and Hold the L while you're at it. :lol: :lol:

He's too busy canning Tatum. Once Boston makes the finals he'll be back in here, unless Denver makes it too
Sweet Serenity
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,327

Post#415 » by Sweet Serenity » Mon May 13, 2024 3:25 am

QPR wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

He's too busy canning Tatum. Once Boston makes the finals he'll be back in here, unless Denver makes it too

Just like Nick Wright, they’re both praying it’s not a Denver v Boston finals :lol:
shi-woo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,722

Post#416 » by shi-woo » Mon May 13, 2024 3:26 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Watching that game tonight….that was the easiest 35 I’ve ever seen. He’s like the opposite of Tatum how effortless he plays

I don't think i've ever seen anyone play as effectively yet as chilled and smooth as him. incredible skills to pull it off. long ago bobby orr played hockey a bit like that. just weaved his way through guys like they weren't even there, skating like the wind but never seeming to break a sweat, setting his teammates up endlessly and beautifully. he was the GOAT before Gretzky who was also kind of like that. guys who succeed playing that way are true freaks of nature.

You're welcome on the Boston board at anytime with this post :lol:
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#417 » by AleksandarN » Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 am

lobosloboslobos wrote:

I actually think Jokic is like Gretzky. Gretzky wasn’t the fastest player but he read the ice like no other insane IQ.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,992

Post#418 » by dhsilv2 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 am

UglyBugBall wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:I never said otherwise? Jokic absolutely elevates his teammates games, he's the most unique center we maybe have ever seen. That doesn't change the fact that Murray has played like an all star in the playoffs for several years (bubble run was even more ridiculous).

As for Donte, he's averaging 18PPG on 56% TS this playoff run. If Done has a great run this season, he will get a lot of credit. That doesn't change Murray has had several great playoff runs. The entire premise of "Jokic hasn't played with all stars" is completely idiotic because Murray has played above what he's played during the regular season. And people are purposely ignoring to gas up an odd statistic. If Murray didn't play like an all star during the PS, Jokic would be like Embiid, a conference virgin. Which is the case for every top player.

You're a great posters and you're not stupid. But this is! Murray has played as well as some guys who were allstars. But he also wasn't one and didn't deserve one because the league is bigger, the talent is better, and he's so inconsistent that Jokic has to make up for his bad play ALL SEASON! So while normal MVP's get to chill and enjoy some regular season games...jokic worked OT. Beyond that there are just way more star level players to the average fan. And Muarray's like of defense just compounds this.

Jokic is carrying an amazingly well built team. But a team that doesn't have a another legit top 30 player. And that's just reality.

What is this, are you seriously suggesting Murray isn't a top 30 player now? Come on man, be serious. He's top 20 at worst, with Jokic having multiple other top 40ish players. I'm not going to say the nuggets are the most stacked team in the NBA, but they for sure have one of the top 3 rosters in the NBA and Murray is the best closer in the game. Jokic is a great 40 minute player, but we've seen what he is without Murray for an entire season and now in these playoffs. He's good, but he's not ATG unless you're just Boxscore watching. Sometimes we say players are more than the sum of their parts, like a butler. But Jokic is less than the sum of his parts. The stats are deceiving.

Murray isn't a top 30 player. He's nothing but a scorer who's inconsistent and streaky. He's at best an average defender. And that Jokic take is just hilarious. And the nuggets roster isnt' top 3. That bench is just bad.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,042

Post#419 » by Plossum » Mon May 13, 2024 3:51 am

Somebody kept all the receipts on these Denver is dead hot takes. :lol:
#LockUpChuck
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,419

Post#420 » by TOStateofMind » Mon May 13, 2024 4:02 am

So many awful takes in a single post it’s astounding reading OPs post again :lol:

Return to The General Board