NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Re: NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC 

Post#221 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Why do people care about the stupid NBA song? You would rather have that over Inside the NBA? Dumbest thing I've ever heard
This....plus it's not going to have the same feel. Announcers will be different from the 90s, graphics of course and I just have a feeling it won't be done right.

Be careful what you wish for

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
bluemj32
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,064

Post#222 » by bluemj32 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:21 pm

Marvin Martian wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bittersweet NBC was great in the 90's. That theme music was my childhood.

I hate that TNT is over. Those dudes are the best thing on tv. We will never laugh at sports without that group together.

Chuck is pretty much 90% of the comedy on TNT, with 10% coming from Shaq.

Ernie and Kenny are forgettable and Shaq is just a douche
Ernie is a legend he and Chuck have made that show what it is ( sprinkle in a little Kenny).

Shaq came on when it was already at its peak

JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,047

Post#223 » by JustBuzzin » Sat May 18, 2024 8:24 pm

bluemj32 wrote:
Marvin Martian wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Bittersweet NBC was great in the 90's. That theme music was my childhood.

I hate that TNT is over. Those dudes are the best thing on tv. We will never laugh at sports without that group together.

Chuck is pretty much 90% of the comedy on TNT, with 10% coming from Shaq.

Ernie and Kenny are forgettable and Shaq is just a douche
Ernie is a legend he and Chuck have made that show what it is ( sprinkle in a little Kenny).

Shaq came on when it was already at its peak

They all make the show tbh.

One doesn't work without the other. I have seen a show with Ernie and a bunch of fill ins. It's not the same without the group together. Same when someone fills in for Ernie just not the same vibe.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,508

Post#224 » by boomershadow » Sat May 18, 2024 8:41 pm

I don't absolutely despise Shaq/Chuck/Ernie/Kenny, but I won't miss it that much either.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,296

Post#225 » by John Murdoch » Sat May 18, 2024 8:50 pm

If Amazon was smart they would implemate a redzone copycat..would def checkout when lakers not playing
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 17,201

Post#226 » by Optms » Sat May 18, 2024 8:59 pm

bluemj32 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:Why do people care about the stupid NBA song? You would rather have that over Inside the NBA? Dumbest thing I've ever heard
This....plus it's not going to have the same feel. Announcers will be different from the 90s, graphics of course and I just have a feeling it won't be done right.

You may be 100 percent right. Or, it could be done right and be amazing. We really won't know until we see it in action.

One thing is for sure, ESPN can go F themselves. Trash company.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,972

Post#227 » by Anticon » Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 pm

Remember Inside the NBA is going to be the Draymond show soon. I'm good with that stopping.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#228 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 18, 2024 10:06 pm

bluemj32 wrote:

Its way more than just the song.. the presentation from NBA on NBC was announced like gladiators about to go to battle, like it was almost life or death situations.. the way it was presented as serious and everything was very cool. Compared to ESPN/TNT now where its been good but much less serious, I just found the NBC presentation style much cooler and more appropriate come playoff time. Maybe TNT is better and more entertaining for regular season though.

Look how its treated way more serious..
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,190

Post#229 » by Kent » Sun May 19, 2024 1:44 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:

Its way more than just the song.. the presentation from NBA on NBC was announced like gladiators about to go to battle, like it was almost life or death situations.. the way it was presented as serious and everything was very cool. Compared to ESPN/TNT now where its been good but much less serious, I just found the NBC presentation style much cooler and more appropriate come playoff time. Maybe TNT is better and more entertaining for regular season though.

And what if NBC, should they secure the contract, DOESN'T execute the same presentation buildup seen in the 90s?

What then?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 387

Post#230 » by WentzerWuver » Sun May 19, 2024 1:52 am

John Murdoch wrote:If Amazon was smart they would implemate a redzone copycat..would def checkout when lakers not playing
RedZone is licensed by the NFL, I doubt Amazon wants to pay millions for that format.
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 953

Post#231 » by dk1115 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:56 am

Can they retro the intro if they do?
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 14,084

Post#232 » by jfs1000d » Sun May 19, 2024 2:03 am

NBC Sports is good. Sick of ESPN, so sad, but they just don’t do a good job with NBA.

Wish ESPN lost the NBA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#233 » by Im Coming Home » Sun May 19, 2024 2:23 am

Kent wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:This....plus it's not going to have the same feel. Announcers will be different from the 90s, graphics of course and I just have a feeling it won't be done right.

And what if NBC, should they secure the contract, DOESN'T execute the same presentation buildup seen in the 90s?

What then?

Then it'll be disappointing. But they haven't had the chance in a long time, so I'm open to it. Tbh I wish ESPN lost it and TNT kept it, or they split it even further like someone was suggesting and let NBC get weekend games or something.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,594

Post#234 » by lonzo_pelota » Sun May 19, 2024 2:51 am

Is Bob Costas coming back he's only 72? and what about Marv Albert he's a spry 82.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 926

Post#235 » by SportsGuru08 » Sun May 19, 2024 2:58 am

Kent wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
bluemj32 wrote:This....plus it's not going to have the same feel. Announcers will be different from the 90s, graphics of course and I just have a feeling it won't be done right.

What then?

Sure there's a chance it won't be as good as it was in the 90s. That said, they've always taken the Sunday Night Football game seriously and they're handling of the NHL was also pretty good.

I see no reason to think they'll half-ass the NBA if they get it back
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#236 » by Rainwater » Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:Is Bob Costas coming back he's only 72? and what about Marv Albert he's a spry 82.

Bring them all back, that 90s nostalgia is what they want, lol. It will be a nursing home, lol.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,594

Post#237 » by lonzo_pelota » Sun May 19, 2024 3:09 am

Rainwater wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:Is Bob Costas coming back he's only 72? and what about Marv Albert he's a spry 82.

Bring them all back, that 90s nostalgia is what they want, lol. It will be a nursing home, lol.

John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,296

Post#238 » by John Murdoch » Sun May 19, 2024 8:53 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:If Amazon was smart they would implemate a redzone copycat..would def checkout when lakers not playing
RedZone is licensed by the NFL, I doubt Amazon wants to pay millions for that format.

They own the format across a different sport?
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 15,199

Post#239 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 pm

Just buy league pass. It’s perfect and you can control what you want to watch. Also cheap as hell. Best value in sports/entertainment/live TV. Nothing comes close to league pass.
JustBuzzin
General Manager
And1: 7,047

Post#240 » by JustBuzzin » Sun May 19, 2024 9:07 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:

Just buy league pass. It’s perfect and you can control what you want to watch. Also cheap as hell. Best value in sports/entertainment/live TV. Nothing comes close to league pass.
My friend you are sadly mistaking.

What if I told you I could watch any game for free would you believe me?

The only downside is the game may be lagging in real time. If you can deal with the delay then streams are free and stress free. :D

Whoever said nothing in life is free lied. 8-)

Return to The General Board