NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

The Servant
Senior
And1: 718

Re: NBA on verge of leaving TNT, signing with NBC 

Post#201 » by The Servant » Sat May 18, 2024 1:11 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:At least something good came out of tonight after the epic Mavs choke.

I'd like to see NBC hire Chuck, and I'll miss Ernie.

Kenny, Shaq, Jamal -- good riddance. Finally.

We've had two unserious networks covering the league and that needs to stop. ESPN is a disaster and Shaq's absurd Jokic MVP interview is a good snapshot of how far ITNBA has fallen.

If NBC can bring some professionalism back, I welcome them. Who they hire will be critical.

NBC will finally bring that professionalism back where it belongs by starting with a new opening theme for the NBA via late night games.

https://youtu.be/RlsllGp4Q7c?si=y5UUc1odntkkT2P3

All the professional shows lack personality and are boring. Chuck, EJ, Franklin the Turtle and Snaq are entertaining af. Like listening to a bunch of bros shoot the **** and the ratings don't lie.
SportsGuru08
Rookie
And1: 926

Post#202 » by SportsGuru08 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:45 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
Rainwater wrote:lol I think people just want NBC back just for the nostalgia. Hopefully they bring back the theme song, Bob Costa, and Hannah Storm and they give people that same feeling from when they were a child because if not people will be upset. It will just be a bad sequel, lol.
How dare you not bring up Josh Tesh by name as his ties to the NBA on NBC is legendary over anyone else.

https://youtu.be/Cg840aTb6Os?si=fZOXlqdoGQ3bKmcn

That tune is legendary but in more recent years, I've come to associate it with a YouTube s**poster

;pp=ygUYdXJpbmF0aW5nIHRyZWUgdGFuayBib3ds
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,107

Post#203 » by Shock Defeat » Sat May 18, 2024 1:57 am

People really act like a post game show is that important lol. EJ can easily create a podcast with all the guys and make more $$$ and all of them would have better hours than they have now.
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#204 » by Jimmy Recard » Sat May 18, 2024 2:23 am

If this means not having to see Draymond’s ugly mug on my tv again then I’m ok with it. Shaq sucks too.
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,695

Post#205 » by KingFox » Sat May 18, 2024 2:39 am

ESPN/ABC are God awful
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 7,041

Post#206 » by LakerLegend » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 am

NBA should just create a 4th package.

ESPN's crappy coverage on Mondays and Wednesdays.

TNT Tuesdays and Thursdays.

NBC Saturdays and Sundays.

Amazon Fridays and random games through the week.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#207 » by Rainwater » Sat May 18, 2024 3:00 am

LakerLegend wrote:NBA should just create a 4th package.

That sounds like a great idea
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer
And1: 388

Post#208 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 18, 2024 3:20 am

hippesthippo wrote:Man, I was loving watching the NBA and Inside the NBA on MAX. I have no idea how TNT is affiliated with MAX, but between that and the ABC games, I've been able to watch pretty much every game I've wanted to.

It would be nice to have more OTA games, but NBC's streaming service, Peacock, is by far the worst of the major ones. The only reason I have it is because my internet provider added it on for free like... 2 years ago.

Still, I have no way of legally watching the TNT channel itself, so this doesn't bother me too much either way. More OTA games would be awesome.

The only issue is what happens to Inside the NBA. Can NBC just buy the rights to the show? Or at least EJ, Chuck, and Kenny? **** Shaq.

I just want some decent in game commentators. Everyone's play-by-play/color combo these days is awful. Doris Burke may be the absolute worst.
As far as apps goes, NBC is much better than TNT outdated streaming platform app. Most people watch TNT as part of their TV cable stations.

I wasn't aware TNT can be streamed from Max formally HBO which has the best streaming platform imo.
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer

Post#209 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 18, 2024 3:26 am

Maybe NBA should keep it for themselves and offer it as part of their league pass charging 139 per month, still a bargain compare to tix to attend one game.

Can't believe fans are whining to pay like 10 bucks per month to stream on NBC which is the cost of a big mac combo.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#210 » by jc23 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:56 pm

I value Inside the Nba more then i do most teams or players. Losing that show cuts my interest in the league by about 30%.
Be curious, Not judgmental
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,378

Post#211 » by hippesthippo » Sat May 18, 2024 2:01 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:Man, I was loving watching the NBA and Inside the NBA on MAX. I have no idea how TNT is affiliated with MAX, but between that and the ABC games, I've been able to watch pretty much every game I've wanted to.

It would be nice to have more OTA games, but NBC's streaming service, Peacock, is by far the worst of the major ones. The only reason I have it is because my internet provider added it on for free like... 2 years ago.

Still, I have no way of legally watching the TNT channel itself, so this doesn't bother me too much either way. More OTA games would be awesome.

The only issue is what happens to Inside the NBA. Can NBC just buy the rights to the show? Or at least EJ, Chuck, and Kenny? **** Shaq.

I just want some decent in game commentators. Everyone's play-by-play/color combo these days is awful. Doris Burke may be the absolute worst.
As far as apps goes, NBC is much better than TNT outdated streaming platform app. Most people watch TNT as part of their TV cable stations.

I wasn't aware TNT can be streamed from Max formally HBO which has the best streaming platform imo.

Not all of it, just the NBA stuff. It started this season.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,408

Post#212 » by shrink » Sat May 18, 2024 2:17 pm

I think “Inside the NBA” has just gotten worse with every new person they’ve put on it.

Ernie Johnson: Likable moderator
Kenny Smith: Likable knowledge
Charles Barkley: Likable outspoken humor.

Shaquille O’Neal: Dislikable troll
Draymond Green: Dislikable human being.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,076

Post#213 » by Ducklett » Sat May 18, 2024 3:23 pm

jc23 wrote:I value Inside the Nba more then i do most teams or players. Losing that show cuts my interest in the league by about 30%.

Shaqtin a fool is how I get my friends to care about basketball when it isn't the playoffs. I am not sure people on here know how important the cult of personality is when it comes to getting regular people to care about the sport.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,299

Post#214 » by Dan33185 » Sat May 18, 2024 6:16 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:

Maybe NBA should keep it for themselves and offer it as part of their league pass charging 139 per month, still a bargain compare to tix to attend one game.

Can't believe fans are whining to pay like 10 bucks per month to stream on NBC which is the cost of a big mac combo.

I think it's more that it's another 10 bucks per month on top of already paying for multiple streaming services to watch other sports, tv, etc. At this point, cable and streaming have become almost the same price, when the appeal of "cutting the cord" was supposed to be saving money. It doesn't matter to me personally, I will find a way to watch whatever games I want for free, but some people are either opposed to doing that, or don't know how.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,009

Post#215 » by RHODEY » Sat May 18, 2024 6:29 pm

shrink wrote:I think “Inside the NBA” has just gotten worse with every new person they’ve put on it.

You nailed it. Shaq mumbles and hasn't uttered an insightful comment since he arrived.
WentzerWuver
Bench Warmer

Post#216 » by WentzerWuver » Sat May 18, 2024 6:33 pm

Dan33185 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:

I think it's more that it's another 10 bucks per month on top of already paying for multiple streaming services to watch other sports, tv, etc. At this point, cable and streaming have become almost the same price, when the appeal of "cutting the cord" was supposed to be saving money. It doesn't matter to me personally, I will find a way to watch whatever games I want for free, but some people are either opposed to doing that, or don't know how.
I understand but you don't have any problems spending 10 bucks for a single MCD combo? Let me know if there is a hack to get free meals.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 11,027

Post#217 » by jc23 » Sat May 18, 2024 6:45 pm

RHODEY wrote:
shrink wrote:I think “Inside the NBA” has just gotten worse with every new person they’ve put on it.

You nailed it. Shaq mumbles and hasn't uttered an insightful comment since he arrived.

its supposed to be 1-2-3 not 1-2-1.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Blame Rasho
On Leave
And1: 8,494

Post#218 » by Blame Rasho » Sat May 18, 2024 6:59 pm

There is a reason why everyone tries and fails to be like them. They have chemistry. The closest person that has like EJ aura is ummm Kate Abdo when she covers soccer.
LaLover11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,099

Post#219 » by LaLover11 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:23 pm

Why doesn't league pass just bring in the crew and charge a bit more a month
Bronny will become Murray 2.0
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,299

Post#220 » by Dan33185 » Sat May 18, 2024 7:53 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:Maybe NBA should keep it for themselves and offer it as part of their league pass charging 139 per month, still a bargain compare to tix to attend one game.

I understand but you don't have any problems spending 10 bucks for a single MCD combo? Let me know if there is a hack to get free meals.

1. Point out where I said that
2. Are you really comparing buying food (necessary to survive) to watching a sporting event?
3. There are plenty of hacks to get cheap food: rewards programs, coupons, etc.
4. Who are you or me to judge what is important to someone else's life?

Return to The General Board