Should Heat be taken off National TV? (merged threads)

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

exkonvict
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#21 » by exkonvict » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm

no. i want to see shaq play.
a-rod
Assistant Coach
And1: 21

Post#22 » by a-rod » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:35 pm

scottyo50 wrote:it sucks, because in australia we get a select few games a week. and most of them include the heat. its painful.

cept the game between the hear and the wolves, where the wolves won. we got that game. i was the happiest id been in years. it was a thing of beauty. win 5 :)
why don't you the wolves online?

I'm International fan like you and i watch the kings online.
pillwenney wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:No thanks to Deng. I read a rumor surfing hoopshype awhile back saying Gay for Reke is a possibility.

Must be true, if it's a rumor you read on Hoopshype.
:rofl:
Papercut
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Papercut » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:36 pm

Yeah I love watching Shaq get outplayed by Ilgauskas. It's a dream come true.

But really teams like Portland, Atlanta, Lakers, New Orleans are much more entertaining to watch than one-trick ponies like Cleveland and Miami. The league shows these boring one-dimensional teams several times a week and wonder why football is so much more popular. :roll:
dflash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 157

Post#24 » by dflash3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Please please remove national games and let the Heat suffer in privacy as opposed to having it exposed to the entire nation.
Number34
Analyst

Post#25 » by Number34 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm sure its not hard to change the channel, especially with the invention of the remote.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#26 » by NetsForce » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 pm

I don't know to be honest I love watching D-Wade put on these amazing scoring performances and single handidly lead his team to a win...

Just kidding, let the Heat suffer in peace. Not even the D-Whistle can salvage this season for them.
HeatInOhio
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#27 » by HeatInOhio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Idunkonyou2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The Heat have nothing but trash to offer unless you mean trading Wade for some talent back because that is the only trade that will get them something useful. Of course that isn't going to happen so the Heat are screwed for at least 2 more years and maybe even longer if Wade gets tired of losing and decides to leave.

Maybe, maybe not. A Rose or Beasley in the draft and a healthy Wade could definately help turn things around. We've also got a good amount of expiring deals this year but I doubt Riley is allowed to get anything decent w/ them due to the tax. But losing could change Arison's position on that, who knows. Shaq's contract is the largest obsticle now but that doesn't mean with a stroke of draft luck, better health and other fortunate occurances can turn things around...

but in the meantime, we suck.
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#28 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:56 pm

More team-related intentions need to be the reason games are on.

Suns
Lakers (not Kobe world anymore)
Spurs
Mavs
Blazers
Warriors (why aren't these guys on more? they're legit now)
Jazz (not playing like last year (yet), but still are solid and play as a team, fun to watch)
Celtics
Pistons
Hawks (a bit, just to get a look) (yeah, they're decent, and have a deep roster of talent and exciting players)
Magic (more)
Rockets (I think not quite as much, though)
Toronto (some)
Hornets (these guys should get on more)
Nets (maybe a little less, but I guess they're okay)
Wizards (more)
Bulls (less to an extent)

Less Cleveland (aside from LeBron, the Cavs go against everything that is enjoyed/wanted).

No Miami until they're solid again, but realistically they'd still get a few games just because of Wade/Shaq, and so people can talk about stuff during the games.

Denver should still get on a bunch, but I don't know about as much as so, because they don't play consistently as a team.

Less Seattle (small amount of games, until they're more legit).
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Milkdud
RealGM
And1: 137

Post#29 » by Milkdud » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:59 pm

I really could do without seeing a Heat or Cavs game this whole year.

I really wish I could see some Hornets, G-State and Raptor games on the old national TV.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#30 » by Ballings7 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:28 pm

Number34 wrote:I'm sure its not hard to change the channel, especially with the invention of the remote.

I don't think that's the main thing for people. I think it's just the fact they get on so much, when they just don't deserve to be.
ljp24
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#31 » by ljp24 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:44 pm

You guys are insane. Wade and Lebron are the most marketable players in the game.
Ballings7
RealGM

Post#32 » by Ballings7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:11 am

The Cavs and Heat don't deserve to get on cable/nat. TV as much as they do (each to different lesser amounts). That's obvious.
kandiking
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by kandiking » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:16 am

b-b-bub-b-b- but they have shaq!
Vindicater wrote:KWSN-Men is by far my favourite poster on realgm. He just takes so much punishment and just keeps coming back for more.
Sub-Zero
Sophomore

Post#34 » by Sub-Zero » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:19 am

The heat are embarassing and the NBA putting them on tv is even more embarassing, give the blazers, hornets, warriors and raptors some nationally televised games no more heat or bulls or cavs
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#35 » by The Notic » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:40 am

BeanTownRockets wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I'm with you. If the Cavs, Heat and Spurs are on TV. I simple don't watch.

I had to re-read this statement like 4 or 5 times to fully grasp the idea of those 3 teams being on the same level in terms of entertainment value.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#36 » by andrewww » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:42 am

the nba is about marketing and what sells, and to a MUCH lesser extent, winning. wade/shaq and lebron are 'stars', so the nba likes to put a combination of teams that sell..either by winning and/or star power. why else would solid teams like toronto, new orleans, etc get so little to no national tv coverage while garbage teams like miami or boring teams like the cavs get on nat'l tv all the time?
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#37 » by D-Wade » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:20 am

NBA League Pass is cheap as hell; I don't see the concern.

But I do actually agree in a sense since ESPN/TNT/ABC = HD.

Miami, Cleveland, & Denver *ALL* need to be taken off.
D-Wade
Banned User

Post#38 » by D-Wade » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 am

Ohhhhh and PLEASE take Seattle off.

I have no interest in watching Kevin Durant chuck.
J~Rush
Head Coach
And1: 28

Post#39 » by J~Rush » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:27 am

The Cavs and Heat are soooo boring to watch. If they weren't one man shows it might be better.
e
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#40 » by TheOUTLAW » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:47 am

andrewww wrote:the nba is about marketing and what sells, and to a MUCH lesser extent, winning. wade/shaq and lebron are 'stars', so the nba likes to put a combination of teams that sell..either by winning and/or star power. why else would solid teams like toronto, new orleans, etc get so little to no national tv coverage while garbage teams like miami or boring teams like the cavs get on nat'l tv all the time?

The Cavs and Miami go back to them being in the same draft and of course the legendary game a couple years ago when both LeBron and Wade went bananas in the 4th quarter. They are looking for those types of performances again. Not to mention, nobody knew that the Heat would be this bad this year.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to The General Board