Nuggets - Wolves Game 6 was historic

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,299

Re: Nuggets - Wolves Game 6 was historic 

Post#21 » by Dan33185 » Fri May 17, 2024 10:49 pm

BadWolf wrote:You have to win game 7 for it to matter at all.
Either way, not important.

People here just make me chuckle sometimes.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,208

Post#22 » by KodiakBear » Fri May 17, 2024 10:57 pm

Dan33185 wrote:

I mean it is true. Nobody will care about that game if Denver wins game 7. Nobodycares that Memphis destroyed GSW in what was almost a 50 pt blowout in 22 because Golden State won the next game and won the championship.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,299

Post#23 » by Dan33185 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 pm

KodiakBear wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:

I mean it is true. Nobody will care about that game if Denver wins game 7. Nobodycares that Memphis destroyed GSW in what was almost a 50 pt blowout in 22 because Golden State won the next game and won the championship.

I agree...but that's not either way, it's if they win. It was important to MN because it literally kept their season going, so not sure how "either way, not important" applies here.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,378

Post#24 » by hippesthippo » Fri May 17, 2024 11:50 pm

JustBuzzin wrote:
vxmike wrote:
hippesthippo wrote:I turned it off when they were down 30 in the 4th with like 7 minutes left. It looked like Malone was gonna pull the starters, did that contribute?

Murrary has never been a guy with a great first step, tends to need a screen, but he has zero explosion or lift right now. He never stood a chance against Alexander-Walker and McDaniels... both are skinny enough to slip over screens and long enough to completely engulf him.

Jokic gonna have to put up a 40/20/10 game to win.

Denver just has zero depth. They should trade MPJ who isn’t really a difference maker and try t break up his contract into multiple rotation guys.

This Denver talk is confusing.

When they win they are the next dynasty.

When they lose they need to break the team up.

Last time I checked they were the favorites to win it all for the 2nd straight season. Nobody said it was going to be easy.

Trading MPJ isn't going to fetch much in return. Not a lot of teams are looking for injury prone guys on contracts like his that can't dribble.

Better to keep him, he's a great fit on the team. There are plenty of other ways to add depth.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,406

Post#25 » by shrink » Sat May 18, 2024 3:01 am

Dan33185 wrote:
KodiakBear wrote:I mean it is true. Nobody will care about that game if Denver wins game 7. Nobodycares that Memphis destroyed GSW in what was almost a 50 pt blowout in 22 because Golden State won the next game and won the championship.

i agree...but that's not either way, it's if they win. It was important to MN because it literally kept their season going, so not sure how "either way, not important" applies here.

I think it would be important to the Wolves even if they lose Game 7.

Imagine that in Game 6, it’s DEN that wins by 45, and MIN is eliminated. Going into the off-season, people would say the MIN’s first two wins were a fluke, and DEN is simply a different quality team. I think the goal this season was to try to get past the first round, but if they looked clearly inferior to the Nuggets, perhaps MIN (who’s about to become very expensive), decides they need to dump a major piece or two, since they aren’t competitive. And just as importantly, four straight losses would have eaten at Ant, and maybe slowed his rate of growth.

In my view, Game 6 was a game DEN could afford to lose, and MIN could not. Neither team wants to lose Game 7 and be eliminated, but I think a loss would be harder on the Nuggets, with their team’s higher aspirations.
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,763

Post#26 » by GeorgeSears » Sat May 18, 2024 3:08 am

shrink wrote:
Dan33185 wrote:
KodiakBear wrote:I mean it is true. Nobody will care about that game if Denver wins game 7. Nobodycares that Memphis destroyed GSW in what was almost a 50 pt blowout in 22 because Golden State won the next game and won the championship.

i agree...but that's not either way, it's if they win. It was important to MN because it literally kept their season going, so not sure how "either way, not important" applies here.

I think it would be important to the Wolves even if they lose Game 7.

Imagine that in Game 6, it’s DEN that wins by 45, and MIN is eliminated. Going into the off-season, people would say the first two games were a fluke, and DEN is simply a different quality team. I think the goal this season was to try to get past the first round, but if they looked clearly inferior to the Nuggets, perhaps MIN (who’s about to become very expensive), decides they need to dump a major piece or two, since they aren’t competitive. And just as importantly, four straight losses would have eaten at Ant, and maybe slowed his rate of growth.

I agree. Game 6 was validation that the TWolves have something, it proved Tim Connelly's plan hasn't been a failure and that he knew what he was doing when he assembled the roster. Winning the series would obviously be further validation, but it's still been a success.

I also think that the Nuggets responding the way they did after game 2 was validation for Calvin Booth. Had they gotten swept, or lost in 5 games, there's no question there would be massive changes to the roster. Now, if they lose this series, they can look back and say they're only a piece away.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,698

Post#27 » by Jaqua92 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:32 am

Ssj16 wrote:
Impuniti wrote:If they win next game, it won't matter. It'll only look like a huge joke if Minny somehow end up winning game 7. I'm expecting Denver to close this out with Jokic putting an all time elite performance though, they can't touch him.

Agreed. Looking at the final score and the stat sheet, that's a very embarrassing loss and i figure it could be some type of record. But many of the greats have had their teams waxed throughout the playoffs and it's not even a footnote if their team pulls out the series and especially if they win the championship.

LeBron was blown out by 36 in quite literally his individual peak season and playoff run against the Spurs.

He won the chip that year. This series is a bit Different. It's only a series because Denver came out flat to start the first quarter of the series, and they also quit in game 6 when the 3s weren't falling. A bit of effort was the difference between a 5 game series and a 7 game series

This will ultimately turn out to be meaningless
pontius
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,144

Post#28 » by pontius » Mon May 20, 2024 7:26 am

We can add the largest blown lead in Game 7 in playoffs history to the Game 6 performance. :lol:
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,514

Post#29 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 am

Impuniti wrote:If they win next game, it won't matter. It'll only look like a huge joke if Minny somehow end up winning game 7. I'm expecting Denver to close this out with Jokic putting an all time elite performance though, they can't touch him.

Huge joke I guess? Lol
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,514

Post#30 » by Onlytimewilltel » Mon May 20, 2024 7:31 am

Jaqua92 wrote:
Ssj16 wrote:

Agreed. Looking at the final score and the stat sheet, that's a very embarrassing loss and i figure it could be some type of record. But many of the greats have had their teams waxed throughout the playoffs and it's not even a footnote if their team pulls out the series and especially if they win the championship.

LeBron was blown out by 36 in quite literally his individual peak season and playoff run against the Spurs.

He won the chip that year. This series is a bit Different. It's only a series because Denver came out flat to start the first quarter of the series, and they also quit in game 6 when the 3s weren't falling. A bit of effort was the difference between a 5 game series and a 7 game series

This will ultimately turn out to be meaningless

:lol:

Return to The General Board