Not sure anyone can beat Denver

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Denver back to back?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 204

jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,609

Re: Not sure anyone can beat Denver 

Post#181 » by jokeboy86 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:01 am

I get they’re young but why is everyone (including talking heads) just outright dismissing OKC this year? Not just as a team that can possibly beat Denver but winning it all this year? I keep hearing people say maybe next year or in two years but why not now? I still have the Nuggets winning it all but OKC seemed to be the only team that was giving them fits and not just Denver but everybody.
AIfan3
Head Coach
And1: 3,727

Post#182 » by AIfan3 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 5:23 am

I think the West is wide open. Wouldn't surprise me if the Clips or Suns come out. Den definitely the favorite though.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,980

Post#183 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:00 am

jokeboy86 wrote:I get they’re young but why is everyone (including talking heads) just outright dismissing OKC this year? Not just as a team that can possibly beat Denver but winning it all this year? I keep hearing people say maybe next year or in two years but why not now? I still have the Nuggets winning it all but OKC seemed to be the only team that was giving them fits and not just Denver but everybody.

Because it would be pretty much unprecedented. There has never been a young team that won it in the first (!) year they were great, relying solely on 25 and under players. But correct me if I'm wrong. Was there ever a team like that?
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,368

Post#184 » by Ritzo » Sat May 4, 2024 6:54 am

People never learn, never trust the Clippers franchise.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,344

Post#185 » by yellowknifer » Sat May 4, 2024 7:25 am

Ritzo wrote:People never learn, never trust the Clippers franchise.

In this case the health of the team. Predictable unfortunately.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,127

Post#186 » by ChipotleWest » Sat May 4, 2024 7:38 am

If they run this gauntlet of Minnesota, OKC or Dallas and then likely Boston, they run the league now. I just have a feeling they're not going to make it through. Not that they couldn't come back and win the championship next year, but I just have a feeling they won't win this one. Could be wrong.
Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 586

Post#187 » by Gregoire » Sat May 4, 2024 7:40 am

Minny and Boston could.
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them.
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan
AEnigma wrote:
Jordan is not as smart a help defender as Kidd
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,235

Post#188 » by stoo » Sat May 4, 2024 7:50 am

ChipotleWest wrote:If they run this gauntlet of Minnesota, OKC or Dallas and then likely Boston, they run the league now. I just have a feeling they're not going to make it through. Not that they couldn't come back and win the championship next year, but I just have a feeling they won't win this one. Could be wrong.

although i'm a nuggets fan and i might not be totaly objective, i don't see why this run for the nuggets could be much different than last year.
People are giving too much credential to Murray shooting sub 40% for one series. that's not happening again.

Media pundits are trying to prop ANT for beating no defense Suns, cuz they want to have some american player to talk about, and people are catching on thinking he's better than jokic now.

OKC would have only Chet to even try to guard Jokic, and their best player is not shooting 3s.

I'm mostly worried about Dallas, coz of Luka and Kyrie offense. We'll see if their defense can keep up.

Boston will be max 6 games series, maybe 5. ISO ball and Porzingis are not beating any of the remaining western teams
NotSinceWilt
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,462

Post#189 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Sat May 4, 2024 8:01 am

HotRocks34 wrote:Suns are dangerous to Denver because of Nurkic.

They were smart to get him.

Yes , very dangerous
KennerLeaguer
Senior
And1: 59

Post#190 » by KennerLeaguer » Sat May 4, 2024 8:33 am

stoo wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:If they run this gauntlet of Minnesota, OKC or Dallas and then likely Boston, they run the league now. I just have a feeling they're not going to make it through. Not that they couldn't come back and win the championship next year, but I just have a feeling they won't win this one. Could be wrong.

although i'm a nuggets fan and i might not be totaly objective, i don't see why this run for the nuggets could be much different than last year.
People are giving too much credential to Murray shooting sub 40% for one series. that's not happening again.

Media pundits are trying to prop ANT for beating no defense Suns, cuz they want to have some american player to talk about, and people are catching on thinking he's better than jokic now.

OKC would have only Chet to even try to guard Jokic, and their best player is not shooting 3s.

I'm mostly worried about Dallas, coz of Luka and Kyrie offense. We'll see if their defense can keep up.

Boston will be max 6 games series, maybe 5. ISO ball and Porzingis are not beating any of the remaining western teams

You must not have watched the Celtics if you think they play iso ball.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,235

Post#191 » by stoo » Sat May 4, 2024 8:52 am

KennerLeaguer wrote:
stoo wrote:

You must not have watched the Celtics if you think they play iso ball.

I've watched them enough. Their offense is iso and iso-kick out, especially in crunch time. The only thing that worries me about them as a nugget fan is Hauser getting hot for the whole series and hitting 5-6 threes efficiently every game
NotSinceWilt
greekman
Senior
And1: 354

Post#192 » by greekman » Sat May 4, 2024 12:22 pm

murray not playing is the only way. but he seems comfortable playing through injuries
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,694

Post#193 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 20, 2024 2:46 am

Return to The General Board