Jokic is NOT him

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Re: Jokic is NOT him 

Post#141 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 5:05 pm

AleksandarN wrote:He is playing like it this series. We can talk about all of the injuries and not having an Allstar teammate but the problem is that he is not stepping up. This is the worst series I seen him play. He seems like he doesn’t care. He has no drive. Not aggressive at all on both ends of the floor. He has poor body language.
Joker has multiple MVP to his name as best player for the entire season, not to mention FMVP. Until your guy wins one, everyone can continue making nonsense threads like this.

I still like the Nuggets chance to win this series just like I had them sweeping the Lakers with ease.

The Suns should have beaten Minny just like they spanked them all season long. Talk about being lucky.
WentzerWuver
Rookie
And1: 384

Post#142 » by WentzerWuver » Tue May 7, 2024 5:09 pm

Optms wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Wow, the amount of dumb takes emerging after Nuggets down 0-2 to a superior team is staggering. Maybe the TWolves are actually THAT good?

They are good but not great. I don't think anyone is ready to call this wolves team a great team. So where does that leave this Nuggets team?
Every team still in the playoffs other than the Magic can beat Minny in a 7 game series. I gonna put down a few benjamins on the Nuggets winning game 3 since the odds are so good now in their favor and will have enough profit for free pizzas and wings up until the championship parade :)
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,995

Post#143 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:13 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:
AleksandarN wrote:He is playing like it this series. We can talk about all of the injuries and not having an Allstar teammate but the problem is that he is not stepping up. This is the worst series I seen him play. He seems like he doesn’t care. He has no drive. Not aggressive at all on both ends of the floor. He has poor body language.
Joker has multiple MVP to his name as best player for the entire season, not to mention FMVP. Until your guy wins one, you guys can continue making nonsense threads like this.

I still like the Nuggets chance to win this series just like I had them sweeping the Lakers with ease.

The Suns should have beaten Minny just like they spanked them all season long. Talk about being lucky.

Give credit to the Wolves they played great period. Crazy defense. Regardless though Jokic failed to step up in these two games
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#144 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:17 pm

Optms wrote:
GeorgeSears wrote:Wow, the amount of dumb takes emerging after Nuggets down 0-2 to a superior team is staggering. Maybe the TWolves are actually THAT good?

They are good but not great. I don't think anyone is ready to call this wolves team a great team. So where does that leave this Nuggets team?

The wolves are playing great. They are great. Without KAT missing almost half a season they still managed to win 55 games out west. 55 games.
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 687

Post#145 » by Chessboxer » Tue May 7, 2024 5:17 pm

He is a supremely skilled big man, who is profiting of the lack of real big men in this small ball era. He would have been very good in the era of real big men, but no way would he stand out like he does now. The fanboys in the media went crazy last year like he was Hakeem going through Ewing and Robinson en route to the title. However, they faced 3 play in teams including two #8 seeds. One of the #8 seeds was an injured one in the Finals. It was one of the easiest paths to a title in recent memory.

I just saw a stat that Jokic has never beat a 50 win team in the playoffs. That encapsulates why he not the best player in the league to me. I just dont see it. I dont care what the analytics say.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,673

Post#146 » by GeorgeSears » Tue May 7, 2024 5:20 pm

Optms wrote:

I don't know, they're less good?
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 17,097

Post#147 » by Shock Defeat » Tue May 7, 2024 5:31 pm

Embiid would never lose the first 2 games at home in a playoff series. Just saying
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,893

Post#148 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 5:31 pm

The Jokic fanclub needs to cancel your membership card.

What is this? You can't let Naz Reid break you like this.
60/21/10
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#149 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:34 pm

GeorgeSears wrote:
Optms wrote:

I don't know, they're less good?

The Nuggets are playing like it that’s for sure. Pathetic showing by them and Jokic
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#150 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 5:36 pm

Dirk wrote:

I am not broken. I just call out when someone is playing like ****. Doesn’t matter who it is especially if it is the best player in the NBA.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,093

Post#151 » by bledredwine » Tue May 7, 2024 5:43 pm

Dirk wrote:

:lol:
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,361

Post#152 » by CobraCommander » Tue May 7, 2024 5:45 pm

dygaction wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I don’t think you can claim a 3x MVP, Champion, and FMVP as “not him”.

I feel like that is one of those things, once you hit that peak it’s not something that can be taken away.

3 time mvp? Are you actually Big Perk or is this Eyeatoma’s burner?

I’m counting 4 time MVP

J/k I know you a real one - but he is the 4 time mvp

If you do not switch quick, Ant wagon will be too full

Naw bro I’m rolling with Jokic...I live part time in Denver ironically plus I honestly thought Giannis was gonna take over after Lebron and Jokic stunned me and proved he was worthy.

I see the jordan in ants dna but I’m not falling for it again....you and I know SGA and Luka got next - Edwards is a usurper that hasn’t paid his dues yet.... we know how this game is -

The new shinny hotshot until he gets bounced -

Then he needs help narrative starts

Then they need to play a certain way starts

And then If they don’t wing a ring it’s all about the, stat stuffing but missing the intangibles

And then they break through

Luka and SGA and Tatum are the guys on deck

If Jokic falls the championship will come from one of these 3 teams

Dallas, OKC or Boston
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,016

Post#153 » by Snakebites » Tue May 7, 2024 5:47 pm

He’s having a bad series.

But people still talking about him like he still has anything to prove will never be convinced anyway. He’s already earned respect. If you don’t want to give it to him that’s your choice.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,276

Post#154 » by Edrees » Tue May 7, 2024 6:27 pm

Handlez wrote:
Edrees wrote:It's not easy to repeat titles. only Kobe + Shaq , Lebron + Wade, and the teamup of Curry + KD have been able to do in since Jordan retired. Most players get satisfied after one title and don't work as hard after that, and they have to get humbled to get the drive again.

Kobe + Pau.

Oh duh. I guess I just meant a player if Kobe, Steph or Lebron calibur. It just dawned on me that Kobe was able to repeat titles with two different teammates and nobody else on the list has done that. So thank you sir.

Snakebites wrote:He’s having a bad series.

But people still talking about him like he still has anything to prove will never be convinced anyway. He’s already earned respect. If you don’t want to give it to him that’s your choice.

I think it's clear Jokic is an all time top 20 type player and currently the best player in the NBA. But people were acting like he's already reached top 5. so this is nice to bring them down to earth that he has a long way to go to reach that kind of status. Whether the thread title is an overreach depends what you consider "HIM" if you thought HIM was a top 5 GOAT candidate, then no he's not. if you thought HIM was just a really good all time player, and the best today, then yes the thread is an overreaction.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,631

Post#155 » by Alatan » Tue May 7, 2024 6:56 pm

GSP wrote:Image

**** like this is not normal. Denver got lucky as hell they closed out game 5 b/c the 0-3 had a real shot of happening

Being this lackadaisical and thinking u can turn it on whenever like its 2k wont work long term

You dont get lucky 4 times in a row. Let alone 11 straight times. Give it a rest.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,236

Post#156 » by Calvin Klein » Tue May 7, 2024 7:09 pm

If Jokic is "not HIM" :rolleyes: Who is then?
AleksandarN
Head Coach

Post#157 » by AleksandarN » Tue May 7, 2024 7:10 pm

Edrees wrote:
Handlez wrote:
Edrees wrote:It's not easy to repeat titles. only Kobe + Shaq , Lebron + Wade, and the teamup of Curry + KD have been able to do in since Jordan retired. Most players get satisfied after one title and don't work as hard after that, and they have to get humbled to get the drive again.

Kobe + Pau.

Oh duh. I guess I just meant a player if Kobe, Steph or Lebron calibur. It just dawned on me that Kobe was able to repeat titles with two different teammates and nobody else on the list has done that. So thank you sir.

I think it's clear Jokic is an all time top 20 type player and currently the best player in the NBA. But people were acting like he's already reached top 5. so this is nice to bring them down to earth that he has a long way to go to reach that kind of status. Whether the thread title is an overreach depends what you consider "HIM" if you thought HIM was a top 5 GOAT candidate, then no he's not. if you thought HIM was just a really good all time player, and the best today, then yes the thread is an overreaction.

Jokic is a top 20 player of all time but it is not an overreaction to call out his play this series. He is not playing like “him” this series. No excuses for Jokic’s play and attitude. The Nuggets assumes the identity of its leaders. This also doesn’t invalidate his accomplishments and his play. He is an all time great. I see a lot of people’s coming out with their agendas. Do I believe jokic will come out and dominate next game? Yes he is too talented not too. But it may not matter the Twolves are playing too good right now
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,016

Post#158 » by Snakebites » Tue May 7, 2024 7:27 pm

AleksandarN wrote:
Edrees wrote:
Handlez wrote:
Kobe + Pau.

Jokic is a top 20 player of all time but it is not an overreaction to call out his play this series. He is not playing like “him” this series. No excuses for Jokic’s play and attitude. The Nuggets assumes the identity of its leaders. This also doesn’t invalidate his accomplishments and his play. He is an all time great. I see a lot of people’s coming out with their agendas. Do I believe jokic will come out and dominate next game? Yes he is too talented not too. But it may not matter the Twolves are playing too good right now

It’s fair to criticize him for these two games. The title does more than that though.

And you’ve also got to be aware of the context you wade into by inserting yourself into this discussion. There are many who ignore stats and continue to say Jokic is not an elite player at all.
picc
RealGM
And1: 18,342

Post#159 » by picc » Tue May 7, 2024 7:55 pm

Jokic is getting 2004 Piston’d at the moment. There’s only so much anyone can do against a defense like this. I cant kill he or Murray for their offensive performance so far, the Wolves defense was so good it increased my blood pressure.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 4,093

Post#160 » by bledredwine » Tue May 7, 2024 8:06 pm

picc wrote:Jokic is getting 2004 Piston’d at the moment. There’s only so much anyone can do against a defense like this. I cant kill he or Murray for their offensive performance so far, the Wolves defense was so good it increased my blood pressure.

Agreed.

But on the other hand, series like these are important when placing players in basketball history.

He'll be compared to GOATs soon on this forum and is already being so. This series is telling, in that regard.
In terms of current greats? He's the best in the league, for sure.

But that may change in the next few years. We'll see.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895

Return to The General Board