Official: NBA All Star Starting Lineups

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

djtruebeliever
Bench Warmer
And1: 0
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Post#101 » by djtruebeliever » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:25 pm

[quote="Ballings7"][/quote]
people underestimate how good the Nuggets can be in the half-court. rewind to the Spurs series last year when the Nuggets were in every game until the end and played the Spurs as physical if not more so than anyone else during the entire playoffs. that was without Kmart who is exceeding expectations and is probably the best 1on1 defender the Nuggets have. granted Nene is out now, but it looks as though he will be back before the playoffs. additionally, Denver is shooting much better from 3 than they were last year, which was their main deficiency, and have a better defender at the point with Anthony Carter than they did last season with steve blake. also, the Nuggets record this season when scoring under 100 is better than last seasons and they have been much more successful at winning those slow-paced low scoring games. also consider the fact that AI had the worst playoff performance of his career against the Spurs last year and consider the likelihood of that occurring again and try to assume that any team in the west is just going to walk right through the Nuggets. the Nuggets have been on par to be very close in injury games to any of their last 3 seasons (in which they were among the tops in the league each season) and they still lead their division and are only a few games off from the conference lead.
I'm in Kokokiko!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,704

Post#102 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:47 pm

Ballings7 wrote:All of this is in general, though. Not to a specific team, which is mainly what I posted about.

I'll explain the post.

I just used "playoffs compared to regular season" summary, because that's the general introduction part of the post, which then leads into the seperate points about the Denver Nuggets. The summary of all those points is how things relate to their team in the playoffs, with those points originating from what I've seen over-time (mostly meaning this season). So, all of this adds up collectively for what their team ultimately consists of, and relating to the playoffs.

------------

Why the playoff/regular season comparision especially applies to Denver is because of how they play and what they lack as a team.

And given their make-up as a team, I think they'll have trouble against the Lakers, Spurs (again), Mavs (though if they can effectively defend Dirk over the series, that'll edge things closer), Jazz, Hornets in a playoff series. However, I do like Denver to quite possibly win, and at least be able to play their game noticably more, against the Suns, Warriors, and probably Portland, over a series.

But until they get better in a couple of their lesser areas, they won't be a title contender.

Hmm. If you really are only thinking about specifics, I don't have a problem with that. I don't consider them a title contender either. But you just said something similar about Phoenix, so I really have to question if you're biased against fast pace teams partially based on flawed reasoning.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#103 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:50 pm

My all-stars as of right now:

Yao/Camby
Duncan/Nowitzki
Anthony/Marion
Bryant/Paul/Davis
Iverson/Nash/Ginobili

Howard/Bosh
Garnett/Pierce/Jamison
James/Butler
Wade/Billups/Johnson
Kidd/Allen

I don't like handing out 3 all-star spots to the Nuggets, but when their 3rd most valuable player gets voted in by fans, what can you do?

sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#104 » by sunshinekids99 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Here is what I'd go with for All-Stars:

West
Yao Ming/Amare Stoudemire/Marcus Camby
Tim Ducan/Dirk Nowitzki/Carlos Boozer
Carmelo Anthony
Kobe Bryant/Brandon Roy
Allen Iverson/Chris Paul/Steve Nash

East

Dwight Howard/Emeka Okafor
Kevin Garnett/Chris Bosh
LeBron James/Paul Pierce/Caron Butler
Dwyane Wade/Rip Hamilton/Michael Redd
Jason Kidd/Chauncey Billups

Not so sure how the backup center works, if it needs to be a guy who is listed as a center or if I could just use Bosh as the backup center? I'm assuming it's someone that was voted as a center, so that's why I don't have Bosh there.
ccjj
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#105 » by ccjj » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 pm

DaFan334 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Watch a game with Camby. Hes having a better year than he did even last year on defense when he was the Defensive player of the year. He leads the west in rebounds per game, the entire league in rebounds per 48 mins, and leads the league in blocked shots with a staggering just under 4 blocks per game. He has also had 2 games with over 10 blocked shots, one in which was a triple double. He also is second in the league amongst centers in assists behind only Brad Miller. With his good ball handling skills he has the highest Assist to Turnover ratio amongst starting centers. The only reason that you can really have for any of those guys to be considered better this year, is gonna be points per game, which Camby can't compete in because of his 2 slightly high scoring teammates.

Im not necessarily pushing for Camby in the all-star game, but he has been a if not the top center in the west this year.

ASG is all about offence, who cares about deffence?
Powder Blue
Analyst
And1: 642

Post#106 » by Powder Blue » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:16 am

ccjj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
ASG is all about offence, who cares about deffence?

Yea, defense is so overrated...just like spelling
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#107 » by Wiz99 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:45 pm

Anyone who doesn't have Jamison as one of their all star reserves is whack. He's one of only 5 guys in the NBA averaging 20 and 10, and his gutsy performances are one of two reasons the Wizards are over .500 (the other reason is named Caron Butler).
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#108 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:28 pm

Kidd/Billups/Calderon
Wade/Hamilton/Pierce
James/Butler
Garnett/Jamison
Howard/Bosh

Iverson/Nash/Paul
Bryant/Davis/Roy
Anthony
Duncan/Nowitzki
Yao/Stoudemire

I know the West is really lopsided, but those are the players I feel are most deserving.
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#109 » by HarlemHeat37 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:40 pm

I have the exact same starters as miller..

I don't know why so many people are leaving off Stoudemire..

DocMJ- I agree with your feelings towards giving the Nuggets 3 all-stars, but I don't think the coaches will vote it like that..Camby definitely deserves it though..
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#110 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Does anyone else feel Manu Ginobili should be getting more All-Star consideration.

I, myself, passed him up without even thinking about it, but checking out his numbers again, they're fantastic.

Per-40, averaging over 24pts/6rebs/5asts/2stls with incredibly %s and a PER of 24.36.

I'm almost starting to think I should take off either Baron Davis or Brandon Roy and put Ginobili on the squad.
CB4MiamiHeat
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#111 » by CB4MiamiHeat » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Does anyone agree wtih Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and the play by play guy?

They were saying Kidd and Wade dont deserve it cause of their record, that any guards from Detroit, Orlando, Toronto, or Boston ( basically Rondo?, Allen, Calderon, Parker?, Nelson?, Bogans?, etc.) deserve it more cause theyre winning.

I wasnt aware team record matters
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#112 » by MaxRider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:56 pm

CB4MiamiHeat wrote:Does anyone agree wtih Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and the play by play guy?

They were saying Kidd and Wade dont deserve it cause of their record, that any guards from Detroit, Orlando, Toronto, or Boston ( basically Rondo?, Allen, Calderon, Parker?, Nelson?, Bogans?, etc.) deserve it more cause theyre winning.

I wasnt aware team record matters

IMO if you are a star you deserved it no matter what's your team record or your total game played (All NBA Team is the one should be done with your team record)
Magic Johnson got voted in as all-star starter when he officially announced retirement after he found out he's HIV positive
nobody question about his eligibility
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#113 » by MaxRider » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 am

my vote

West:
C - Yao, Amare
F - Duncan, Boozer, Nowitzki
F - Melo, West
G - Kobe, Davis
G - Iverson, Paul, Nash

PHX got 3 all-stars when they are the best in the West
DAL got 2 all-stars when they are the best in the West
i don't see why NOH don't get two this time
Roy is still young he can get in next year just like Melo was left out in his first few year (when West were packed at F now at G)

East:
C - Dwight, Bosh
F - Garnett, Jamison
F - LeBron, Butler, Smith, Jefferson
G - Wade, Hamilton
G - Kidd, Billups

sorry Calderon, no love for you
Andre Miller was putting similar numbers in Denver also
Jamison is avg 20/10 and his team is having a winning record
it's hard not to put him on the team
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#114 » by HarlemHeat37 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:36 am

miller31time wrote:Does anyone else feel Manu Ginobili should be getting more All-Star consideration.

I, myself, passed him up without even thinking about it, but checking out his numbers again, they're fantastic.

Per-40, averaging over 24pts/6rebs/5asts/2stls with incredibly %s and a PER of 24.36.

I'm almost starting to think I should take off either Baron Davis or Brandon Roy and put Ginobili on the squad.

definitely not..

if this was the first 2 months of the season, he would be a lock..but the way he has been playing lately, he doesn't deserve it at all..he hasn't been giving us what we need from him with Parker still struggling with his heal(although TP is still playing well, just not by his standards)..Duncan has been carrying the load, and at times doesn't even get the ball due to Ginobili taking bad shots..

to his defense, he has been playing with an injured finger on his shooting hand, which is obviously affecting his shot..it doesn't excuse his shot selection though..he's been shooting 39% from the field since December(I didn't want to go through the trouble of calculating his eFG% and TS% since December, but his 3-point shot has been just decent)..

his high numbers are more in part to his amazing start to the season..

hopefully he starts playing better though, because we need him..
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#115 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:39 am

miller31time wrote:Does anyone else feel Manu Ginobili should be getting more All-Star consideration.

Interestingly I bielieve I had Ginobili on my all-star team earlier in this thread but changed my mind and put West on. Basically, Ginobili or Parker gets on if the Spurs are their typical elite selves, but they're a bit off this year and the competition is so rough.

For the record though, Ginobili would get my nod before Roy who I just don't see as up to snuff.

triplet1984
General Manager
And1: 177

Post#116 » by triplet1984 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:51 pm

I think they should ditch the "two guards" "two forwards" system and instead have you vote by specific position, thus forcing an actual PG into the starting lineup since the AS game flows b/c of the point guard, without him the game gets lame and sloppy. Plus we wont get 2 one-dimensional volume scoring SGs in the starting line.
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#117 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:11 am

Paul should be starting over Iverson.. Stupid fans :nonono:
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#118 » by Alex_De_Large » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:58 am

paul, nash, baron, anyone of these deserve to start over AI.

Return to The General Board