A very good analysis of Iverson/Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Melo

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#21 » by andyhop » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:49 am

So at the end of the day Kobe is a more efficient outside scorer and Lebron is a more efficient overall scorer this season.Thanks
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#22 » by dingclancy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:01 am

This is not about efficiency. This is about being a threat from a specific part of the floor. The more strengths you have in a a lot of real estate on the floor, the more you are a bigger threat.
Bgil
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Bgil » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:39 am

HarlemHeat37 wrote:I don't think shooting is Lebron's weakness..it's his shot selection..

I won't make a Lebron/slave joke for once :D

Paul Silas said that in LBJ's very first season. "He's not a bad shooter, he just takes bad shots".
"I'm sure they'll jump off the bandwagon. Then when we do get back on top, they're going to want to jump back on, and we're going to tell them there's no more room." - Kobe in March of 2005
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#24 » by andyhop » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:28 am

dingclancy wrote:This is not about efficiency. This is about being a threat from a specific part of the floor. The more strengths you have in a a lot of real estate on the floor, the more you are a bigger threat.

Thats fine to a degree but if you are good enough to be a bigger threat with a more limited real estate range I'll take that instead.

I mean i'd love to see Lebron hitting 40% from 3 point range as much as the next guy because then he would be almost unguardable but as long as he is producing efficiently I wouldn't worry about where he is scoring from.

The Spurs series from last year was more about the total lack of support Lebron got than about the style of his play.The only reason there were 2 or 3 guys in front of him every time he blew past Bowen was because noone else could hit a shot.If the Spurs had been made to pay for leaving people open they wouldn't have been able to play as they did.

If he had a better outside shot they would just have doubled him further out with a similar result.
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
Balls
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Balls » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:40 am

good anaylsis, well worth reading.

I would like to see something similar comparing the top point guards
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#26 » by Joe Kleazy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:38 pm

KOBE FTW!!
Das
Senior
And1: 53

Post#27 » by Das » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Santana Moss wrote:I found the post interesting. How about Jordan? How does Jordan's numberes stack up?

If you ask JordanBulls... he never missed a shot in his entire career.

If he did, David Stern had it erased from achives.

Return to The General Board