Lakers Should Get Collin Sexton Somehow

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Pelly24
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,575

Lakers Should Get Collin Sexton Somehow 

Post#1 » by Pelly24 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 pm

They need a fast athletic guard that can shoot. Sure they could maybe get Donovan Mitchell who would solve their problems. But I think DMitch will stay in Cleveland. But Collin Sexton is a guard who's just as fast and twitchy. Not the same level shooter, but he did shoot about 61 TS% the last couple seasons. He can routinely beat his defender to create an advantage and he has energy LeBron and AD don't. They need someone who can go shot for shot with superstars in key moments when LeBron and AD can't because they're too tired. He could step in and get them 22 ppg on 60 TS%. Also because his deal is so cheap in comparison to DMitch's, they can get him and replace some of their role players with better ones. Keep Reaves, get rid of D. Lo, get better shooters and defenders. I like that.
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,450

Re: Lakers Should Get Collin Sexton Somehow 

Post#2 » by Frank Dux » Sun May 19, 2024 10:30 pm

Danny Ainge isn’t in the business of doing the Lakers a favor unless it’s a massive fleece job.
xb3at band1tx
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,729

Post#3 » by xb3at band1tx » Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Danny Ainge isn’t in the business of doing the Lakers a favor unless it’s a massive fleece job.

I feel like he did them a favor with Vanderbilt when he moved to Utah.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,102

Post#4 » by dockingsched » Sun May 19, 2024 10:31 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Danny Ainge isn’t in the business of doing the Lakers a favor unless it’s a massive fleece job.

People literally complained that he did the Lakers a favor last with by “gifting” them Beasley and Vando on their road to the WCF :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#5 » by Frank Dux » Sun May 19, 2024 10:33 pm

dockingsched wrote:

People literally complained that he did the Lakers a favor last with by “gifting” them Beasley and Vando on their road to the WCF :lol:

Haha I already forgot about that. Partly because Beasley was useless and Vando was injured all year.

Return to The General Board