ImageImage

Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread

Moderators: BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben

bravor
Starter
And1: 746

Re: Prodigal Son: The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#881 » by bravor » Sun May 12, 2024 1:32 pm

for the record, i made a quick average for Bridges's stats - based on bball reference stat sheet - this year against PO opponents.

https://imgur.com/a/EFaRMLA

Basically, he is still a negative impact player against the teams you wish to compete against (and it would be worst if i had to add play in teams as he had bad games against Houston for instance).

The only thing ppl might agree with is that Hornets should not lose him for nothing. But he's nowhere close to being an absolute keeper.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,399

Post#882 » by MasterIchiro » Sun May 12, 2024 1:40 pm

bravor wrote:for the record, i made a quick average for Bridges's stats - based on bball reference stat sheet - this year against PO opponents.

https://imgur.com/a/EFaRMLA

Basically, he is still a negative impact player against the teams you wish to compete against (and it would be worst if i had to add play in teams as he had bad games against Houston for instance).

The only thing ppl might agree with is that Hornets should not lose him for nothing. But he's nowhere close to being an absolute keeper.

All the good teams are good because they can scheme against good players.

Miles drew extra attention because LaMelo wasn't on the floor. Miller drew more and more attention as the season wore on.

The return of LaMelo will force teams to focus primarily on LaMelo and Miller. Miles is going to punish teams who slack off him. He's a solid third option, better than PJ is with the Mavs.

He's going to earn far more than PJ because he's a better player and he's unrestricted. Teams didn't bid on PJ because they didn't want to freeze money knowing Hornets would match.
It has been written...
EmpireFalls
Starter
And1: 3,845

Post#883 » by EmpireFalls » Sun May 12, 2024 1:54 pm

**** him for what he did, **** him for his lifeless, selfish empty calories play on court, **** the franchise for bringing him back, and lastly **** him again for holding us hostage like this.

If he could be banned from the NBA that would be the best possible solution. I don’t want him on my team. I also know that we can’t lose his asset for free. This is the type of thing that keeps me up at night.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 681

Post#884 » by vorbis » Sun May 12, 2024 3:35 pm

for me, best case scenario is honestly a sign-and-trade where he becomes some other team's problem. maybe he continues his ascent into a core player but I'm not bothered to miss out on that. fair or not, the spark for him is gone for me.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#885 » by Rich4114 » Sun May 12, 2024 5:02 pm

Whatever happens, I just would like to see it resolved quickly at the start of free agency. I'm going to lose my mind if we're wondering what will happen still by the end of August or something.
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,721

Post#886 » by yosemiteben » Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 pm

Honestly haven't thought about Miles for a bit, since the season ended I've just been checking out draft stuff then watching playoff stuff.

Don't feel strongly about any option other than losing Miles for no assets, which would be catastrophic.

Return to Charlotte Hornets