Dylan Cease: Final Season With White Sox \'Wasn\'t Enjoyable\'

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Dylan Cease: Final Season With White Sox \'Wasn\'t Enjoyable\' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue May 7, 2024 12:16 pm

Dylan Cease, who was traded to the San Diego Padres in March, has opened up about his final season with the Chicago White Sox.

Cease said his final year with the White Sox \"wasn\'t enjoyable in really any way.\"

\"It\'s definitely really exciting coming to the ballpark,\" the right-hander said. \"Again with the Sox though, I mean, I really felt like we had that talent. We just didn\'t put it together.\"

Cease had a 4.58 ERA in a career-high 33 starts last year, while the White Sox struggled to a 61-101 record.

\"I still think that in the minds of a lot of people we had a really good chance to compete,\" Cease said. \"I think we feel like we took a chance to compete and we just didn\'t put it together. We had a really bad year and it obviously kind of led to the need to kind of redo everything.\"

Via Associated Press

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Re: Dylan Cease: Final Season With White Sox \'Wasn\'t Enjoyable\' 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:16 pm

Has any season of late with the White Sox been enjoyable?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion