Lakers Don't Anticipate Having Chance To Hire Ty Lue, Jason Kidd

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Lakers Don't Anticipate Having Chance To Hire Ty Lue, Jason Kidd 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 5, 2024 9:18 pm

The Los Angeles Lakers had their eyes set on two former Lakers to replace Darvin Ham as their next head coach. However, the Lakers have seemingly given up hope of hiring either Ty Lue or Jason Kidd to fill their coaching spot.

Reports are that the Lakers have no expectations that Lue or Kidd will be available for hire. It's been rumored that Kidd will sign an extension with the Dallas Mavericks, following the team advancing to second round of the playoffs.

The LA Clippers have made it known that they intend to do whatever it takes to keep Lue on their sideline. For his part, Lue has said he prefers to stay with the Clippers and has no interest in jumping to a new team.

Via Marc Stein/The Stein Line

Ssj16
Junior
And1: 563

Re: Lakers Don't Anticipate Having Chance To Hire Ty Lue, Jason Kidd 

Post#2 » by Ssj16 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:28 am

I understand Ty Lue but I don't get why they would focus on Kidd.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#3 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon May 6, 2024 2:29 am

Ssj16 wrote:I understand Ty Lue but I don't get why they would focus on Kidd.

Familiarity with the Lakers since he was an assistant on Vogel's staff.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,182

Post#4 » by Lalouie » Mon May 6, 2024 4:47 am

duuuh
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#5 » by Lalouie » Mon May 6, 2024 4:53 am

TimeisIllmatic wrote:

coaching lebron is no dream job and dallas is ascending while lal will be dead in the water.
lakers are a victim of a macro shift in the nba to youth, and yet they decided to put the blame on hamm and fire his @$$

where's the postivity in that?
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#6 » by cheese318 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:26 am

Lalouie wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

coaching lebron is no dream job and dallas is ascending while lal will be dead in the water.
lakers are a victim of a macro shift in the nba to youth, and yet they decided to put the blame on hamm and fire his @$$

Unfortunately Hamm has way too many faults imo. Why did it take him so long to realize starting Rui was the best lineup?
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#7 » by TimeisIllmatic » Mon May 6, 2024 2:16 pm

Lalouie wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

I hope my comment didn't come off as me thinking Kidd would really coach in LA lol, but yes I think any rational sports fan would agree with you.
Lalouie
RealGM

Post#8 » by Lalouie » Mon May 6, 2024 2:30 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

I hope my comment didn't come off as me thinking Kidd would really coach in LA lol, but yes I think any rational sports fan would agree with you.

although for different reasons, ucla has been facing this for decades. we think we're ucla and we are THE dream job for any coach. our search always started with the best of the best and got whittled down to the 5th choice :roll: :sigh:
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Post#9 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon May 6, 2024 7:08 pm

TimeisIllmatic wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
TimeisIllmatic wrote:

I think the common thread is that Kidd and Lue are both coaches that let their stars run the show. Everyone seems to know that Kidd is a crappy coach, but if Lue was half the coach people give him credit for, he would have benched Westbrook after his 2nd brick. (He took 50 shots in that series while shooting 26%!) Neither one of these guys would question Lebron, let alone challenge him or ask him to change a single thing about his game. Yes men!

Return to Wiretap Discussion