D League Showcase Discussion

Moderator: jman3134

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

D League Showcase Discussion 

Post#1 » by jman3134 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 12:42 am

Anyone watching this today? So far in the current game, I am impressed by Russell Robinson and Maurice Baker early. Whithers is undersized but solid inside on both ends. Desmon Farmer has much better court vision than advertised.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: D League Showcase Discussion 

Post#2 » by jman3134 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 2:48 am

Desmon Farmer did not really have the killer instinct that I expected. However, many of his assists were mishandled by players who did not finish. I believe that he plays under control and should get some looks. His shot was not on today, but he did other things, stealing the ball and finishing in the paint. He does not have elite athleticism and that is really what is holding him down now. But, I believe that he could probably play in the league.

Maurice Baker had an excellent game. He played under control with harassing defense and excellent three point shooting. He was the obvious player of the game because he was able to outshoot Reno and play under control the entire game. As a veteran, it is easy to see why an NBA team would want to pick this guy up for a 10 day contract etc. He is a great decision maker and has quick hands. Baker did everything right in this game to lead a huge 17 point comeback.

Russell Robinson was on fire to start the game, but displayed some poor decision making down the stretch. Majic Dorsey had to come in the game late because Robinson did not play well down the stretch. With that said, he really had an excellent offensive game all around and was a menace on defense throughout. I like his game and believe that if he becomes a better decision maker in late game situations, he will be called up as well.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: D League Showcase Discussion 

Post#3 » by jman3134 » Tue Jan 5, 2010 5:01 am

Morris Almond is a gifted but selfish offensive player. I don't know whether a team will pick him up.

Return to Minor Leagues