Courtney Sims?

Moderator: jman3134

Joseph17
RealGM
And1: 529

Courtney Sims? 

Post#1 » by Joseph17 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 6:51 am

How hasn't this guy gotten called up by an NBA team yet? There aren't any teams looking for a 6'11 big who can score, rebound, and block shots? I haven't seen Sims play at all, but I was extremely impressed by his stats and the impact that he has on his team. Is there a reason why the Celtics would rather have a guy like Mikki Moore than Sims?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Courtney Sims? 

Post#2 » by jman3134 » Mon Mar 9, 2009 11:12 pm

Moore is a veteran who has produced in the NBA before. If they can get a proven winner for a low price, why not? Sims is still a work in progress considering he did not improve at all throughout his four years at Michigan.

Moore is a proven energy guy off the bench and a better defender imo.
Joseph17
RealGM

Post#3 » by Joseph17 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Would you say that the D League's best is worse than the NBA's worst?
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by jman3134 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:29 pm

I don't consider Mikki Moore to be the NBA's worst. It was a salary cut more than anything. Don't get me wrong- he was playing poorly for the Kings. (relative to his salary) That does not equate to a fringe NBA player because he was able to grab a big contract in the first place.
Joseph17
RealGM

Post#5 » by Joseph17 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:56 am

jman3134 wrote:I don't consider Mikki Moore to be the NBA's worst. It was a salary cut more than anything. Don't get me wrong- he was playing poorly for the Kings. (relative to his salary) That does not equate to a fringe NBA player because he was able to grab a big contract in the first place.

I wasn't talking about Mikki Moore when I said NBA's worst. I was just asking if you think the best player in the D League is better than the worst player in the NBA.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by jman3134 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 am

Oh, sorry about that. I certainly believe that the best NBDL player is better than the worst NBA player. Look no further than the draftexpress article regarding Rob Kurz where he was cut because the Warrior's roster was full. With an injury to Ellis, he was able to crack the starting lineup from relative obscurity. Then think about how many no name guys come into the league and produce. The truth is that 1st round draft picks have a supreme advantage because they are given guaranteed contracts, even if they might not merit a spot on the team. Then, they will get advanced looks because they have NBA experience.

Sims is probably better than some NBA players- I don't think he is the best or most deserving player of callup, but he's up there.

Return to Minor Leagues