My DraftExpress D-League Draft Diary

Moderator: jman3134

Richard Walker
Ballboy
And1: 0

My DraftExpress D-League Draft Diary 

Post#1 » by Richard Walker » Sat Nov 8, 2008 9:45 pm

I was trying to decide if the folks here would find this interesting or not, and in the end decided what the heck, I'll post it anyway.

I kept a small Bill Simmons inspired running diary of the D-League Draft last night. It's not really about insights into players so much as entertaining fans of the D-League. I promise though, we'll be back to writing scouting reports for teams and players soon enough. In the meantime, enjoy:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/200 ... IARY-3034/
Amen316
Sixth Man
And1: 4

Re: My DraftExpress D-League Draft Diary 

Post#2 » by Amen316 » Sun Nov 9, 2008 4:36 am

I found your timelog interesting but I wish the NBA wouldve released the potential players that were available. Also, I had a list of players that didnt get drafted and they are so under the radar GOOGLE cant find if they are playing professionally somewhere...

James May is going to be a D-league stud and will eventually land on a NBA team

Chris Richards when he gets back to the NBA it will always be as a role player.
Richard Walker
Ballboy

Post#3 » by Richard Walker » Sun Nov 9, 2008 5:17 am

Amen316 wrote:I found your timelog interesting but I wish the NBA wouldve released the potential players that were available. Also, I had a list of players that didnt get drafted and they are so under the radar GOOGLE cant find if they are playing professionally somewhere...

James May is going to be a D-league stud and will eventually land on a NBA team

Chris Richards when he gets back to the NBA it will always be as a role player.

Glad you enjoyed it.

For what it's worth, the league was changing the list daily leading up to the draft, and we posted what I think became the final list on our site early that day. We also quickly ranked the top 30 players based on skill sets, but not necessarily on where we thought they would fall in the draft, or other intangibles (going to Europe/currently suspended/etc).

You can find it here:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/D-L ... yers-3032/
Nuzzo
Banned User

Post#4 » by Nuzzo » Sun Nov 9, 2008 9:07 am

Great read.
Chris Richards is a bad pick - he is conected with several teams from Eastern Europe and France.
Richard Walker
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Richard Walker » Sun Nov 9, 2008 4:40 pm

Nuzzo wrote:Great read.
Chris Richards is a bad pick - he is conected with several teams from Eastern Europe and France.

Brandon Barnett, the 66ers GM, spoke with Chris Richard after the draft and seemed pretty convinced he wasn't going to Europe and he would be in training camp with them. I guess we'll see.
Waterade124
Ballboy

Post#6 » by Waterade124 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:04 am

Man I can't wait till this upcoming d-league season their are so many underrated players that not many people have heard of but I think their names will make a big splash.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#7 » by jman3134 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:21 am

Thanks for the share, Richard. It was an interesting read at the time of the draft. Any player-personnel updates?
AthrunZala
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#8 » by AthrunZala » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:37 pm

good boy

Return to Minor Leagues