The WNBA

Moderator: jman3134

Red Robot
Assistant Coach
And1: 114

The WNBA 

Post#1 » by Red Robot » Sun May 18, 2008 9:44 pm

With the regular season tipping off yesterday, I think we're due for a WNBA thread. Candace Parker's debut is bringing a lot of attention to the league right now. As the NBA season winds down, the WNBA becomes one of the few places to turn for summer basketball.

Judging by some responses on the general board, there seem to be quite a few posters who may not be dedicated WNBA fans but still catch a game once in a while. Stop by and chime in if you're a fan or if you've been flipping channels and happen to see part of a game.

I recognize that these threads can get ugly quickly, but I think posters here are mature enough to handle some discussion. Feel free to state your opinions but try to keep your responses constructive. Also, I know the WNBA isn't really a minor league, but this board is the place to discuss domestic non-NBA pro basketball.
Dr. Evil
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Dr. Evil » Sun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm

I saw the Los Angeles-Phoenix game yesterday and was surprised to see Attendance that high for a WNBA game.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#3 » by Troubadour » Sun May 18, 2008 11:24 pm

I watched the first half of the Monarchs and the San Antonio team today. Although it was to see Ron Artest commentate, I was impressed by a few players. However, when one of the regular commentators saw a player miss a wide open lay-up, he treated it as if she had missed a three pointer. Would I be happy if Toronto got a team? Yes. Would I wear their jersey in public? Probably not.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,300

Post#4 » by Klomp » Wed Jun 4, 2008 4:14 pm

How many people guessed correctly the only remaining undefeated team?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment

Return to Minor Leagues