ImageImageImageImageImage

The Eugene Omoruyi Appreciation Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

The Eugene Omoruyi Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:31 am

My guy has to make the roster. He's looking like a steal out here!

Couldn't justify Xavier Cooks taking up a roster spot over him; he does nearly everything (if not everything) better than Cooks.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,006

Re: The Eugene Omoruyi Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by DCZards » Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:51 am

Great thread idea! I think Eugene makes the team.

Physical and high energy. Watched him defend 3-4 positions in that Hornets games. Think they keep Omoruyi around as someone who can probably hold his own defensively in the paint against most bigs. He'll be better at that than Gallo or Muscala.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#3 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:30 am

DCZards wrote:Great thread idea! I think Eugene makes the team.

Physical and high energy. Watched him defend 3-4 positions in that Hornets games. Think they keep Omoruyi around as someone who can probably hold his own defensively in the paint against most bigs. He'll be better at that than Gallo or Muscala.

I’d love to see a lineup of

Butler
Bilal
Deni
Geno
Gafford

We’d never score, but would play lock down defense
In Rizzo we trust
DCZards
RealGM

Post#4 » by DCZards » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:38 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:

I’d love to see a lineup of

Butler
Bilal
Deni
Geno
Gafford

We’d never score, but would play lock down defense

Yeah…no scoring but outstanding D. I’d slot Wright or Davis ahead of Butler. Both are probably better defenders than Butler. I like how physical Davis is on D.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,937

Post#5 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:41 pm

Glad to have this thread -- but there's no question whether Omoruyi "makes the team." He has a 2-way contract: he's already on the team.

As I've already mentioned in another thread, I seem to have been the only one to recognize his name when we signed him. But, in fact, I remember him working out for us in the run-up to the '21 draft (in which he went undrafted).

There was video of the workout session (I don't recall who the other guys were that day), & I thought back then that Omoruyi looked pretty good, so I was glad to see that he got 645 NBA minutes last year w/ OKC & Detroit. (he had an 18-minute sip of coffee w/ Dallas in '21-22). He didn't show much, unfortunately, but... I guess Will must think well of him -- so let's see!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#6 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:01 pm

payitforward wrote:Glad to have this thread -- but there's no question whether Omoruyi "makes the team." He has a 2-way contract: he's already on the team.

As I've already mentioned in another thread, I seem to have been the only one to recognize his name when we signed him. But, in fact, I remember him working out for us in the run-up to the '21 draft (in which he went undrafted).

There was video of the workout session (I don't recall who the other guys were that day), & I thought back then that Omoruyi looked pretty good, so I was glad to see that he got 645 NBA minutes last year w/ OKC & Detroit. (he had an 18-minute sip of coffee w/ Dallas in '21-22). He didn't show much, unfortunately, but... I guess Will must think well of him -- so let's see!

Hope Geno is out of the witness protection program for the Raps game.
In Rizzo we trust
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#7 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:11 am

Geno giving them that work!

Needs to be one of the first guys off the bench for that energy and honest effort.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#8 » by gambitx777 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 2:40 am

He's 26...... And on a two way. . . . . Cut him

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM

Post#9 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:44 pm

Why? Who do you want to replace him?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
DCZards
RealGM

Post#10 » by DCZards » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:20 pm

I wasn’t sure whether gambitx777 was serious or not.

I certainly don’t think we should cut a guy who is playing with more energy and physicality than anyone on the team…and who has shown that he’s a good rebounder and above average defender.

The fact that he’s 26 is insignificant, imo.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,945

Post#11 » by TGW » Wed Nov 1, 2023 3:36 pm

With their rebounding woes, they should let this guy play. I mean really get him in the rotation.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 529

Post#12 » by smoothSeph » Wed Nov 1, 2023 7:16 pm

Big Anthony Gill gives, which isn't bad. At this point I'd prefer him over Gill on the regular roster and to use that 2 way for someone with more potential.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#13 » by montestewart » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:50 pm

Wasn’t that him stepping over a prone Adebayo? That could be on a highlight reel
payitforward
RealGM

Post#14 » by payitforward » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 am

Physical and high energy. Watched him defend 3-4 positions in that Hornets games. Think they keep Omoruyi around as someone who can probably hold his own defensively in the paint against most bigs....

Took a minute, but Zards turns out to have been right -- & I am glad! I like Omoruyi (...like Zards too! :) ).

Happened on March 1 but somehow went unnoticed on the board: https://capitalcity.gleague.nba.com/news/wizards-convert-eugene-omoruyi-to-standard-contract

Return to Washington Wizards