BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 606

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#61 » by BearlyBallin » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Interesting…
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#62 » by gambitx777 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:15 pm

I don't like not keeping a 3ednsteing QB. But it is what it is I guess.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#63 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:25 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I don't like not keeping a 3ednsteing QB. But it is what it is I guess.

Zappe was cut by NE Pats. I wouldn’t mind it if he was our 3rd QB. Darius Rush developmental CB also cut by Indy colts, very athletic was a WR I think.

I’m expecting more roster changes and Fromm could be put on the practice squad.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,944

Post#64 » by TGW » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:21 pm

Looking at the final 53, and I'm not impressed with their decisions. Pringle, Brown, Milne, Wylie, Hodges, Johnson, Ridgeway are not roster worthy to me. And the roster imbalance is odd. Why the need for 7 wide receivers and 7 defensive ends? Why only 4 linebackers? 4 tight ends?

The linebacker core and the offensive line is below average at best. Very little talent in those areas. Opposing tight ends are going to eat against the defense.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#65 » by gambitx777 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:18 pm

TGW wrote:Looking at the final 53, and I'm not impressed with their decisions. Pringle, Brown, Milne, Wylie, Hodges, Johnson, Ridgeway are not roster worthy to me. And the roster imbalance is odd. Why the need for 7 wide receivers and 7 defensive ends? Why only 4 linebackers? 4 tight ends?

The linebacker core and the offensive line is below average at best. Very little talent in those areas. Opposing tight ends are going to eat against the defense.

I mean yeah keep Chris Paul on the offensive line. How many games will he miss when he's backing up Seth curry in October? LOL.

BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:26 pm

Commanders were not awarded or did not claim anyone on waivers.

None of the players cut from the roster were claimed either.

KC did claim Darius Rush who I was hoping to see claimed by the Commanders

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:58 pm

The Washington Commanders signed the following players to the practice squad:
* T Alex Akingbulu
* WR Kazmeir Allen
* TE/FB Alex Armah
* DE William Bradley-King
* G Mason Brooks
* S Terrell Burgess
* CB Tariq Castro-Fields
* QB Jake Fromm
* RB Derrick Gore
* LB De'Jon Harris
* T Jaryd Jones-Smith
* C Nolan Laufenberg
* DT Benning Potoa'e
* WR Brycen Tremayne
* CB Nick Whiteside II

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lol gotta love messing with a division rival, especially the cow-pies.
And we needed to upgrade the LBs. :lol:

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by BearlyBallin » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This list is easier on the old eyes.

No Tyler Larsen, C or Alex Armah, FB/TE… yet

~ Confucius about 500 BC
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 110

Post#69 » by W. Unseld » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Man it would be sweet if Jabril Cox turns out to be good
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Sep 1, 2023 4:31 am

W. Unseld wrote:Man it would be sweet if Jabril Cox turns out to be good

If I recall correctly he had an issue with his ACL in High School & then again in college but I’m not really sure if it’s the same leg.

He was a very good cover LB with speed hopefully he still is after his last ACL injury. I’ve read he takes bad angles and is late to react to run plays, but others have blamed that on his inability to shed a block causing him to take awkward angles and be late getting to the runner. If he still has the speed and ability to cover it’s worth a look to see if he can develop some skills in stopping the run game.

But yes it would be sweet if signing Cox helped solve some of the commanders concerns at LB.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 110

Post#71 » by W. Unseld » Wed Sep 6, 2023 8:27 pm

Well Bearly, that review of him leads me to not want to get my hopes up
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Sep 8, 2023 5:12 am

W. Unseld wrote:Well Bearly, that review of him leads me to not want to get my hopes up

Sorry I didn’t mean to come across that way. I’m actually excited about signing him to the practice squad. If healthy his speed is going to help fill the cover LB role. And I think he could be helpful on special teams because of that speed.

If I recall he’s young so there’s hope he develops. I think Rivera said they really liked his skill set and felt Cox just needs to come in and learn the system here.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by BearlyBallin » Fri Sep 8, 2023 5:36 am

This first game could be a blow out if Washington can stop the run and get an early lead. Once Arizona falls behind by a few scores and is forced to throw the ball I think their OLine will have problems. Last year they ran the ball a lot better then they pass blocked. I’m hoping to see 2 or 3 sacks and an interception.

If the lead gets big enough I want Washington to run the ball most of the second half. I think the Arizona secondary gave up a lot of yards last year, but I want to see the Washington OLine & RBs dominate time of possession.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,884

Post#74 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 9, 2023 1:46 am

Read on Twitter
?t=HKRMaWw8jxyGTpJoALBoag&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#75 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 9, 2023 1:52 am

Read on Twitter
?t=wkwlu_kiNp-a59HeNKrdvA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#76 » by Wizardspride » Sat Sep 9, 2023 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=y1aSNqmit8AaC3aBg9S3lg&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=Eh52Qa0ZdvKYa23-MR926A&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=rJg7xOKwitBmj-3WcJrZUA&s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:40 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Dax to IR with a groin injury I think
Crowder had been injured most of last season. I don’t believe he’s returned a punt in awhile.
This is a mystery as to what Crowder can still do. Anyone seen him in preseason?

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:48 pm

:D

Read on Twitter
?s=20

This makes me happy

Read on Twitter
?s=20

~ Confucius about 500 BC
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#79 » by queridiculo » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:30 pm

Still looking like the keystone cops out there :lol:
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#80 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:51 pm

Howell didn’t look like himself after he got plastered in the head … then got hit in the head about 4 more times.

I think he was playing dizzy.

Refs were awful.

Defense was great.

Cards are cheap as heck.

Glad we won
In Rizzo we trust

Return to Washington Wizards