ImageImageImageImageImage

Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,035

Re: Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#21 » by DCZards » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:26 pm

NatP4 wrote:Actually love this trade the more I think about it. Poole is young enough, and has legit upside to explode into a star high volume scorer in his own situation. It’s not hard to envision Poole coming in and averaging 25 PPG and sneaking into an All Star game.

To bring back that kind of upside for 38 year old CP3 is great value.

Trade not only yielded Poole but the 20 year old Baldwin as well, who has the potential to be a regular rotation player. Great value indeed!

Not sure what we got in Rollins…but I’m hopeful.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,985

Post#22 » by TGW » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:27 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:So all in all, the trade looks like Beal for Poole, a bunch of 2nds, some potentially interesting pick swaps (those 2028 and 2030 pick swaps will be fascinating - Beal and Durant have health concerns, and Durant is 34 already), a heavily protected 1st, Baldwin III, whoever we get for Shamet, and Tyus Jones. Not horrible seeing the position we were in.

Yea I wasn't happy at first, but considering the NTC, it wasn't a bad deal in restrospect. Wish we could have gotten another 1st in this draft though.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,134

Post#23 » by J-Ves » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:29 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:So all in all, the trade looks like Beal for Poole, a bunch of 2nds, some potentially interesting pick swaps (those 2028 and 2030 pick swaps will be fascinating - Beal and Durant have health concerns, and Durant is 34 already), a heavily protected 1st, Baldwin III, whoever we get for Shamet, and Tyus Jones. Not horrible seeing the position we were in.

The gambit is if Poole can become a hot trade asset at some point in his tenure with the Wiz. If so that was great value for a hard to move contract.
DCZards
RealGM

Post#24 » by DCZards » Fri Jul 7, 2023 5:29 pm

Jones was part of the KP trade…not the Beal trade.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#25 » by FAH1223 » Sun Jul 9, 2023 1:14 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#26 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NBC Sports Washington didn't even put a picture of Draymond there. Already taking care of JP.

JP didn't mention Green once here with Chris Miller

Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#27 » by Halcyon » Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:43 am

Green is a clown. Honestly Poole has been super professional about it.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,968

Post#28 » by Frichuela » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:42 am

Halcyon wrote:Green is a clown. Honestly Poole has been super professional about it.

Agreed. A clown and a bully.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,991

Post#29 » by payitforward » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:27 pm

In his 19 minute video, Jordan Poole comes across as an intelligent, composed, thoughtful young man. I was impressed by his good humor, his always unruffled, sometimes playful responses to media questions. He handled the Draymond questions perfectly, never letting himself get drawn in any way at all.

How well he's going to play is another story, but it's really hard not to like him.

So far this off season has been extremely rewarding!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TGW
RealGM

Post#30 » by TGW » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:10 pm

The rumor is that Poole was actually bullying Draymond non-stop during that practice, and that's why GS didn't discipline Draymond as harshly as they could have. Random source, but Cam'Ron (rapper turned sports analyst) knows people on the team and that's what they told him.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but from what Cam'ron is saying, Poole was saying some downright disrespectful shxt that put Draymond over the edge.

A comment in the video:

Warriors fan, from the bay. The source is 100% correct. That is what JP said. It is no secret around here, that JP came into camp with a big ego and a bad attitude. Players were quietly telling local sports reporters about his attitude PRIOR to the punch.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#31 » by Halcyon » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:30 pm

Draymond doesn't seem to be the most emotionally regulated person. I'm sure he didn't punch Poole out of nowhere, but a poor attitude from Poole doesn't justify it. Sounds like a coverup by the Warriors mob.
TGW
RealGM

Post#32 » by TGW » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:38 pm

Halcyon wrote:Draymond doesn't seem to be the most emotionally regulated person. I'm sure he didn't punch Poole out of nowhere, but a poor attitude from Poole doesn't justify it. Sounds like a coverup by the Warriors mob.

Whether he deserved it or not (I don't, but you have to know who you're picking on), Poole better not bring that negative ass energy here.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,477

Post#33 » by doclinkin » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:00 pm

TGW wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Draymond doesn't seem to be the most emotionally regulated person. I'm sure he didn't punch Poole out of nowhere, but a poor attitude from Poole doesn't justify it. Sounds like a coverup by the Warriors mob.

Whether he deserved it or not (I don't, but you have to know who you're picking on), Poole better not bring that negative ass energy here.

It's nonsense. Draymond is known to talk more trash than anybody in the league. He can't take it when a player comes right back at him? Poole wasn't ripping on Curry. Or Klay. He was pushing back on a loudmouth who has picked fights with everybody. You don't think Dray had been giving him shxt him since his rookie season? He had beef with KD, among other teammates. Ok Poole wins them a championship with big plays at critical moments, got a big contract out of it, got chesty, and figured he now had a license to give some of it back. Draymond got pissed and lashed out because here was another player taking away from his spotlight and talking about his money. Insecure and ugly, Poole tagged him where it hurt and he had no comeback but thuggery. He's a punk.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,468

Post#34 » by NatP4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:11 pm

If we had just now acquired Draymond as opposed to Poole, would you have the same perspective?

Or would it be “Draymond is a no-nonsense championship level leader, will help build that culture here, no more putting up with Jordan Poole types etc”

It’s pretty unfair to speculate one way or the other about what’s going on behind the scenes IMO.
TGW
RealGM

Post#35 » by TGW » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:12 pm

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:

It's nonsense. Draymond is known to talk more trash than anybody in the league. He can't take it when a player comes right back at him? Poole wasn't ripping on Curry. Or Klay. He was pushing back on a loudmouth who has picked fights with everybody. You don't think Dray had been giving him shxt him since his rookie season? He had beef with KD, among other teammates. Ok Poole wins them a championship with big plays at critical moments, got a big contract out of it, got chesty, and figured he now had a license to give some of it back. Draymond got pissed and lashed out because here was another player taking away from his spotlight and talking about his money. Insecure and ugly, Poole tagged him where it hurt and he had no comeback but thuggery. He's a punk.

They're both punks. I've heard enough rumors about Poole to believe he's definitely a lame on and off the court and no one really liked him on that team from all accounts. And if you're right, then Poole is an idiot on top of being a punk because why mess with a dude who's got 3 inches and 50 lbs on you with documented anger/emotional issues?

Again, he better leave that shxt in Golden State.
Hibachi_0
Sophomore
And1: 92

Post#36 » by Hibachi_0 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Sorry but I don't buy the "JP bullying Draymond" story. The Warriors had to choose to throw under the bus the guy from the Warriord legacy Big Three that will get his number retired or the young primising guy who if traded nobody will remember. I think the answer is clear seeing how it ended up going.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#37 » by NatP4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:17 pm

Halcyon wrote:Green is a clown. Honestly Poole has been super professional about it.

Has he? Maybe infront of the media.

He completely quit playing the right way last year. Stopped giving any effort at all on defense. Decided to shoot the ball every time he touched it. Was a significantly negative impact player. His body language was really bad too.

He was a total nightmare for that team/the locker room all year long.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#38 » by NatP4 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:18 pm

Hibachi_0 wrote:Sorry but I don't buy the "JP bullying Draymond" story. The Warriors had to choose to throw under the bus the guy from the Warriord legacy Big Three that will get his number retired or the young primising guy who if traded nobody will remember. I think the answer is clear seeing how it ended up going.

No they traded the bad player on the bad contract and kept the very good player.
DCZards
RealGM

Post#39 » by DCZards » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:23 pm

Yeah…both Draymond and Poole are almost certainly culpable for what went down in GS. Let’s hope Jordan has matured and doesn’t bring that stank attitude to DC.

But it was a punk-a** move for Green to coldcock Poole the way he did, especially when Jordan had no idea it was coming. Wouldn’t call it “blindsided” but damn close to it.
joshuacf
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#40 » by joshuacf » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:24 pm

TGW wrote:The rumor is that Poole was actually bullying Draymond non-stop during that practice, and that's why GS didn't discipline Draymond as harshly as they could have. Random source, but Cam'Ron (rapper turned sports analyst) knows people on the team and that's what they told him.

I don't know if the rumors are true, but from what Cam'ron is saying, Poole was saying some downright disrespectful shxt that put Draymond over the edge.

A comment in the video:

Warriors fan, from the bay. The source is 100% correct. That is what JP said. It is no secret around here, that JP came into camp with a big ego and a bad attitude. Players were quietly telling local sports reporters about his attitude PRIOR to the punch.

Poole saying he's hooked up with more girls than Draymond and that Draymond was broke is "downright disrespectful"? Those are the most milk toast generic insults you could throw at someone.

Unless Poole said something about Draymond's family or something of that nature, which I doubt, nothing warranted Draymond throwing a punch. It's hilarious that you think calling someone who's made $155M in NBA salary broke is somehow this crazy awful insult.

Return to Washington Wizards