ImageImageImageImageImage

The (way too early) 2024 Draft thread. Woo! Tanking!

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 923

Re: The (way too early) 2024 Draft thread. Woo! Tanking! 

Post#1861 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat May 11, 2024 1:36 am

The 15 Youngest Prospects In The 2024 NBA Draft - NBA Draft Room

https://nbadraftroom.com/the-15-youngest-prospects-in-the-2024-nba-draft/

The15 youngest prospects in the 2024 NBA Draft

1) Ulrich Chomche – C – NBA Academy Africa – Draft Age: 18.5 – Chomche showed some nice things at the recent Nike Hoops Summit but also showed his youth, and that he’s still a long ways from being NBA ready. There’s a chance he’ll withdraw from this year’s draft and perhaps go the college route for a year. He’s an impressive athlete with good center size and developing ball skills. He flashes a nice jumper and has very good athleticism for his size. He’s very much an upside swing type of prospect.

2) Bub Carrington – PG – Pittsburgh – Draft Age 18.9 – I would have loved to see Bub return for another year at Pittsburgh but it seems he’ll be staying in the draft. He’s an interesting prospect and has some fans in NBA scouting circles. He’s got good size at the point guard position, gets into the lane well, despite not having a blazing first step and has a really nice mid range game. I think he’ll take some time before he’s NBA ready and he’ll likely spend the majority of his first year or two in the G League, gaining experience, strength and improving his rim finishing and outside shot.

3) Cam Christie – SG – Minnesota – Draft Age 18.9 – Christie is another young player that is testing the draft waters but I really hope he returns for his sophomore year. We’ll see what kind of feedback he gets. He’s built in the same mold as his older brother, a smooth shooting guard with good size, a wiry frame and high level shot-making ability. He could be a second round/developmental player this year but has a chance to grow into a first round pick with another year in school.

4) Pacôme Dadiet – SF – Ulm (France) – Draft Age 18.9 – I like Dadiet a lot and could even see him sneaking into the back end of the first round. He’s a high energy wing who makes plays on both ends of the court. He’s a good shot maker, an aggressive driver and has some passing chops. He’s probably not ready to contribute in year one but would be a nice player to have and develop, to fill a role a year or two down the line.

5) Nikola Tipić – PG – Serbia – Draft Age 18.9 – After missing a few months it’s great to see Topic back in action. He’s such a fun player to watch and has been incredibly productive in multiple settings overseas. It will be a big adjustment coming to the NBA, especially as a 18, turning 19 year old but he’s got the skills and ability to contribute early. He’s a likely top 5 pick who could be given the reins of a young franchise.

6) Tidjane Salaun – Cholet (France) – Draft Age 18.9 – Salaun has as much upside as any prospect in this draft. He instantly passes the eye test with how he moves on the court and, while he still has a lot of work to do, he’s already showing a really nice skill level with the ball in his hands. At about 6-10, he can dribble, pass and shoot the ball and makes some advanced reads and plays for a player his age. He doesn’t always have the best shot selection but has plenty of time to figure it out. He’s a likely lottery pick and I wouldn’t be surprised if he rises into the top 10.

7) Ron Holland – SF – Ignite – Draft Age 19 – Holland catches a lot of flack for not being a polished creator or shooter but it’s easy to forget he’s one of the youngest players in the draft and took on a high usage role in his one season with the Ignite. He’s a fiery competitor, brings great effort and energy to the court and impacts the game beyond just scoring. If his outside shot and handles come around he can be an All Star.

8) JT Toppin – PF – New Mexico – Draft Age 19 – Toppin has entered the draft and the transfer portal. I would guess he goes through the process this year and then chooses a school for at least one more year of development before jumping to the NBA. He’s a very active and athletic 6-9 forward who rebounds the heck out of the ball and shows nice flashes of offense as well.

9) Izan Almansa – PF – Ignite (Spain) – Draft Age 19 – I had high expectations for Almansa this year with the Ignite and he had some good moments but didn’t really standout, and so his draft stock has suffered. He’ll probably be drafted but projects as more of a possible rotation big rather than a starter or star player. He does have plenty of time to continue to develop and still has some upside to grow in to.

10) Bogoljub Marković – PF – OKK Beograd – Draft Age 19 – Not a big name but a solid prospect with offensive upside. He’s a nimble player for his size, has good feet, can handle the ball a bit and can shoot the rock. At 6-10 he’s got the height but is very thin and light and will have to add a lot of strength to be able to guard at the NBA level. Marković could sneak into the second round but is probably an undrafted guy.

11) Somto Cyril – C – OTE – Draft Age 19.1 – Cyril is a physical specimen with awesome size, power, strength and vertical pop. He’s testing the draft waters but could end up going the college route. He’s a power player who can rock the rim and isn’t afraid of contact. He does a good job on the boards, has exceptional length, helping him defend at the rim and is a surprising athlete for his size. I think he would benefit greatly from going to school for a year or two.

12) Alex Sarr – C – Perth (France) – Draft Age 19.2 – One of the favorites to go no.1 overall in this draft, Sarr had a good season down under for Perth in the NBL, after two less than stellar years in the OTE league. He’s got special mobility and coordination for a player his size and it shows up with his ability to defend all over the court, to change ends in a flash and to finish plays at the rim. He moves more like a small forward than a center and shows flashes of open court ball handling and passing ability. He’s a quick decision maker with the ball and does a good job of passing out of doubles and hitting open teammates off the short roll. If his outside shot continues to develop he’ll have the complete package.

13) Zaccharie Risacher – SF – Bourg (France) – Draft Age 19.2 – With his projection as a high lottery pick it’s easy to forget just how young Risacher is and how much more improvement and development lay ahead of him. He’s a very good athlete for his size with a strong frame and overall good movement skills. He’s not an elite athlete by NBA standards but he’s definitely got all the tools. He really stands out on the defensive end and has an advanced feel for such a young player and tremendous defensive versatility.

14) Garwey Dual – PG/SG – Providence – Draft Age 19.3 – Dual is currently in this draft but could decide to return to school after getting feedback. He’s an intriguing long, lanky and explosive guard but has an unrefined game and a a lot of work to do before he’ll be ready for the NBA. He’s got the size for position, plenty of burst and bounce and length, he just needs more experience and to develop his BBIQ.

15) Trentyn Flowers – SF – Adelaide (USA) – Draft Age 19.3 – I’m intrigued by Flowers. He’s got all the physical tools, shows plenty of promise with the ball in his hands and he got some good experience playing against grown men in the NBL. He can be streaky with his shot but when he gets it going he can really impact the game. With his size, handles and athleticism you can see an easy projection to the NBA. I’d be happy to take Flowers in the 35-50 range of the draft, with the understanding that he’ll take another year or two of development before he’s likely to impact the NBA game.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#1862 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat May 11, 2024 4:19 am

Ok. So I hadn't heard of this guy Trentyn Flowers. Count me as intrigued...

rookiescale.com has him at 56. NBA Draft Room has him 52.

Per NBA Draft Room:
SF – Adelaide 36ers, NBL – HT: 6-8 – WT: 210 – WING: NA – Fr – A dynamic athlete on the wing who showed some nice flashes against good competition in the NBL

Draft Notes
Flowers is a dynamic wing with ideal size and a lot of upside who reclassified to join the 2023 recruiting class.
A high flyer who excels at getting to the basket, getting out in transition and attacking the offensive glass.
Has nice athleticism, a sturdy frame with good strength, is very fluid on the court. Has a nice first step.
Can handle the ball in the open court but needs to keep tightening up his handles to be more effective in the half court.
Does most of his damage around the basket but has the makings of a 3pt shot.
Can guard multiple positions and shows a lot of potential on that end of the court.

Draft Age 19.3 – I’m intrigued by Flowers. He’s got all the physical tools, shows plenty of promise with the ball in his hands and he got some good experience playing against grown men in the NBL. He can be streaky with his shot but when he gets it going he can really impact the game. With his size, handles and athleticism you can see an easy projection to the NBA. I’d be happy to take Flowers in the 35-50 range of the draft, with the understanding that he’ll take another year or two of development before he’s likely to impact the NBA game

1on1 Interview with Incoming Louisville Wing Trentyn Flowers - NBA Draft Room
Guest Post by: Leader Johnson

At 6-8 210 Trentyn Flowers possesses the athleticism and power to be a scoring threat inside or outside. He has a quick first step that allows him to take defenders to the basket quickly. He has point guard skills that allow him to make others around him better and he is willing to play that role with no problem. He is a solid defender and plays with a winners mentality throughout the game. He is ranked the 28th high school basketball prospect in the country by 247 sports, 26th by on3, 23rd by Rivals, and the 23rd ranked prospect by ESPN.

NBA Draft Room has him ranked as the 22nd prospect in the 2025 NBA draft. With the addition of Illinois star point guard transfer Skyy Clark a talent like Flowers can evolve into a lottery pick in the 2024 NBA draft under coach Kenny Payne. I talked with him about his NBA future, where he grew up, and more for NBA Draft Room.

1on1 Interview
Leader: What type of impact would you bring to a NBA team?

Trentyn: I see myself bringing impact into any NBA team because of my versatility, IQ, ability to shoot the ball, and strong work ethic and athleticism.

Leader: What NBA player do you model your game after? Who do you feel is the best player in the NBA?

Trentyn: Jayson Tatum, Paul George, Penny Hardaway Jayson Tatum is the best player in the NBA in my opinion because of his upside.

Leader: I know you would be happy to play for any NBA team. But if you could pick one what franchise would it be?

Trentyn: Golden State Warriors

Leader: What will NBA coaches love about your character?

Trentyn: NBA coaches will love that I am a high character, team player, loyal, coachable, and teachable.

Leader: What do you feel is the strength of your game that allows you to impact?

Trentyn: My versatility is my ability to impact winning in multiple ways.

Leader: You have been working extra hard and really evolving as an all-around talent. What about your game has improved that makes you a better player? What do you need to improve?

Trentyn: What makes me a better player is that I have worked on my ability to shoot off the dribble and be a more consistent shooter overall. What I need to improve is getting better at closing out the defense.

Leader: Do you feel you impact both ends of the floor? What makes you an impact player on the defensive side of the ball?

Trentyn: Yes I can definitely impact both ends of the floor. I can guard multiple positions, block shots and rebound well.

Leader: Tell me about where you grew up. How are your parents an influence on you? Are there any other athletes in your family?

Trentyn: I was born in Maryland, however, I grew up mainly in Georgia. My parents are great examples in my life. They are always there for me and sacrifice everything for my betterment. They push me to be great and have instilled high character and morals in me. My brother, Brysen, is a natural athlete in both football and a beast at basketball. My sister, Kristiana, has always been good at gymnastics, cheer, dance, volleyball, and basketball.

Leader: Are you a player a coach can give it to in the clutch? Why?

Trentyn: I am definitely a player a coach can give it to in clutch situations because I am always going to make the right play. Whether I am making the shot or making my teammates better, I want to win.

jangles86
Starter
And1: 941

Post#1863 » by jangles86 » Sat May 11, 2024 9:32 am

This draft is so wide open that at pick 26 we could very much see any top 10 prospect be available at pick 26.

Look at cam Whitmore last year at pick 20.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,580

Post#1864 » by nate33 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:06 pm

Rafael122 wrote:From Bullets Forever post from January, numbers might be updated now but at that time, he was 29.5% from 3, 66% from the line. Initially, he would have the same problems Clingan has now, it's 4 on 5 on offense. As of now he's a rim runner. Do you take that number one overall? In any draft? He's also 6'11'' 217. IDK...this draft is awful, Sarr looks to be 2 years away. How is he any different than Jan Vesely? Clingan at the very least gives you something to work with initially.

Sarr is 7'1, not 6'11. Have you watched any video of him? He is the most agile 7-1 guy since David Robinson.

Sarr may pan out to be just a rim-runner, but at least he'll be a rim runner who can switch, trap, drop, and run the floor. And he does have the potential to do much more on offense (though it's not a sure thing that his shooting touch will come around enough). Clingan is going to be a rim runner who can only play drop coverage. He will provide no other offensive skill other than sealing a mismatch after a switch.

Again, I'm not saying Clingan will be bad. If we were picking 10th, I'd be interested. He looks like he's a pretty sure bet to be a low-end starter - maybe the 20th best center in the league. And he'll be useful right away. Getting a guy like that with a late lotto pick is fine. But at the top of the draft, I want a guy who can be a star or at least an above-average starter. This isn't a great draft, but there are a handful of guys with the upside to be that, even if there's some downside risk. I'm willing to gamble on a much higher upside even if the floor might be a bit lower. And I'm not at all worried if he is 2 years away. I consider that a feature, not a bug.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,420

Post#1865 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:36 pm

nate33 wrote:Sarr may pan out to be just a rim-runner, but at least he'll be a rim runner who can switch, trap, drop, and run the floor. And he does have the potential to do much more on offense (though it's not a sure thing that his shooting touch will come around enough). Clingan is going to be a rim runner who can only play drop coverage. He will provide no other offensive skill other than sealing a mismatch after a switch.

Are we talking about the same Clingan? The one that posted 20.8 points and 2.4 assist-1.3 turnovers per 36 on 63.7% TS?

There’s a lot more nuance to this discussion. Rim running requires an ability to understand spacing/lanes/cutting/sealing, the ability to set quality screens, and most importantly, the ability to finish. Sarr is not a rim runner at all.

Sarr is extremely mediocre finishing around the basket and currently, incapable of setting quality screens and has little to no feel for rolling. Tell me what happens when Sarr never develops into a shooter, capable of playing the 4, and also forces his team to get dominated on the glass/paint defense, which always results in a significant negative impact?

Clingan brings elite finishing, elite feel for the game/basketball IQ, unselfishness, ball movement, doesn’t turn it over, is one of the best screeners in recent drafts. Any shooting potential is just icing on the cake for a great offensive skill set for a C.

Combine that with elite rim protection and defensive IQ. Racks up steals and blocks and has a 99 percentile skill of dropping in PNR coverage and both containing the ball handler, and recovering to the big. One of the best 1 on 2 PNR defenders that we’ve seen in a long time. His feel is off the charts. He keeps the ball in play when he blocks shots, and doesn’t ever go for any obnoxious block attempts, stays down and dominates the glass.

Clingan will be a high end starter/top 5 C in impact, that posts 17-12-3-3 on elite efficiency and matches up well against guys like Embiid/Jokic.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1866 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 1:40 pm

The argument that “guys like Clingan are always attainable for cheap” is valid though. Also doesn’t fit our timeline.

I wouldn’t take him over Topic or Sheppard, but his floor is guys like Hartenstein/Kessler, not his ceiling.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#1867 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat May 11, 2024 2:13 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Sarr may pan out to be just a rim-runner, but at least he'll be a rim runner who can switch, trap, drop, and run the floor. And he does have the potential to do much more on offense (though it's not a sure thing that his shooting touch will come around enough). Clingan is going to be a rim runner who can only play drop coverage. He will provide no other offensive skill other than sealing a mismatch after a switch.

Are we talking about the same Clingan? The one that posted 20.8 points and 2.4 assist-1.3 turnovers per 36 on 63.7% TS?

There’s a lot more nuance to this discussion. Rim running requires an ability to understand spacing/lanes/cutting/sealing, the ability to set quality screens, and most importantly, the ability to finish. Sarr is not a rim runner at all.

Sarr is extremely mediocre finishing around the basket and currently, incapable of setting quality screens and has little to no feel for rolling. Tell me what happens when Sarr never develops into a shooter, capable of playing the 4, and also forces his team to get dominated on the glass/paint defense, which always results in a significant negative impact?

Clingan brings elite finishing, elite feel for the game/basketball IQ, unselfishness, ball movement, doesn’t turn it over, is one of the best screeners in recent drafts. Any shooting potential is just icing on the cake for a great offensive skill set for a C.

Combine that with elite rim protection and defensive IQ. Racks up steals and blocks and has a 99 percentile skill of dropping in PNR coverage and both containing the ball handler, and recovering to the big. One of the best 1 on 2 PNR defenders that we’ve seen in a long time. His feel is off the charts. He keeps the ball in play when he blocks shots, and doesn’t ever go for any obnoxious block attempts, stays down and dominates the glass.

Clingan will be a high end starter/top 5 C in impact, that posts 17-12-3-3 on elite efficiency and matches up well against guys like Embiid/Jokic.

Question : So what is the deal with Kel'el Ware? Why am I increasing seeing mocks where he is falling out of the 1st round? I hear rumblings about he gives low effort? I mean dude averaged 16 pts, 10 boards, 2 blocks, 1.5 assists in the most physical conference in college basketball last season. He shot 43% from 3, albeit only 63% FT. But he's a 7footer with nice mobility, athleticism, fluidity, coordination, timing and touch. Watching video of him he is constantly getting fouled, has 3 guys draped all over him, and finishing through hard contact with power. I mean dude looked like a lottery pick... What am I missing?
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1868 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:20 pm

I haven’t watched much of Ware, but I found these videos:

Looks like a poor motor, poor feel for the game, lack of physicality. Leaves his feet for blocks a lot, gets sealed off, ball watches on D, forces shots on O and doesn’t set any screens.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,971

Post#1869 » by tontoz » Sat May 11, 2024 2:30 pm

NatP4 wrote:I haven’t watched much of Ware, but I found these videos:

Looks like a poor motor, poor feel for the game, lack of physicality. Leaves his feet for blocks a lot, gets sealed off, ball watches on D, forces shots on O and doesn’t set any screens.

That is what i have been hearing from multiple sources. Some teams have him off the board because of his lack of motor and awareness.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,971

Post#1870 » by tontoz » Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm

A few months back someone mentioned Buzelis and i wasnt interested because of his poor shooting. However with so many guys struggling to shoot i figured he might be worth another look. For the season he struggled from 3 but shot 77% from the line and 60% on 2s. His length and athleticism look legit and he has some nice moves off the dribble. Decent shot blocker as well.

Apparently he was seen as a top 2 pick prior to the season, then fell on the mocks after a slow start. I watched one of his
full games (vs Perth and Sarr on 9/6) and liked what i saw.

Edit: the stats i got were from bbref but i just noticed they are only for 9 games from the "showcase cup" whatever that is lol.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,012

Post#1871 » by DCZards » Sat May 11, 2024 2:52 pm

nate33 wrote:Sarr is 7'1, not 6'11. Have you watched any video of him? He is the most agile 7-1 guy since David Robinson.

Haven’t heard this comparison…and I agree.

Sarr’s mobility and coordination is off the charts for a 7 footer. His D will be elite and if Sarr’s offense and rebounding—he’ll be a better rebounder with more muscle—come around, Sarr will be worthy of the top pick that he’ll likely be.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1872 » by nate33 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 pm

NatP4 wrote:Clingan will be a high end starter/top 5 C in impact, that posts 17-12-3-3 on elite efficiency and matches up well against guys like Embiid/Jokic.

I'll bet you a million dollars that Clingan is not a top 5 center in the NBA. I'm also 100 percent certain he won't average 17 points per game.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1873 » by nate33 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm

tontoz wrote:A few months back someone mentioned Buzelis and i wasnt interested because of his poor shooting. However with so many guys struggling to shoot i figured he might be worth another look. For the season he struggled from 3 but shot 77% from the line and 60% on 2s. His length and athleticism look legit and he has some nice moves off the dribble. Decent shot blocker as well.

Apparently he was seen as a top 2 pick prior to the season, then fell on the mocks after a slow start. I watched one of his
full games (vs Perth and Sarr on 9/6) and liked what i saw.

Yeah, I like the way Buzelis plays in most respects, except for the ball doesn't actually go in the basket very much. Otherwise, he's a sound defender, a good ball mover, and a solid rebounder for a guy so thin. And he is long and athletic. He kinda reminds me of Franz Wagner except he has nowhere near Wagner's touch around the rim. Wagner also always had that bread-and-butter Eurostep move to build off of. Buzelis doesn't have a reliable go-to move yet, other than as a finisher on the break.

I think Buzelis is on the list of guys that we might consider in the 3-5 range. Again it depends on projection. There's a lot of talented but incomplete players in this draft. Buzelis is one of them. Our scouts need to figure out which of these guys will put it all together with more training and experience. And that really boils down to a character assessment. Who is going to work the hardest?
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1874 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:07 pm

nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Clingan will be a high end starter/top 5 C in impact, that posts 17-12-3-3 on elite efficiency and matches up well against guys like Embiid/Jokic.

I'll bet you a million dollars that Clingan is not a top 5 center in the NBA. I'm also 100 percent certain he won't average 17 points per game.

Per36**

Hartenstein was a top 5 C in impact this year, and averaged 16.7 points per 36 last year. Hell, Daniel Gafford averages 19 points per 36 with Dallas. Marvin Bagley averaged 20 points per 36 this year. There is no reason to project a prospect that produced 20.8 points on 63.7% TS as a 12 point per game scorer ceiling in the NBA.

Can we make a deal to actually re-visit this in a couple of years? Because we don’t like talking about Franz Wagner around here.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1875 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 pm

nate33 wrote:There's a lot of talented but incomplete players in this draft. Buzelis is one of them. Our scouts need to figure out which of these guys will put it all together with more training and experience. And that really boils down to a character assessment. Who is going to work the hardest?

I really like Buzelis’ talent level, but admittedly cooled on him after his comments about Risacher.

Risacher is out there playing highly competitive professional French pro a/Eurocup basketball games and playing a role and fitting in.

Buzelis just finished a full year of getting blown out every single night while everyone on the roster 1-15 played self-centered losing basketball. They literally disgraced the Ignite program out of existence. Buzelis had a net rating of -28.2 in March. He's sitting on the couch at home talking trash about another prospect across the globe that is still playing.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1876 » by nate33 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:21 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Hartenstein was a top 5 C in impact this year, and averaged 16.7 points per 36 last year. Hell, Daniel Gafford averages 19 points per 36 with Dallas. Marvin Bagley averaged 20 points per 36 this year.

Oh. You didn't say per 36.

17 points per 36 is plausible. Most starting-caliber centers get to at least 16 points per 36. Gafford is an elite rim-runner, possibly the best in the game. I don't see Clingan matching that. Hartenstein type production is plausible, though Hartenstein is quite a bit more nimble than Clingan at the moment. (To be fair, most big guys develop quicker feet as the mature physically and get into NBA training programs. Clingan will get quicker, I'm just not sure how much.) Hartenstein also has that pretty sweet lefty floater. It's no sure thing Clingan develops a weapon like that.

I think Zubac is the best comp, but even Zubac managed 16 points per 36.

I think you are being a little bit coy with your top 5 "impact" remark though. "Impact" is a pretty difficult thing to measure. It's subjective and it depends a lot on teammates and situation. Clingan will never be a top 5 center in terms of production. One can argue that Hartenstein is having a top 5 impact at the moment given a very unique situation in NY, but I can name at least 10 centers every GM would want over him if the cost was the same.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#1877 » by NatP4 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:32 pm

nate33 wrote:I think you are being a little bit coy with your top 5 "impact" remark though. "Impact" is a pretty difficult thing to measure. It's subjective and it depends a lot on teammates and situation. Clingan will never be a top 5 center in terms of production. One can argue that Hartenstein is having a top 5 impact at the moment given a very unique situation in NY, but I can name at least 10 centers every GM would want over him if the cost was the same.

I simply do not think it’s fair to put an absolute ceiling on some players and not others. Is there ANY evidence that Clingan will not be a top 5 C in terms of production? In terms of production, he’s right up there with prospects like Chet Holmgren, Anthony Davis, KAT.

Much better prospect than Hartenstein and Zubac. That’s his floor, his ceiling is closer to these other guys, but requires a slight adjustment for age+team context (one of the greatest NCAA teams/coaches of all time).

https://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=donovan-clingan--anthony-davis--karl-anthony-towns--chet-holmgren
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1878 » by nate33 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:45 pm

I just did the Tankathon lotto simulation 5 times in a row. My results?

5th
6th
6th
6th
5th

Keep me the hell away from Chicago on May 12th!
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,250

Post#1879 » by AFM » Sat May 11, 2024 4:52 pm

No that's perfect. Get all the bad karma out now.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#1880 » by closg00 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:55 pm

My sim

Return to Washington Wizards