Mini Trade Tourney - congrats ecuhus

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Mini Trade Tourney - congrats ecuhus 

Post#1 » by bryant08 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Here's a nice simple idea, all posters who want to participate can. The task is to come up with the best trade you can think of within the next 48 hours. I need the help of 2 judges for it. No head to head match ups or anything, but everyone will be given a rating out of 10 at the end of it. Highest rating = winner.

Trades will be evaluated on how realistic, creative and obviously they have to work under the CBA.

Go :D
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: Mini Trade Tourney 

Post#2 » by CellarDoor » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 pm

I can judge.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by bryant08 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:35 am

Oh c'mon guys, let's get some interest going here! Only one more judging spot available, thanks CellarDoor.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by CellarDoor » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:12 am

Probably should post and sticky a thread for info on the trade board.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by bryant08 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:29 am

^Done, hopefully that gets a couple more people interested.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#6 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 am

I'll judge. Now all we have to do is get contestants lol...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:49 pm

I'll be a contestant. I don't have a trade in mind yet, but I will by Monday at 5pm CST.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,730

Post#8 » by Cowology » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:47 pm

bryant08 wrote:^Done, hopefully that gets a couple more people interested.

Would make it easier if you'd post a direct link to this board (or this specific thread) in the sticky on the trade board.
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 953

Post#9 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:46 am

I'm in.

Knicks/Clippers

Knicks Trade: Stephon Marbury, Malik Rose, Mardy Collins, and a 2nd round pick
Clippers Trade: Marcus Camby, Cuttino Mobley, and Tim Thomas

Knicks Reasons: So far in the D'Antoni/Walsh era, the message has been very clear: "We want the team to be competitive now but still be able to be under the cap for the 2009/2010 offseason." This trade makes the Knicks very competitive now but still does not mess up cap flexibility for the key offseason. Camby would instantly be inserted into the starting center role giving the Knicks the size, shot-blocking, and rebounding the Knicks desparately need. Mobley and Thomas would both become key reserves off the bench for NY. Knicks lose no key contributors while adding three (all of whom have contracts ending at the end of next season).

Clippers Reasons: The Clippers are going nowhere this season. In this trade, they save almost $25 million. This trade also gets them WAY under the cap at the end of this offseason (they would only have $28 million committed). The Clippers can be in the market for free agents like Iverson, Sheed, Artest, Odom, Kobe, and Marion. If none of those players appeal to the Clips, they can still stay under the cap for the huge Bron/Wade/Bosh etc. offseason.

Knicks new contending lineup:

Duhon/Nate
Crawford/Mobley
Chandler/Q
Randolph/Thomas
Camby/Lee

Nice.
mikeselectro
Banned User

Post#10 » by mikeselectro » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:22 pm

i'll be a contestant also
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#11 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:00 pm

Alright, I'll link the thread that I created for my idea. I suppose you could say I'm cheating, since shagadelice45 inspired my proposal, but I think we all scavenge off of each others' ideas a bit around here, right? :lol:

Kaman/Baron for Smith/Bibby

See the OP for reasoning and depth charts.
-- Steve Martin
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 976

Post#12 » by Mascot » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm

Toronto Trades
Jason Kapono $5,784,480 $6,212,960 $6,641,440
Kris Humphries $3,200,000 $3,200,000 $3,200,000
Joey Graham $2,449,184 $3,441,104
Anthony Parker $4,550,000

New York Trades

Jamal Crawford $8,640,000 $9,360,000 $10,080,000
Jared Jeffries $6,049,400 $6,466,600 $6,883,800
Mardy Collins $1,034,760 $1,867,742 $2,801,613

this saves New York $7,122,360 in 2010 plus the 3.5 million caphold that Mardy Collins will have on his contract which would put them up to around 10 million in cap space gone. In Dantoni's system Kapono dosent need to play defense so he should be able to stay on the floor. They resign Lee and Robinson next year for $8,000,000 per year and 4,000,000 per year. This would put them down to about 42 million which would be about 18 million under the salary cap and directly into the Lebron Sweepstakes. If they can find someone stupid enough to take Curry then they are set for 2010 free agency to sign Lebron plus another star. They then resign Duhon for 15 million for 3 years.

C - Eddy Curry/Jerome James
PF - Zach Randolph/David Lee
SF - Lebron James/Wilson Chanlder/Danio Gallinari
SG - Jason Kapono/Patrick Ewing jr.
PG - Chris Duhon/Nate Robinson/Anthony Roberson

Toronto has gone win now so adding Crawford is an upgrade at the wing along with Jared Jeffries since he can play defense better than Kapono assuming he recovers from his fractured fibula. Tornto Stays under the luxury tax this year with this as well as next year and then in 2010 they also have around 18 million in cap space after bosh ops out to resign him and resign Jermaine to a 3 year contract for around 24 million, and resign Andrea Bargnani if he has proven hes worth it.

C - Jermaine O'Neal/Nathan Jawai
PF - Chris Bosh/Andrea Bargnani
SF - Jared Jeffries/Jamario Moon
SG - Jamal Crawford/Hassan Adams/Mardy Collins
PG - Jose Calderon/Will Solomon/Roko Ukic
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by bryant08 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Sorry guys, not really worth judging we've got 3 contestants, let's wait a day and see how it works out. If no one else participates, I guess we'll just have to go ahead and name a winner.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,968

Post#14 » by dockingsched » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 pm

i'll post the recent trade i created:

clips send: marcus camby, cuttino mobley

knicks send: stephon marbury

why for the clips? they basically go back to where they were financially before trading for marcus, only this time they get to cut one yr off of mobley's deal. no harm, no foul. they're 1-9, season is basically over.

why for the knicks? get a rebounding/shot blocking big without committing to 2010 contracts. all they lose is a disgruntled player that they were going to buy out anyway.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,184

Post#15 » by shrink » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:33 am

Hard to believe after all these years, but the KNICKS front office inspired me.

NOH GIVES: Mo Peterson, Mike James, Rasual Butler, Top-20 Protected 1st
NOH GETS: Eddy Curry, Jamaal Tinsley

IND GIVES: Rasho Nesterovic (exp), Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels
IND GETS: David Lee, Mo Pete, Mike James, Malik Rose Top-20 Protected 1st

NYK GIVES: Eddy Curry, Malik Rose (exp), David Lee
NYK GETS: Rasho Nesterovic (exp), Marquis Daniels, Rasual Butler

WHY FOR NOH: Curry and Tinsley are two of the scariest players in the league, but since NOH wants a ring and doesn't have the trade assets to get it, they may be worth the risk. Both have talented locked away deep under those problems, and perhaps a play-off run will improve them. The Hornets may want to pick up a swingman to go with Posey for the vet min, but that shouldn't be hard, especially for a contender (PG's and big men are harder), and the deal opens a roster space for that. NOH's pick will be late, and unlikely to help them much over the next couple years. The Hornets aren't trading a lot of positive value here, and they add vets with talent to fix their paper-thin bench, and are clearly not players in the 2010 free agency, so Curry and Tinsley's third year isn't poison.

WHY FOR IND: Priority #1 on this team is to move Tinsley as cheaply as possible, and this deal doesn't cost any of their major young assets. Moving Rasho and Daniels gives their young players more minutes to develop, and David Lee is an intrigueing guy who may fit well with Hibbert. Rasho/Daniels for Malik Rose/Mike James is salary neutral, as is Tinsley for Mo Pete, so the Granger money is still there. They get a free audition of Lee, a protected pick, and can swap into Mo Pete's third year, since they are another team with no chance at the 2010 sweepstakes, and most importantly of all .. no more Tinley.

WHY FOR NYK: They move the unmovable Curry, and it only costs David Lee. After today's trades, its quite possible they wouldn't want to go back over the lux matching an offer for him next season anyway, so its better to use him to move Curry. Rasho/Daniels and Rose/James are salary neutral, and Rasho gives them a starting center to replace Curry this year. They don't have to use their picks, or any of their fine young players playing well under D'Antonio, and they turn Curry into the two-year deal they want to go after LeBron +
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Re: Mini Trade Tourney: Judges start marking! 

Post#16 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:27 pm

KnicksManiac - Well, obviously this had the right teams, but not the right players at all. 6

ecuhus1981 - not bad. with the acquisition of randolph, this makes kaman expendable. also, they can afford to lose a little bit of the scoring they lose with the downgrade from davis to bibby. 8

mascot - well obviously this can't happen now, but it would've been realistic. i doubt the knicks would trade in-division, though. 7

dcash - well same thing as knicksmaniac, and his got a 6 so i have no choice but to give you a lower grade. 5

shrink - i don't really think the knicks need to dump any more salary now, and giving up lee to do it probably won't happen. also, curry + chandler obviously doesn't work (see: bulls) 7
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by CellarDoor » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:06 pm

Maniac: 5- Marbury's shown nothing to make him worth a player like Camby (overrated as he may be)

Euchus: 7- You know I've got some opposition to this trade, but it's creative and fairly balanced in most other's eyes.

Mascot: 7- I think this is a pretty creative trade really. I like Jeffries' versatility on the raptors and Crawford gives them the slashing wing they've been wanting.

Cash: 5- See Maniac's explanations.

Shrink: 6- Very creative, I feel like NO is overpaying, but there's a way to tweak this deal to make it very workable, I know it.
bryant08
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by bryant08 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm

KnicksManiac - 5.5 (Sorry, Marbury isn't worth Camby IMO)
Ecuhus - 7.5 (I like this deal, pretty creative as well. I just don't think it's realisitic enough to warrant a better rating)
Mascot - 6.5 (I don't see Crawford as the solution to the Raptors problems, in terms of value it's not far off)
dcash - 5.5 (same as knicksmaniac)
Shrink - 7.5 (Again another very creative entry, but NO will likely think twice about adding Curry AND Tinsley to their roster. But they are great talents and they aren't giving up much, hence I gave this deal a decent score)

Totals:
KnicksManiac - 16.5
ecuhus - 22.5
Mascot - 20.5
dcash - 15.5
Shrink - 20.5

Congrats to ecuhus who won it and Shrink/Mascot as runners up.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Re: Mini Trade Tourney - congrats ecuhus 

Post#19 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:21 pm

YES! I WON!

I haven't checked the T&T Games thread in a long time, and I had completely forgotten about this. Well, I salute my competitors, and thank the judges for their feedback.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Trades and Transactions Games