Trade Tourney - Champion: VintaGe36

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Trade Tourney - Championship Round: VintaGe36 vs. SimonFish 

Post#121 » by VintaGe36 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:59 am

The trade was hard, so I decided to be bold.

I didn't expect my trade to get embraced very well.

But you have to admit, it makes for discussion, and was something never seen before....:lol:
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#122 » by SimonFish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:44 am

Question:

Can a trade be done in a manner like Marion for Odom?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,976

Post#123 » by dockingsched » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:00 am

good question. yes, you can use a player from a different scenario. if you want to use the same trade for multiple scenarios i'll allow that too. banking on one trade can pay off but also back fire.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#124 » by SimonFish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:03 am

Hmm...

Then, can I use Marion for Odom in the Odom scenerio, and have a different trade (say, Marion for craps) in the Marion scenerio?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by dockingsched » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:16 am

sure
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#126 » by SimonFish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:12 am

I'll do the Brad Miller trade first.

Pacers trade: Marquis Daniels, Brandon Rush, Rasho Nesterovic, Jamaal Tinsley, Maceo Baston, 2009 1st round pick (lotto protected)
Pacers receive: Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas, Douby, Steven Hunter, Chucky Atkins

Kings trade: Kenny Thomas, Quincy Douby, Brad Miller
Kings receive: Marquis Daniels, Brandon Rush, Rasho Nesterovic, Maceo Baston, Ind 2009 1st round pick, Den 2010 2nd round pick

Nuggets trade: Steven Hunter, Chucky Atkins, 2010 2nd round pick
Nuggets receive: Jamaal Tinsley

Why for the Pacers:

Ford/Diener/Atkins
Dunleavy/Jack/Douby
Granger/Graham
Murphy/McRoberts/Hunter/KT
Miller/Hibbert/Foster

Pacers will have a run for the playoffs this season. Before the trade, their weakest position is the Center. This trade enables them to get a legitimate starting center for the team to strive for the playoffs, before Hibbert can bring up great numbers. Although they need to absorb KT's contract, they also get rid of Tinsley, whose contract is longer than KT. This trade is good for them for both their lineup as well as contracts.

Why for the Kings:

Udrih/Jackson/Brown
Martin/Daniels/Rush
Salmons/Garcia/Greene
Moore/Thompson/Baston
Hawes/Williams/Nesterovic

I made this trade taking reference to the Artest trade (Artest for 1st round pick + young player (Greene) and expirings). This trade is a lot better valuewise than the Artest trade. They get a higher 1st round pick, a young player which was drafted higher than Greene, and expirings with greater value. Sure losing Douby may hurt the team, but they are not exercising their options on him anyway, which means that they'll eventually lose him. At the same time, getting rid of KT can leave them with more capspace in 2009. Therefore, the whole trade is very good for their rebuild.

Why for the Nuggets:

Tinsley/Carter/Cleaves
AI/JR Smith/D.Jones
Anthony/Balkman/Weems
Martin/Kleiza/J.Howard
Nene/Andersen/Fazekas

The trade basically comes from rumours. This solves their hole in PG. Although they may be a bit thin in the 5 from losing Hunter, they have young promising backups like Andersen and Fazekas. This trade can bring them further and can help them to get into the playoffs.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#127 » by SimonFish » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:25 pm

And now, the Odom trade.

Aims of the trade:
1. Let Lakers to get the title.
2. Ensure the Jazz can resign Boozer and Millsap.

Lakers trade: Odom, Radmanovic, Walton, Sun, 2010 1st round pick, Mem 2010 2nd round pick
Lakers receive: AK47, Knight, Almond, J.Collins

Jazz trade: AK47, Knight, Almond, J.Collins
Jazz receive: Odom, Radmanovic, Walton, Sun, LAL 2010 1st round pick, Mem 2010 2nd round pick

(ESPN said Knight can't be traded, but RealGM trade checker said yes, it's probably because ESPN didn't update Knight's status. He was traded to Utah on 23/7/08, now it has been 3 months, which exceeds the restriction of 2 months, so he can be traded right now.)

Why for the Lakers?

Fisher/Farmar/Knight
Kobe/Vujacic/Almond
AK47/Ariza/Karl
Gasol/Powell/J.Collins
Bynum/Mihm/J.Collins

Lineup: AK47 is much better than Odom, there's no doubt. The addition of him on to Kobe, Gasol and Bynum can further push them to get the NBA Championship.
Contract: Sure AK47 has a lengthy contract which may hinder Bynum's extension. However, they also get rid of Radman and Walton's lengthy contracts. Adding the expirings of Mihm (2.5M), J.Collins (2M), Ariza(3.1M), Almond(1M), Knight(2M) and Farmar (1M), they will have a capspace of 11.6M next season, combing with Bynum's original wage of 2.7M, this can pay Bynum 14M. If Bynum still finds it not enough, the Lakers can trade Vujacic away in the off-season, which can further ensure that Bynum stays with the team.

Why for the Jazz?

Deron/Price/Sun
Brewer/Korver/Miles
Odom/Harpring/Walton
Boozer/Millsap/Radman
Okur/Koufos/Fesenko

Yes, Odom is worse than AK47, but given that AK can't play as well as before, the addition of a 1st round pick and an early 2nd round pick can definitely bring something for the team.
Moreover, the focus of the trade for the Jazz is to help them resign Boozer and Millsap. Although Walton's contract is long, the amount of his contract + Radman's is less than AK's for around 5M. Combining Odom's 14M, Harpring's 6.5M (unguaranteed, so they can cut him after this season) and Fesenko's little amount, they have 25.5M of expirings. this can give Boozer and Millsap as much as they want (even overpay them). Assuming they pay Boozer 18M (6M more than the current season) and Millsap 8M (7M more than the current season), they still get 12.5M (25.5-6-7) for signing another legitimate SF to replace Odom, and run for the title.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#128 » by eitanr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:14 pm

My trade did work under trade checker. Why don't you just try it instead of declaring that it doesn't work.

I guess the Knicks avoiding a 2010 cap plan and hearing the notion of Suns player under MDA hasn't grown tired of you. I call for a rigged tourney here. The judge, in this case dcash4, should do the research himself and not take other users words for anything.
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#129 » by CellarDoor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:49 pm

http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

Failed trade scenario. And I actually thought Vintage's deal was pretty sub-par, but when matched against an invalid deal, I don't have much choice. The tourney is not rigged, and Cash has already thought for himself. I asked him before I posted even and he sent me the link to the BYC portion of Coon's website.
Here's how your trade broke down:
Phoenix out: Nash-$12,250,000.
Phoenix can take back a maximum of $15,412,500 (12250000*1.25+100,000)

Toronto out: Calderon-$7,438,017, Bargniani-$5,176,440
Toronto can take back a maximum of $11,219,311 (Calderon is BYC, making his salary going out $3,719,008, plus Bargniani's is $8,895,449*1.25+100,000)

Phoenix's portion is fine, but as you can see, due to Calderon's BYC status, the raptors cannot take in Nash's full salary.It's obviously really close, and adding in a guy like Graham would've made it work, and I would have voted for yours. I gave you ample time to review it and do so as well instead of just blindsiding you with my judging. I would appreciate if you don't try to accuse me of anything. I like you and have no reason to rig an online trade tourney. If you can provide a link and an explanation as to why your trade should work I would be all for re-evaluating the trades.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by dockingsched » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:46 pm

eitanr, i provided you with the exact reason the trade doesn't work as well as the trade id that proves that i took the time to check it myself.

here's what i wrote:
dcash4 wrote:2. VintaGe36 vs. 6. eitanr

eitanr: nice and simple 2 for one deal. the value seems really good. as mentioned, trade doesn't work. calderon recently received a big raise and became a BYC player.

Trade ID #4786316

VintaGe36: the first round picks would kinda make up for the value lost in nash/barbosa if the knicks had a first round pick to give up. as it is, they're probably giving up an unprotected 1st round pick to utah in 2010, so those picks are looking at a 2012 and 2014 delivery date.

Vote goes to VintaGe36

deciding factor: violating cba rules
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#131 » by SimonFish » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 am

Finally, the Marion trade.

Miami trade: Marion, Banks
Miami receive: Kidd, Dallas 2009 2nd round pick

Dallas trade: Kidd, 2009 2nd round pick
Dallas receive: Marion, Banks

Why for Miami?

Kidd/Chalmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook/Diawara
Beasley/J.Jones/D.Wright
Haslem/Beasley/Padgett
Blount/Haslem/Anthony

At the moment the weaknesses of Miami is C and PG. This trade helps them to solve the PG problem. True, Kidd's performance is declining, but he's still one of the best PGs in the league (and perhaps the best in the East). It would be great to get him to mentor Chalmers. Also, they get rid of Banks' contract, which creates them more capspace in 2010. The most important thing is, Kidd runs fastbreak very well. With a lineup of Kidd-Wade-D.Wight-Beasley-Haslem, the fastbreak would be great. Kidd is a very large expiring (20M), this allows them to sign short term contracts with some 2009 FAs (if necessary), and focus on 2010.

Why for Dallas?

Terry/Banks/Barea
JoHo/A.Wright/Green
Marion/Stackhouse/S.Williams/George
Dirk/Bass/Singleton
Dampier/Diop

Kidd obviously doesn't suit the Dallas style. With the core players growing older, Dallas needs to strive for the title before 2010. Marion would be a nice piece for them to build a champion team. With his presence, the Marion-Dirk-Damp front-court would be one of the best ones. Although they loses Kidd, Terry would be a good replacement, especially he is a good defender. JoHo playing at 2 can also bring up a great threat to other teams. With Banks, Wright, Stack, Bass and Diop out of the bench to help the starting 5, the team will have a nice chance to compete for the title.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#132 » by VintaGe36 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:24 am

Trade Finals:

Trade Brad Miller:

SAC trades:
Brad Miller

SAC receives:
Drew Gooden
Jacque Vaughn
Michael Finley
Matt Bonner
Lottery protected 1st

CHI trades:
Drew Gooden
Andres Noicioni
Lottery protected 1st

CHI receives:
Brad Miller

CHI get a C in Miller for extra pieces.

SAC rebuild, by trading Miller for cap space and picks

SA pick up a talented SF to compete now.

Trade Marion:

MIA trades: Shawn Marion

MIA receives: Josh Howard, Jerry Stack house.

DAL trades: Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse

DAL receives: Shawn Marion

I know I've already used this trade before, but it makes the most sense, and remains the best fit for all parties involved. MIA picks up a SF to pair with Wade and Beasley, and DAL pick up a player more suited to play with Kidd and Dirk.

Trade Odom:

LAL trades: Lamar Odom

LAL receives: Tayshaun Prince

DET trades: Tayshaun Prince

DET receives: Lamar Odom

LAL get their SF. DET get more rebounding. DET may not do this, but it's pretty close to fair value wise if you ask me.

Good luck to Simon Fish, and sorry for such a late reply.
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#133 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Miller trade:

Simonfish: I don’t think the pacers need miller back at this point. They’re rebuilding, they certainly don’t need a guy like Miller, and trading rush for him makes it even worse.

Vintage: I like it for the bulls and spurs, and this may be cutting the kings a bit short, but in reality they might not expect much more than this.

Vote: vintage

odom trade:

Simonfish: not bad. This is definitely a realistic trade for both sides. Good job.

Vintage: not sure why Detroit would give away tayshaun for free.

Vote: simonfish

marion trade:

Simonfish: again, a good trade for both teams. Kidd and wade running the floor with Beasley would be very entertaining, and you kept the cap space plan intact. Mavs obviously don’t have much use for kidd, and marion should fit in well with howard and dirk.

Vintage: same teams, different trade. I don’t think Miami is looking to trade marion for any position other than a sf or a c, and with howard’s issues I doubt Miami would be looking at him ATM.

Vote: simonfish
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by CellarDoor » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:30 am

Miller portion: Vote Vintage.

Reasoning: Simon's trade was simply too good of a return. A lotto pick, another 1st, and turning KT into expirings?

Odom Portion: Vote Vintage.

Reasoning: Vintage's trade isn't good for Detroit. They wouldn't do it, but Simon's trade has LA trading their 2010 1st when in reality that pick is owned by Memphis. The trade is invalid.

Marion portion: Vote Simonfish.

Reasoning: Vintage's trade is solid, but incredibly un-creative obviously. I'm not sure Dallas would take on Banks' deal, but it's an interesting proposition at least.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#135 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:44 am

CellarDoor wrote:Reasoning: Vintage's trade isn't good for Detroit. They wouldn't do it, but Simon's trade has LA trading their 2010 1st when in reality that pick is owned by Memphis. The trade is invalid.
Oh, I didn't see that. In that case, I change my vote in the Odom trade to Vintage.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by VintaGe36 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 am

^Also, regarding the Odom trade, I too shared the opinion that Prince had more value, however a decent number of DET fans warmed up to the trade, and I was quite surprised.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#137 » by SimonFish » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:04 am

From realgm source:

2010 first round draft pick to Memphis
The L.A. Lakers' own 2010 1st round pick to Memphis (top 6 protected in the 2010 Draft, top 6 protected in 2011, top 6 protected in 2012, top 6 protected in 2013, and unprotected in the 2014 Draft). [LA Lakers - Memphis, 2/1/2008]

I thought the Lakers own Mem, instead of Mem own Lakers...?
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by CellarDoor » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:46 am

SimonFish wrote:From realgm source:

The L.A. Lakers' own 2010 1st round pick to Memphis (top 6 protected in the 2010 Draft, top 6 protected in 2011, top 6 protected in 2012, top 6 protected in 2013, and unprotected in the 2014 Draft). [LA Lakers - Memphis, 2/1/2008]

That is a little ambiguously worded. There's no reason for that apostrophe to be there, but as you can see at the beginning it says 2010 first round draft pick to Memphis. As in the pick went TO them. I can see where you got turned around though.
SimonFish
General Manager

Post#139 » by SimonFish » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 am

CellarDoor wrote:
SimonFish wrote:From realgm source:

That is a little ambiguously worded. There's no reason for that apostrophe to be there, but as you can see at the beginning it says 2010 first round draft pick to Memphis. As in the pick went TO them. I can see where you got turned around though.

Oops my bad...

In this case I can't see how I can win this tourney. (Indeed, I am very proud of being one of the finalists.)

Congra to VintaGe36
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by CellarDoor » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:19 am

If you won the other two from the last judge it may be close.../shrug

Scratch that, best case is you lose 5 to 4

Return to Trades and Transactions Games