Trade Tourney - Champion: VintaGe36

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Re: Trade Tourney - Championship Round: VintaGe36 vs. SimonFish 

Post#141 » by SimonFish » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 am

CellarDoor wrote:If you won the other two from the last judge it may be close.../shrug

Scratch that, best case is you lose 5 to 4

Hmm...I hope so.

One more question, did you mis-read my Miller trade?

I didn't trade a lotto pick to Sacremento, it's a lotto-protected pick and a 2nd round pick to them.

Perhaps you may still think that's too much, but I just wanna clarify it anyway.

And concerning LBJ4MVP23's judgment, I am a little bit confused. Isn't the Bulls also a rebuilding team just like Pacers? (Indeed, Drew Gooden said they are rebuilding.)

Anyway thanks to all the judges in this tourney.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#142 » by CellarDoor » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 am

I was referring to Brandon Rush.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,650

Post#143 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:51 am

Now that its over and I can comment, the Pacers would never do that Brad Miller trade. We love Brad Miller but wow, we get shafted.

Congrats to Simon for making the finals and Vintage for winning.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,968

Post#144 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:30 am

Brad Miller Trade:

SimonFish: big 3 team trade. 1st thing i notice is the nuggets 2nd rnd pick that they traded to the knicks for balkman. kings just get too much value imo. thomas nullifies most if not all of miller's value, getting a first from indy is a little too much imo. using the nuggets/pacers rumored trade is pretty good, but leaving it as basically the rumor that has proven to be unacceptable for denver isn't a wise move.

VintaGe36: i think the bulls give up too much value for miller, but i value him a lot less than most. noc going to the spurs is a nice addition, and the kings get more than enough value.

vote: vintage

Lamar Odom Trade:

SimonFish: other than the 2010 lakers pick which is listed under DEBITS for the lakers and CREDITS for the grizzlies, i don't think the jazz would be too excited to be looking at losing odom for nothing and being stuck with radman/walton.

VintaGe36: the prince/odom trade, while something i feel is too good for the lakers, has indeed been almost universally liked by pistons fans, and thats a very important factor.

vote: VintaGe36

SimonFish: i like the trade. leaves both teams in a similar financial situation than their are right now. fills some needs.

VintaGe36: the one thing i don't like about it is that it leaves the mavs with two huge financial decision in the offseason with kidd and marion.

vote: SimonFish

i think this concludes the tournament.

scenario miller: VintaGe36
scenario odom: VintaGe36
scenario marion: SimonFish

Vintage36 wins 2 scenarios to SimonFish's 1 scenario

congrats SimonFish for a very well played tournament

congrats VintaGe36 on the trade tournament victory. we hope you are able to defend your title in our next tournament.

all losers in the tourney please copy and paste the following line into your sig for one week:

VintaGe36 is better than be at the art of trading.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: Trade Tourney - Champion: VintaGe36 

Post#145 » by CellarDoor » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:02 am

presumably your be should read "me" DC. And I'm still waiting for your sig to reflect YOUR loss. :p
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,968

Post#146 » by dockingsched » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:05 am

whoops, yeah me not be.

and stop living in the past man :lol:
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#147 » by VintaGe36 » Tue Nov 4, 2008 10:17 am

lol, I'm still waiting to find somebody with that quote on their sig.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games