Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Woj: Isaiah Todd and 2 FRP Swaps to Memphis 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 1:43 am

Read on Twitter

Take it for what it's worth. If Todd is sitting on an expiring, he's likely to get waived here. As for the future pick swaps, ok. Let's see what happens in 2024 and 2030.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Re: Woj: Isaiah Todd and 2 FRP Swaps to Memphis 

Post#2 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:04 am

I like the swap in 2030. Don’t see any downside in this trade.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:06 am

Todd got selected right after Aldama. Our FO knows him quite well I suppose.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#4 » by jman3134 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 3:49 am

I like Todd, but he has been extremely disappointing and underwhelming thus far in his career. Maybe a change of scenery will serve him well. I liked his upside a lot coming out and I believe there is still a lot of untapped potential. Really like the last 2 moves by the front office, taking a chance on two lengthy wings with upside.
jefe
General Manager
And1: 646

Post#5 » by jefe » Fri Jul 7, 2023 11:55 am

Washington actually holds the first dibs on those pick swaps with Phoenix, so we get the opportunity to swap with Phoenix after Washington has swapped (or not swapped) those years.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#6 » by psman2 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 4:28 pm

Todd is a cut right with no roster space? Would you guys take him over Tilman or Lofton.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 10:00 pm

psman2 wrote:Todd is a cut right with no roster space? Would you guys take him over Tilman or Lofton.

To me, he is in the GG Jackson category - both should spend a year in the Hustle or go *** themselves otherwise.

Tillman was a truly serviceable big body in the PO. Both young fellows aren’t even close to him at this point of thine. This opinion would need to be revisited next summer if they agree to the option above.
psman2
General Manager

Post#8 » by psman2 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 10:03 pm

esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:Todd is a cut right with no roster space? Would you guys take him over Tilman or Lofton.

To me, he is in the GG Jackson category - both should spend a year in the Hustle or go *** themselves otherwise.

Tillman was a truly serviceable big body in the PO. Both young fellows aren’t even close to him at this point of thine. This opinion would need to be revisited next summer if they agree to the option above.

Yep that is how I read it. Todd is a cut when we have to trim the roster down. Maybe he gets our last 2-way behind GG and Vince? But I think we might want to keep Gilyard or another pg in that 2-way spot in case of Smart/Rose injuries hit early.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 10:08 pm

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

Yep that is how I read it. Todd is a cut when we have to trim the roster down. Maybe he gets our last 2-way behind GG and Vince? But I think we might want to keep Gilyard or another pg in that 2-way spot in case of Smart/Rose injuries hit early.

I see our FO getting Todd a chance. He is an interesting guy who can step into the Aldama shoes in case a big trade happens and Aldama gets included. Todd’s shooting mechanic looks really smooth to me. Given he is 6’10 and 21 years old… He can play next to Lofton or Clarke.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 10:10 pm

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

Re Gilliyard, I see that move too, though I want to remind that our FO sees Bane as a secondary playmaker.
psman2
General Manager

Post#11 » by psman2 » Fri Jul 7, 2023 11:17 pm

esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

Re Gilliyard, I see that move too, though I want to remind that our FO sees Bane as a secondary playmaker.

If Rose is out a game or two I think we would have no problem with Bane playing a lot of backup PG, but if Smart is out I think we would like to have a PG that could come in a give some minutes rather than force 30+ onto Rose.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by esvl » Fri Jul 7, 2023 11:57 pm

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:

If Rose is out a game or two I think we would have no problem with Bane playing a lot of backup PG, but if Smart is out I think we would like to have a PG that could come in a give some minutes rather than force 30+ onto Rose.

Fair enough. The Q now is would anyone similar to Gulliard be available around in case in such emergency? If likely yes, then I would prefer to give a roster spot to someone like Todd or GG - with some potential for growth.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Post#13 » by closg00 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:59 pm

jman3134 wrote:I like Todd, but he has been extremely disappointing and underwhelming thus far in his career. Maybe a change of scenery will serve him well. I liked his upside a lot coming out and I believe there is still a lot of untapped potential. Really like the last 2 moves by the front office, taking a chance on two lengthy wings with upside.

Wiz fan here, Todd is one of the worst basketball player I have ever seen, he wasn't even a good G-League player, I don't think your FO see's anything in him, he will be cut.
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#14 » by jman3134 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:15 am

closg00 wrote:
jman3134 wrote:I like Todd, but he has been extremely disappointing and underwhelming thus far in his career. Maybe a change of scenery will serve him well. I liked his upside a lot coming out and I believe there is still a lot of untapped potential. Really like the last 2 moves by the front office, taking a chance on two lengthy wings with upside.

Wiz fan here, Todd is one of the worst basketball player I have ever seen, he wasn't even a good G-League player, I don't think your FO see's anything in him, he will be cut.

Like I said, I don't like how he has played at all. The same thing could've been said about Jarrett Culver. Our front office will possibly cut him, but maybe take a stab to see if there is anything there with a change of scenery.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies