ImageImage

Life without Ja

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 395

Life without Ja 

Post#1 » by esvl » Sun May 14, 2023 9:02 pm

For whatever reason Ja is out, so it makes more sense to start discussing our life without him instead of asking how we managed to fail our first franchise superstar. First Q in my head, are we good to go long way with Tyus (20m) and Bane (25+) as our backcourt. Anything else?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,980

Re: Life without Ja 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sun May 14, 2023 9:53 pm

I mean Ja will be suspended for a bit to start the season, but he'll be back for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Tyus can carry us until he comes back with Bane and Kennard covering backup PG duties.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by esvl » Sun May 14, 2023 10:37 pm

VCfor3 wrote:I mean Ja will be suspended for a bit to start the season, but he'll be back for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Tyus can carry us until he comes back with Bane and Kennard covering backup PG duties.

Seriously? You think the relations between Ja and the ownership aren’t broken, are you?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Sun May 14, 2023 11:09 pm

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I mean Ja will be suspended for a bit to start the season, but he'll be back for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Tyus can carry us until he comes back with Bane and Kennard covering backup PG duties.

Seriously? You think the relations between Ja and the ownership aren’t broken, are you?

No personal attacks.

Ja is locked up for 5 more years. He is stuck with Memphis with little leverage even if he did ask out. There is nothing Memphis or any other franchise would be able to do to stop the NBA punishing him, so him going elsewhere wouldn't change anything there. The relationship between Ja and the FO definitely is hurt by all this, but I don't see Ja never playing for us again. If he refuses to play until he is traded, no other team will want to risk being stuck with his massive contract.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by esvl » Mon May 15, 2023 1:41 am

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:

No personal attacks.

Ja is locked up for 5 more years. He is stuck with Memphis with little leverage even if he did ask out. There is nothing Memphis or any other franchise would be able to do to stop the NBA punishing him, so him going elsewhere wouldn't change anything there. The relationship between Ja and the FO definitely is hurt by all this, but I don't see Ja never playing for us again. If he refuses to play until he is traded, no other team will want to risk being stuck with his massive contract.

What personal attacks? Nothing was meant to attack anyone here. We are discussing Ja, no one else.

Getting back to him. I hope you are right and after getting matured and learning a lesson Ja will return stronger and motivated than ever before. But I sincerely doubt, but I do hope. Hope that he will not get back on the court just to perform his job in return for salary pursuant to his contract and nothing beyond. Because it might be the best we could wish for at this moment.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,582

Post#6 » by GoSixersBro » Wed May 24, 2023 11:37 pm

Not to go completely off topic but I'm a massive Tyus Jones fan and at least your fans have a competent point guard to run the show in Morant's absence.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,598

Post#7 » by durden_tyler » Thu May 25, 2023 2:24 pm

Yeah, this relationship can't be repaired anymore. Start talking Morant trades-- it's best for the franchise and hopefully the Memphis brass just take the best available deal because some teams can be hoodwinked while he still has some value left.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Thu May 25, 2023 5:29 pm

durden_tyler wrote:Yeah, this relationship can't be repaired anymore. Start talking Morant trades-- it's best for the franchise and hopefully the Memphis brass just take the best available deal because some teams can be hoodwinked while he still has some value left.

I know this statement you made is mostly frustration. All Grizzlies fans understand that the frustration. Ja has made a lot of ppl mad about his choices from being reckless on multiple occasions to the company he keeps. Believe me when i tell you when Ja gets that reality check that's still coming down, it will be hard and will be swift. Ja will have no choice but to reflect on everything that he's done that has let to this moment. It's Ja's choice to either change his ways as he faces this upcoming suspension

As to trading Ja:

You already know the Grizzlies will not put Ja on the market. One, his value is low. Second, he's the Grizzlies best star right now. They are in a position to stand by Ja. I know this is a hard task as Ja has not made this part easy. He has to mend a lot of fences from his teammates, the organization, fans, and most of all himself. He has no choice now but to fight hard to get his reputation and his integrity back if he wants to be the man he chooses to be. Everything will work itself out in the long run. At this point, the Grizzlies just have to soldier on accordingly. Do what they do best to upgrade the roster and support Ja as he overcomes the damages he's cause.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by esvl » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:17 pm

I believe the Smart trade addresses the very topic of this thread. Now the franchise will likely survive Ja’s departure and even his permanent disqualification without any serious downgrade.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by esvl » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:07 pm

Does ZK’s remarks about Ja’s suspension mean that there is some kind of breach of chemistry? If yes, I expect ZK will be accepting trade call during first 25 games of the season. I would listen to what Brooklyn might offer.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#11 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:51 pm

I don't think it means Ja is available right now though it does leave room for him to be in the future if he repeats his behavior. I think ZK and them are just frustrated is all.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by esvl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:43 am

VCfor3 wrote:I don't think it means Ja is available right now though it does leave room for him to be in the future if he repeats his behavior. I think ZK and them are just frustrated is all.

Does ZK want to wait for Ja’s repeating his behaviour? By that time, he might have only a waive/release option on the table. If tomorrow someone offers Mikal Bridges, I believe ZK will likely consider it. Thoughts?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#13 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:48 am

esvl wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:I don't think it means Ja is available right now though it does leave room for him to be in the future if he repeats his behavior. I think ZK and them are just frustrated is all.

Does ZK want to wait for Ja’s repeating his behaviour? By that time, he might have only a waive/release option on the table. If tomorrow someone offers Mikal Bridges, I believe ZK will likely consider it. Thoughts?

I think we give Ja a bit more time even if Bridges is offered. But I don't know what the FO is actually thinking and Bridges is crazy good so maybe they'd feel differently.
esvl
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by esvl » Sat Jun 24, 2023 6:08 am

VCfor3 wrote:
esvl wrote:

I think we give Ja a bit more time even if Bridges is offered. But I don't know what the FO is actually thinking and Bridges is crazy good so maybe they'd feel differently.

Yeah, I am on the same page here. Only God na probably psman2 know what will happen.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,694

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:31 am

Unconfirmed Ja Sightings:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks